Fairing and Fork Boots

garysieben_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter


Installed Puig naked fairing and Kawi 650 Fork Boots...fairing takes just enough air off my chest.
Continental Conti-Go's work real well out to the edges.
:biker:
 
Looking good Gary! Gaiters really set it off.
 
Nice job and a nice look. Your bike looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last year I finally got around to doing the same thing, only I used Triumph gaiters as they were easier to get around here.
I went for the Marlin screen and it works great for me since I'm short.
Now I'm just waiting for some decent spring weather up here in the far northeast. Probably not a worry for you way down there.

 
Rocky_imp said:
Nice job and a nice look. Your bike looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last year I finally got around to doing the same thing, only I used Triumph gaiters as they were easier to get around here.
I went for the Marlin screen and it works great for me since I'm short.
Now I'm just waiting for some decent spring weather up here in the far northeast. Probably not a worry for you way down there.
So familiar lookin' ...



Today is oil change day.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Nice job and a nice look. Your bike looks great :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last year I finally got around to doing the same thing, only I used Triumph gaiters as they were easier to get around here.
I went for the Marlin screen and it works great for me since I'm short.
Now I'm just waiting for some decent spring weather up here in the far northeast. Probably not a worry for you way down there.
So familiar lookin' ...



Today is oil change day.
So familiar lookin' ...



Today is oil change day.
I do seem to see a family resemblance :D :D :D :D :D
 
Frulk_imp said:
Good looking bikes all around...Strong Work Gentlemen!
Thank you Frulk.



I would like to add that the headers I cleaned up, mentioned last week (?) in a post, are shown in the photo. I used Yoshimura STAIN-Magic. Total time was just under an hour.
 
And very shiny they are too. Good work..
 
Cormanus_imp said:
And very shiny they are too. Good work..
Thanks Cormanus.

You know I am on "the other side" of toned headers. :-/ I can't quite let it go, ... yet.

In the meantime, it looks great! :)

- - -

Nobody commented on the RLETs. They managed to hang-on throughout the long dire winter that just passed.
 
Haggard,

When I was younger I spent hours and hours 'DETAILING' my cars. Crazy stuff like dipping Q-tips into Armor All and polishing the vent louvers.

These days I 'CLEAN' them (but not to that extent). My headers have a tarnished bronze look that lets people know I ride the CB more than I 'detail' it. I'm OK with that.

However, if I ever find somebody that comes highly recommended and does bike 'detailing' on my carport I'll drop the money to have it done.
 
I had a cat once. It used to stand in a puddle and lift its right front foot and lick it clean and dry. Then it would put it back and the puddle and repeat the process with its left front foot. And again with its left rear foot. And again with its right rear foot. Then it would lift its right front foot, see a drip fall of it and look thoroughly perplexed as if saying, ‘but I’ve dried you already’.

So it is with trying to keep the headers clean on a 2010-2016 standard CB1100.
 
Haggard Rider_imp said:
My headers are now back to where they were before cleaning them such a short while ago.

Think I'll be a tad more circumspect in future.

Ho hum.
Cormanus_imp said:
I had a cat once. It used to stand in a puddle and lift its right front foot and lick it clean and dry. Then it would put it back and the puddle and repeat the process with its left front foot. And again with its left rear foot. And again with its right rear foot. Then it would lift its right front foot, see a drip fall of it and look thoroughly perplexed as if saying, ‘but I’ve dried you already’.

So it is with trying to keep the headers clean on a 2010-2016 standard CB1100.
Cute story Cormanus.

Maybe something in the water?

My headers stay clean for about 12 months. If it was much less, I would have a new chrome exhaust system already, or sold the CB. I have no patience cleaning something that has no staying power.

Alternatively, I tap into the power of Cormanus and look away.
 
I’m not actually a big cat fan, but I’d be surprised if many of them were overwhelmed by Foster’s Lager.
 
