the Ferret
Road warrior
On fire is right. Brilliant color.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Our leaves are about done all that's left are the browns of the oaks and the greens of the Pines and cedarsThe ferret_imp said:Our leaves are starting to turn but we are still a couple weeks away from peak I would say
![]()
![]()
Three weeks of changing colors! Very cool to see the difference. Even the bike changed.The ferret_imp said:Our leaves are about done all that's left are the browns of the oaks and the greens of the Pines and cedarsThe ferret_imp said:Our leaves are starting to turn but we are still a couple weeks away from peak I would say
![]()
![]()
Pic above was on Oct 16, same spot now on Nov 7,
![]()
HA! Are you mocking this thread?! :beerchug:Gone in 60_imp said:On the way to work this morning, I noticed that our tree has finished changing its leaves.
lol - Perhaps, Gone on L.A.pdedse_imp said:Three weeks of changing colors! Very cool to see the difference. Even the bike changed.The ferret_imp said:Our leaves are about done all that's left are the browns of the oaks and the greens of the Pines and cedarsThe ferret_imp said:Our leaves are starting to turn but we are still a couple weeks away from peak I would say
![]()
![]()
Pic above was on Oct 16, same spot now on Nov 7,
![]()
HA! Are you mocking this thread?! :beerchug:Gone in 60_imp said:On the way to work this morning, I noticed that our tree has finished changing its leaves.
Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...pdedse_imp said:Whoops! That's a cool photo. Care to divulge location?
There is actually and you can see the road in the top left of the picture going up the side of the mountain. The road that runs West (N Ogden Canyon Rd) from those coordinates passes over those mountains that you see in the background. It's a bit twisty, but not extremely so. It does however have a very steep climb and then descent on the other side of the mountain.GoldOxide_imp said:Reminds me of a sort of "harvest valley".
Too bad a twisty doesn't wind through it?
Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...Whoops_imp said:Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...pdedse_imp said:Whoops! That's a cool photo. Care to divulge location?
Google Maps
There is actually and you can see the road in the top left of the picture going up the side of the mountain. The road that runs West (N Ogden Canyon Rd) from those coordinates passes over those mountains that you see in the background. It's a bit twisty, but not extremely so. It does however have a very steep climb and then descent on the other side of the mountain.GoldOxide_imp said:Reminds me of a sort of "harvest valley".
Too bad a twisty doesn't wind through it?
There is actually and you can see the road in the top left of the picture going up the side of the mountain. The road that runs West (N Ogden Canyon Rd) from those coordinates passes over those mountains that you see in the background. It's a bit twisty, but not extremely so. It does however have a very steep climb and then descent on the other side of the mountain.Whoops_imp said:Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...pdedse_imp said:Whoops! That's a cool photo. Care to divulge location?
Google Maps
There is actually and you can see the road in the top left of the picture going up the side of the mountain. The road that runs West (N Ogden Canyon Rd) from those coordinates passes over those mountains that you see in the background. It's a bit twisty, but not extremely so. It does however have a very steep climb and then descent on the other side of the mountain.GoldOxide_imp said:Reminds me of a sort of "harvest valley".
Too bad a twisty doesn't wind through it?
I have explored Utah extensively over the years and Bear Lake is a bit of a hidden gem, or used to be. I have been to Bear Lake many times. The first when I was about 8 for a Boy Scout camp. I got my lifesaving merit badge swimming in that lake while there was still ice floating during the spring thaw. It's a beautiful lake surrounded by a desert scrub. It's unusually tropical looking; a surreal blue due to the calcium carbonate in the water. The surrounding communities seem to be undergoing a gentrification (read turning into a resort town ala Jackson Hole) that is driving out people that have lived there for generations. Property values are rising rapidly in the name of second homes for out of state residents that don't stay around during the winter. As such the economy is undergoing a transition to a service industry based economy that mainly operates in the summer. That's ironic because in so doing, it is loosing the local flavor everyone presumably moved there for in the first place.pdedse_imp said:Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...Whoops_imp said:Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...pdedse_imp said:Whoops! That's a cool photo. Care to divulge location?
Google Maps
There is actually and you can see the road in the top left of the picture going up the side of the mountain. The road that runs West (N Ogden Canyon Rd) from those coordinates passes over those mountains that you see in the background. It's a bit twisty, but not extremely so. It does however have a very steep climb and then descent on the other side of the mountain.GoldOxide_imp said:Reminds me of a sort of "harvest valley".
Too bad a twisty doesn't wind through it?
Google Maps
...
Thanks! I rode and drove through Utah a few times, such a beautiful state. I wouldn't mind seeing more photos of your CB1100 out in the wilds, so to speak.
Your map got me exploring the area a bit. Zooming in and out, I'm drawn to bodies of water. I see Bear Lake in the NE corner. I've never even heard of it, but it looks cool from the satelite view. Ever been there?
Very interesting comments, thanks. From the satelite photo the lake did look a deeper than normal shade of blue...now I understand why. It seems the area is suffering through what other communities go through when the the "hidden gem-ness" factor loses the hidden part. Regardless, I think I'll put it on the map for a future motorcycle ride to enjoy the raspberries.Whoops_imp said:I have explored Utah extensively over the years and Bear Lake is a bit of a hidden gem, or used to be. I have been to Bear Lake many times. The first when I was about 8 for a Boy Scout camp. I got my lifesaving merit badge swimming in that lake while there was still ice floating during the spring thaw. It's a beautiful lake surrounded by a desert scrub. It's unusually tropical looking; a surreal blue due to the calcium carbonate in the water. The surrounding communities seem to be undergoing a gentrification (read turning into a resort town ala Jackson Hole) that is driving out people that have lived there for generations. Property values are rising rapidly in the name of second homes for out of state residents that don't stay around during the winter. As such the economy is undergoing a transition to a service industry based economy that mainly operates in the summer. That's ironic because in so doing, it is loosing the local flavor everyone presumably moved there for in the first place.pdedse_imp said:Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...Whoops_imp said:Sure. Looking West from the side of the road here...pdedse_imp said:Whoops! That's a cool photo. Care to divulge location?
Google Maps
There is actually and you can see the road in the top left of the picture going up the side of the mountain. The road that runs West (N Ogden Canyon Rd) from those coordinates passes over those mountains that you see in the background. It's a bit twisty, but not extremely so. It does however have a very steep climb and then descent on the other side of the mountain.GoldOxide_imp said:Reminds me of a sort of "harvest valley".
Too bad a twisty doesn't wind through it?
Google Maps
...
Thanks! I rode and drove through Utah a few times, such a beautiful state. I wouldn't mind seeing more photos of your CB1100 out in the wilds, so to speak.
Your map got me exploring the area a bit. Zooming in and out, I'm drawn to bodies of water. I see Bear Lake in the NE corner. I've never even heard of it, but it looks cool from the satelite view. Ever been there?
On the bright side, the region is also known for some of the best tasting and coveted raspberries due to the cold nights and warm days. They have a very strong raspberry flavor and are a bit on the tart side. They make incredible tasting raspberry jam.