Fall 2023 photos?

Thread starter
That's funny about the cel tower to tree disguise. One got me once here in Oregon as I was riding through a forest. Saw a very strange looking tree, even backtracked to snap a photo of it and only then did I realize what it was.

Beautiful 50f day and time to ride in the afternoon. Seems I always ride east and south, or south and east, mainly because it's fine country / forest riding and that way I can stay clear of Portland traffic.

But there is one road that draws me west from time to time: the Wilsonville Rd going west of the town with the same name, south of Portland. It's on the north side of the Williamette river. Hazelnut tree farms, horse ranches and other small farms make for wonderful fall riding.

bdb24ed06513aec34f7f4516041fe08e.jpg


Not necessarily a fall photo...St. Paul Cathedral in...St. Paul, small town of less than 500.
4a46e156db627f28433d9909821c985d.jpg


Leaves just starting to turn
1d5ec72cfa29562c2cc2cbdf34acda25.jpg


The I-5 corrirdor is "bleh" but on both side there are many country roads that are a joy to ride, leaves contantly coming at you as you motor along the roads. Did a 115 mile circle route. And just after crossing back over to the east side of I-5, traffic stacked up in Woodburn for 10 minutes. Kind of tortuous to sit there after you just ride through idyllic rural roads, and just a mile ahead you know more such roads away you.

6cf7ae3d04fac01b37c97d4dca9f5ddc.jpg


But once free and clear, more forests and fall colors
1446595aaea63327b907fb56ecaa98af.jpg


Weather app says no rain and mainly 55 degree days till middle of next week.

:biker:.....:biker:....:biker:......:cool:
 
OMG, Gone you are the best!!!


Nachodaddy_imp said:
:rofl:
Gone, we have a lot of those, too, but they are designed to look like palm trees, so no changing colors.
:cool:

^^ +2 ^^ :rofl:
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: oooh ahhhhh
^^ +3 ^^ :rofl:
 
pdedse_imp said:
That's funny about the cel tower to tree disguise. One got me once here in Oregon as I was riding through a forest. Saw a very strange looking tree, even backtracked to snap a photo of it and only then did I realize what it was.

Beautiful 50f day and time to ride in the afternoon. Seems I always ride east and south, or south and east, mainly because it's fine country / forest riding and that way I can stay clear of Portland traffic.

But there is one road that draws me west from time to time: the Wilsonville Rd going west of the town with the same name, south of Portland. It's on the north side of the Williamette river. Hazelnut tree farms, horse ranches and other small farms make for wonderful fall riding.

bdb24ed06513aec34f7f4516041fe08e.jpg


Not necessarily a fall photo...St. Paul Cathedral in...St. Paul, small town of less than 500.
4a46e156db627f28433d9909821c985d.jpg


Leaves just starting to turn
1d5ec72cfa29562c2cc2cbdf34acda25.jpg


The I-5 corrirdor is "bleh" but on both side there are many country roads that are a joy to ride, leaves contantly coming at you as you motor along the roads. Did a 115 mile circle route. And just after crossing back over to the east side of I-5, traffic stacked up in Woodburn for 10 minutes. Kind of tortuous to sit there after you just ride through idyllic rural roads, and just a mile ahead you know more such roads away you.

6cf7ae3d04fac01b37c97d4dca9f5ddc.jpg


But once free and clear, more forests and fall colors
1446595aaea63327b907fb56ecaa98af.jpg


Weather app says no rain and mainly 55 degree days till middle of next week.

:biker:.....:biker:....:biker:......:cool:
I like this, pdedse.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
That's funny about the cel tower to tree disguise. One got me once here in Oregon as I was riding through a forest. Saw a very strange looking tree, even backtracked to snap a photo of it and only then did I realize what it was.

Beautiful 50f day and time to ride in the afternoon. Seems I always ride east and south, or south and east, mainly because it's fine country / forest riding and that way I can stay clear of Portland traffic.