GO, I’m pretty sure Fosters isn’t thought of very highly in Aussieland.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
GO, I’m pretty sure Fosters isn’t thought of very highly in Aussieland.
Foster's? I haven't had a pint of that since the '80s when Canadians were lead to believe as being the most popular lager Down Under ... probably riding on the "Crocodile Dundee" hype of the time. :) I actually don't know what Australians think of Fosters Lager. I find many countries of popular brews tend to put down their product as, " ... if they are dumb enough to import it, we'll export it!".
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Haggard Rider_imp said:
My headers are now back to where they were before cleaning them such a short while ago.

Think I'll be a tad more circumspect in future.

Ho hum.
Cormanus_imp said:
I had a cat once. It used to stand in a puddle and lift its right front foot and lick it clean and dry. Then it would put it back and the puddle and repeat the process with its left front foot. And again with its left rear foot. And again with its right rear foot. Then it would lift its right front foot, see a drip fall of it and look thoroughly perplexed as if saying, ‘but I’ve dried you already’.

So it is with trying to keep the headers clean on a 2010-2016 standard CB1100.
Cute story Cormanus.

Maybe something in the water?

My headers stay clean for about 12 months. If it was much less, I would have a new chrome exhaust system already, or sold the CB. I have no patience cleaning something that has no staying power.

Alternatively, I tap into the power of Cormanus and look away.
My headers stay clean for about 12 months. .........
GO, how many kms did you clock within this 12 month period ?
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Haggard Rider_imp said:
My headers are now back to where they were before cleaning them such a short while ago.

Think I'll be a tad more circumspect in future.

Ho hum.
Cormanus_imp said:
I had a cat once. It used to stand in a puddle and lift its right front foot and lick it clean and dry. Then it would put it back and the puddle and repeat the process with its left front foot. And again with its left rear foot. And again with its right rear foot. Then it would lift its right front foot, see a drip fall of it and look thoroughly perplexed as if saying, ‘but I’ve dried you already’.

So it is with trying to keep the headers clean on a 2010-2016 standard CB1100.
Cute story Cormanus.

Maybe something in the water?

My headers stay clean for about 12 months. If it was much less, I would have a new chrome exhaust system already, or sold the CB. I have no patience cleaning something that has no staying power.

Alternatively, I tap into the power of Cormanus and look away.
My headers stay clean for about 12 months. .........
GO, how many kms did you clock within this 12 month period ?
My headers stay clean for about 12 months. .........
GO, how many kms did you clock within this 12 month period ?
Not more than 6000.

I will add that puddles containing road salt appear to wreak the worse on the pipes. Sometimes during the summer, puddles containing "whatever weird contaminants" bring other surprises.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Haggard Rider_imp said:
My headers are now back to where they were before cleaning them such a short while ago.

Think I'll be a tad more circumspect in future.

Ho hum.
Cormanus_imp said:
I had a cat once. It used to stand in a puddle and lift its right front foot and lick it clean and dry. Then it would put it back and the puddle and repeat the process with its left front foot. And again with its left rear foot. And again with its right rear foot. Then it would lift its right front foot, see a drip fall of it and look thoroughly perplexed as if saying, ‘but I’ve dried you already’.

So it is with trying to keep the headers clean on a 2010-2016 standard CB1100.
Cute story Cormanus.

Maybe something in the water?

My headers stay clean for about 12 months. If it was much less, I would have a new chrome exhaust system already, or sold the CB. I have no patience cleaning something that has no staying power.

Alternatively, I tap into the power of Cormanus and look away.
My headers stay clean for about 12 months. .........
GO, how many kms did you clock within this 12 month period ?
My headers stay clean for about 12 months. .........
GO, how many kms did you clock within this 12 month period ?
Not more than 6000.

I will add that puddles containing road salt appear to wreak the worse on the pipes. Sometimes during the summer, puddles containing "whatever weird contaminants" bring other surprises.
My headers stay clean for about 12 months. .........
GO, how many kms did you clock within this 12 month period ?
Not more than 6000.

I will add that puddles containing road salt appear to wreak the worse on the pipes. Sometimes during the summer, puddles containing "whatever weird contaminants" bring other surprises.
With this kms and probably local riding + your cleaning effort = shiny pipes almost forever, good work GO:thumbsup:
:cool:
 
Back
Top