Fall 2023 photos?

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
I was looking back at some "fall threads", several are from a number of years back, some with non-viewable photos.

Anybody up for a "Fall, 2023 CB1100 centered photo thread"? This might mean pretty leaves in the northern hemisphere, or maybe fall conjures up other images in the southern half. No matter, upload a recent shot if you find something that says "fall" with your CB1100 (or other ride). Add a story if you like.

This twisty road leading up to my neighborhood is a local favorite for senior high school photo shoots, models-in-the-making glamour shots, even some "just married" couples.

014b08841512b93046837b9019f857e7.jpg
 
Sure I'm game, but we won't be into much color for another 2 weeks.

Nice pic pdedse
 
... our southern Ontario red leaves seen in rural rides appear somewhat "coppered" in colour this year.

May have sumthin' to do with the forest fire smoke earlier in the year.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Kinda "pinkish" colour this year?

Quite nice pdedse.
The photo is fairly true to life with the pinkish leaves. Not sure if it's sugar maple, or autumn blaze red maple...something maple.
 
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Kinda "pinkish" colour this year?

Quite nice pdedse.
The photo is fairly true to life with the pinkish leaves. Not sure if it's sugar maple, or autumn blaze red maple...something maple.
The photo is fairly true to life with the pinkish leaves. Not sure if it's sugar maple, or autumn blaze red maple...something maple.
Yeah, the colour is quite pleasant.
 
It is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I'd have to go several hours north to see anything like that, I think.
 
pdedse_imp said:
I was looking back at some "fall threads", several are from a number of years back, some with non-viewable photos.

Anybody up for a "Fall, 2023 CB1100 centered photo thread"? This might mean pretty leaves in the northern hemisphere, or maybe fall conjures up other images in the southern half. No matter, upload a recent shot if you find something that says "fall" with your CB1100 (or other ride). Add a story if you like.

This twisty road leading up to my neighborhood is a local favorite for senior high school photo shoots, models-in-the-making glamour shots, even some "just married" couples.

014b08841512b93046837b9019f857e7.jpg
Real pretty photo image, Pdedse.
 
Our leaves are starting to turn but we are still a couple weeks away from peak I would say

3f94771025189ce5eab1473943bb982d.jpg


146924539f9f843b1c8c288185b118a5.jpg
 
Thread starter
Nice, The ferret (I like using your full name)... for me, fall is a special time of the year to ride motorcycles--not only for the changing colors, but because there's nothing like gliding through patches of trees with the leaves falling all around you. You do have to be a little careful after the rains with wet leaves on the pavement. But going for a wonderful fall ride makes me feel like a squirrel accumulating nuts for the winter. I know the opportunities to ride are dwindling with the long stretches of cold rains on the horizon, so it's time to "stock-up" on the rides.

In that light, went for a sublime ride of a 45 miles on the W800, 70 degrees, mostly sunny, and found what I was looking for...

7567eeb42b89d9fba88228702bb52125.jpg


ad4d5aaa942c3cadb8d31b89c2711dff.jpg
 
Wow, very pretty! I saw a little bit of change starting to take place traveling between Indiana and Kentucky a few weeks ago. But, back home, we’re just going from green, to brown, to on-the-ground.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Nice, The ferret (I like using your full name)... for me, fall is a special time of the year to ride motorcycles--not only for the changing colors, but because there's nothing like gliding through patches of trees with the leaves falling all around you. You do have to be a little careful after the rains with wet leaves on the pavement. But going for a wonderful fall ride makes me feel like a squirrel accumulating nuts for the winter. I know the opportunities to ride are dwindling with the long stretches of cold rains on the horizon, so it's time to "stock-up" on the rides.

In that light, went for a sublime ride of a 45 miles on the W800, 70 degrees, mostly sunny, and found what I was looking for...

7567eeb42b89d9fba88228702bb52125.jpg


ad4d5aaa942c3cadb8d31b89c2711dff.jpg
Really nice pics.

Yea we are down to 15 days until I'm the only motorcycle on the road. Nov 1st is when all the Ohio riders put their bikes up for winter until the first week of May lol.
 
North Down Under, November to May is the cyclone season. One of those will clear the leaves off.
 
From today's early morning 66 mile ride @ 44 degrees

view leaving the house this morning

173ee43bae59d964d773ec895c9697a6.jpg


leaves are turning nicely, with lots of yellows, oranges and reds beginning to show up, to go along with the greens. Peak is still 2 weeks away I would think

15e7d6954749d36e1708c15433e2631d.jpg


5a150e8429e2de0a13471b7f9ca9745f.jpg
 
Thread starter
Getting a little chilly for you at 44 degrees...pretty! The fog is cool. And the colors beyond the river--that green/orange/yellow/red mix with water in front. Very nice.

The other afternoon I was out on the W800 and noticed this TP of wood waiting for burn day. Would love to see when they light it up. Nothing says fall more (except colorful leaves) in my area than the smell of country folk doing burns on their acreage.

95479b84fc2359ae3d23b5a95e30461e.jpg
 
Yea had my electrics going this morning, jacket liner (maybe 50%) and grips (30%)
 
Very grey sky here and gusty, but as on other cool riding days, the V85TT handles the wind well.

Colours are similar to here in southern Ontario with some reds really popping even without the sunshine.

Looks like other riders are queening up as cold settles in. The extension to the riding season is well on its way.
 
Back
Top