But there is one road that draws me west from time to time: the Wilsonville Rd going west of the town with the same name, south of Portland. It's on the north side of the Williamette river. Hazelnut tree farms, horse ranches and other small farms make for wonderful fall riding.

bdb24ed06513aec34f7f4516041fe08e.jpg


Not necessarily a fall photo...St. Paul Cathedral in...St. Paul, small town of less than 500.
4a46e156db627f28433d9909821c985d.jpg


Leaves just starting to turn
1d5ec72cfa29562c2cc2cbdf34acda25.jpg


The I-5 corrirdor is "bleh" but on both side there are many country roads that are a joy to ride, leaves contantly coming at you as you motor along the roads. Did a 115 mile circle route. And just after crossing back over to the east side of I-5, traffic stacked up in Woodburn for 10 minutes. Kind of tortuous to sit there after you just ride through idyllic rural roads, and just a mile ahead you know more such roads away you.

6cf7ae3d04fac01b37c97d4dca9f5ddc.jpg


But once free and clear, more forests and fall colors
1446595aaea63327b907fb56ecaa98af.jpg


Weather app says no rain and mainly 55 degree days till middle of next week.

:biker:.....:biker:....:biker:......:cool:
I like this, pdedse.
I like this, pdedse.
What, the blue not-so-smiley face?
 
Yeah… what happened to you in Hubbard? Something we can’t talk about here?
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah… what happened to you in Hubbard? Something we can’t talk about here?
Oh, the Hubbardites are well known for their lack of courtesy. : )

The squiggly line and blue frustrated smiley was the area of a 10 minute, traffic stopped / 2-3 mph hour section. You're used to that...but we can't lane-split / feather forward.

GO...been a while since I've seen your AT...it looks great wrapped up against the red autumn leaves. How long have you ad it now? Overall, a good purchase? I was semi-considering post KLR650, but went with the cheaper DR650.
 
Thread starter
Another stellar fall day, 55 degrees and blustery...if there were clouds, they could've been counted on one hand.

Started the morning off by bleeding / flushing the W800's brakes. It needed it since the bike sat at the dealership 2.5 years before I bought it. Mightyvac made the job easy-peasy--not often the case for me. The old fluid was looking dark amber. New fluid through, cleaned up and was on the road by noon thirty.

Lots of folks visit Crown Point on the Historic hiway 30 which overlooks I-84 that hugs the Columbian River. Then you can continue on 30 out to Multnomah Falls. But there are fun rides south of where one veers left (blue) to go to the lookout. Stay on Larch Mountain Rd and then right at Louden and you can do a loop back to Corbett. One can also follow the Sandy River and ride out to the town of Sandy. Which is what I did today. Spectacular riding.

794a89f9245dc97fccec54431df06deb.jpg


Lots of golden views today, but just a few:
dde161d06a4a0e598db73df02e0907ca.jpg


a5106dce9d3d777cb569375c3c35544f.jpg


b6b089824a41e8fc32cc29f16c6d77b2.jpg


65 miles. The W800 feels perfect out on a day like today. Actually...any bike would.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah… what happened to you in Hubbard? Something we can’t talk about here?
Oh, the Hubbardites are well known for their lack of courtesy. : )

The squiggly line and blue frustrated smiley was the area of a 10 minute, traffic stopped / 2-3 mph hour section. You're used to that...but we can't lane-split / feather forward.

GO...been a while since I've seen your AT...it looks great wrapped up against the red autumn leaves. How long have you ad it now? Overall, a good purchase? I was semi-considering post KLR650, but went with the cheaper DR650.
Thanks Nach, PB. Of course, the red is redder than the photo reveals.

You are reading that correctly pdedse. The Africa Twin only got ridden twice this week, and the V85TT more often. The only reason the AT got action today was because I tweaked the V85TT and wanted to leave it alone to "set".

In reality, the V85TT really makes me like the AT, and the AT makes me really like the V85TT. So, I have an illness. The AT available power is refined, smooth, very quick while the lump is under-stressed. The V85TT is slow, missing a few ponies, but sounds great, has superior handling and is downright comfortable. It is hard to ride the AT casually, but the V85TT it is just bliss to do so.

