Fall 2023 photos?

Well folks, it's been absolutely beautiful weather here in Western North Carolina, and so I arranged with a friend to do a short (105 mile) ride up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway to see if I could find a few photos worthy of this thread. Believe me, the colors in the pics just aren't nearly as vivid as in person. I think this year's color display is among the best since I've lived here! So here are a few from the Parkway this morning:

4e6af31625d110765b9b4d5541101042.jpg


c79c71b114ff7e85fb4d96f8e9bd6f40.jpg


53fa144f788ee1369d0ac7e2991444f2.jpg


30afa07c4a85af5d02d9d705edcf45dc.jpg


Here are is a shot from yesterday: Mt. Mitchell in the background from about 35 miles away:

a63806ed8b92e9e385ac7a46a548e406.jpg


Finally, my companion for yesterday's leaf watching:

7848d8d0f8cbd7938890e93df5accc60.jpg


So, I hope you enjoy, but most of all, I hope you can plan a getaway this weekend to WNC -- Fall Colors are really peak, and this weekend will see temps in the mid 70's to low 80's!
 
Beautiful A Man

today I found some interesting shots

A yellow tunnel

028981eb12c11ed858fa9e73ba2f1279.jpg


and a Fire Bush in the process of turning from green to bright red

cb0c844149145e2996759245a4c4b102.jpg
 
The A-man_imp said:
Well folks, it's been absolutely beautiful weather here in Western North Carolina, and so I arranged with a friend to do a short (105 mile) ride up onto the Blue Ridge Parkway to see if I could find a few photos worthy of this thread. Believe me, the colors in the pics just aren't nearly as vivid as in person. I think this year's color display is among the best since I've lived here! So here are a few from the Parkway this morning:

4e6af31625d110765b9b4d5541101042.jpg


c79c71b114ff7e85fb4d96f8e9bd6f40.jpg


53fa144f788ee1369d0ac7e2991444f2.jpg


30afa07c4a85af5d02d9d705edcf45dc.jpg


Here are is a shot from yesterday: Mt. Mitchell in the background from about 35 miles away:

a63806ed8b92e9e385ac7a46a548e406.jpg


Finally, my companion for yesterday's leaf watching:

7848d8d0f8cbd7938890e93df5accc60.jpg


So, I hope you enjoy, but most of all, I hope you can plan a getaway this weekend to WNC -- Fall Colors are really peak, and this weekend will see temps in the mid 70's to low 80's!
That is very swell to see A-man - and very nice to see you drop in for a visit!

Take care :thumbsup:
 
3rd_Gear_Steve_imp said:
After work on Tuesday, I made a couple-hour detour on my way home to enjoy the beautiful day and autumn colors. I have to go near 100 miles before I escape the grid of straight county roads, so it’s hard to have much fun; but the rural land out east of Cleveland is pretty this time of year! The downside is that the roads without commute traffic have a 45 mph limit and stop signs.

I headed out toward Burton and let my eye be my guide, wandering down whichever roads looked nice and empty. It was quite a nice, relaxed afternoon. I sadly forgot my camera that morning, so all I have to offer from the ride was one photo in a park I stopped at.

03be8cf31e417fae027e56ae972ca2c9.jpg
What is that about, Steve?
 
Thread starter
Awesome-Man! And The Ferret and PB have some lovely "narrow-lane" shots with the golden going on. Today was the first day I felt the cold numb my fingers a bit, a sure sign of winter just around the corner.

But fall is still with us in the northwest. I've been riding the CB plenty this week, just wasn't on the lookout for fall photos.

The W800 today...trying to find "not ridden yet by me roads" on the way home from work. They are getting harder to come by.

942a2f7f87ba42236ab3e80315daa2da.jpg
 
pdedse_imp said:
Awesome-Man! And The Ferret and PB have some lovely "narrow-lane" shots with the golden going on. Today was the first day I felt the cold numb my fingers a bit, a sure sign of winter just around the corner.

But fall is still with us in the northwest. I've been riding the CB plenty this week, just wasn't on the lookout for fall photos.

The W800 today...trying to find "not ridden yet by me roads" on the way home from work. They are getting harder to come by.

942a2f7f87ba42236ab3e80315daa2da.jpg
The image background is reminiscent of perhaps a 1960s "Technicolor" western movie where the field appears far and has deep contrast.
 
To anyone who says we don't have a changing of the leaves here in California, I submit evidence that we do. This tree is clearly having its leaves changed. Perhaps they were fading or were not providing good reception.


My neighbor's balcony ledge is further proof.
 
Ours look like palm trees if they're out in the desert or in neighborhoods that have palm trees. They look like generic trees in other areas.

Don't know why they bother, but at least they're making an effort to make them "blend in", I guess.
The most fall-like thing I could show you is over the right ledge of the overpass I'm on where that cell tower tree is. There's a farm field down below that does a "pick your own" thing. Strawberries, sunflowers, and in fall, pumpkins. I'd have to stop on the overpass and lean over the edge to get a picture of it, but trust me, there's a bunch of pumpkins down there.
 
Back
Top