I've had the AT for almost four years. The 2019 standard model with DCT has been a real treat to me with no issues. Others have not been so lucky, but mostly affecting the Adventure Sport trim line model. In 2020 Honda changed a lot things. It seems things have again stabilized with the 2022 model onward. In 2019, I would buy the 2019 model again. If I had none today, and knowing what I know, I'd probably be sucked up into the Guzzi V100.
 
Thread starter
The rains return by Wednesday of this week coming up. Today seemed a likely last day to get up into any sort of elevation. Took Barlow Road to Lolo Pass, which allows one to avoid Hiway 26 heading towards Mt. Hood...and take in some nice fall foilage...

Sam Barlow Road
627314d95a6a9dabfe92763be1fa802c.jpg


Lolo Pass allows one to view Mt. Hood up close from the west side. Wish it were possible for a photo w/out the wires, but they are there, so...
a14fbb968638ec0cf5743c919873ace9.jpg


Close up without the wires...by Thursday fall will give way to winter completely up here and there will be no exposed rock till June-ish:
7d3ad1fad07bf53a5a2c88a063895abf.jpg


But not yet, not today...
0063333be4982228ffa4719f5dbea404.jpg


87ae479e640e8e725e1758a654eb81f8.jpg


Side case hand warmers!
9da0161d9729fe632169500e4f817135.jpg
 
Has to be satisfying to ride in the solitude out there with beauty all around.

Weve had inches of rain for the last few days, but I think tonight and tomorrow morning is the last of it for awhile, then the temps drop
 
Yeah, the good ol' hand warmers from the lump.

You know summer is long gone when you can do that with your bare hands (almost). In any case, it can't be done during the summer.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Has to be satisfying to ride in the solitude out there with beauty all around.

Weve had inches of rain for the last few days, but I think tonight and tomorrow morning is the last of it for awhile, then the temps drop
Very. The satelite map (can be enlarged) shows nicely the forested areas east of Gresham. The red line after the town of Sandy goes for about 25 miles along Barlow Trail Rd, and then left on Lolo Pass to where I stopped for the Mt. Hood photos. During the 50 miles there and back to Sandy, maybe 5 cars total came opposite direction; I didn't overtake any. 99.9% of east/west bound traffic will be on hiway 26.

0f954114847f410b35ffc357929f806f.jpg



The ferret_imp said:
Has to be satisfying to ride in the solitude out there with beauty all around.

Weve had inches of rain for the last few days, but I think tonight and tomorrow morning is the last of it for awhile, then the temps drop
Brrrr...
 
Thread starter
MMC_imp said:
Finally made it to my month on the calendar. Does this count for a "Fall pic"?
Lol
abb2251ecae4803a2bba49b4017c140d.jpg


Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
It counts! Fun to see one's bike on the calendar, very nice.

I think I'll post my final fall fotos for 2023. We got a lucky "between-the-rains", 60 degree day...so pleasant to ride.

Our dwarf maple in the back yard is on fire. The red CB1100 would blend in too much, so the W800 makes for a nice contrast.
c93b6fb14dd866bf45f1c9bd28dd7e7c.jpg


I didn't notice till recently that the "W" on the tank badge is set against a red background.
73e522de06185afd23987a8b413eb345.jpg


Not sure how I feel about that.

Better to have the CB1100 in my final fall photo...
6ef44c96150eddbc8492272f53f0bacb.jpg
 
pdedse_imp said:
MMC_imp said:
Finally made it to my month on the calendar. Does this count for a "Fall pic"?
Lol
abb2251ecae4803a2bba49b4017c140d.jpg


Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
It counts! Fun to see one's bike on the calendar, very nice.

I think I'll post my final fall fotos for 2023. We got a lucky "between-the-rains", 60 degree day...so pleasant to ride.

Our dwarf maple in the back yard is on fire. The red CB1100 would blend in too much, so the W800 makes for a nice contrast.
c93b6fb14dd866bf45f1c9bd28dd7e7c.jpg


I didn't notice till recently that the "W" on the tank badge is set against a red background.
73e522de06185afd23987a8b413eb345.jpg


Not sure how I feel about that.

Better to have the CB1100 in my final fall photo...
6ef44c96150eddbc8492272f53f0bacb.jpg
Sweetness, pdedse.
 
Back
Top