Factory Tool kit

coach50_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Since bike is resting comfortably in heated warehouse, just got around to to looking at the factory supplied tool kit. The little pouch contains a screwdriver, allen wrench, and a fuse puller. No spark plug socket, or shock pre-load adjuster spanner.

Is this it? :huh:

:beerchug:
 
That's all mine came with and I think that's true of many here.
My dealership went back to Honda about it and all the other tools were supplied free of charge.
 
In Canada you are supposed to get the entire kit. In the US you don't.
 
Chapomis_imp said:
That's it....maybe we should recommend to Honda that they include some ignition switch lube ?

:rofl:
 
coach50_imp said:
Since bike is resting comfortably in heated warehouse, just got around to to looking at the factory supplied tool kit. The little pouch contains a screwdriver, allen wrench, and a fuse puller. No spark plug socket, or shock pre-load adjuster spanner.

Is this it? :huh:

:beerchug:
That's it. This was the first new bike I'd bought that didn't come with a basic tool kit.

Fortunately, you can order the proper kit by part number. This thread lists the individual part numbers for the kit. As I recall, I spent around $50 for mine.

Factory Tool Kit
 
Just for info, this is the kit that was included with the Australian '10 model.

731b34fa4e7cdc92bdd17db6fcf464b7.jpg


Cheers
 
It's one of those mysteries of the universe, like always finding bits of blue and white china when you dig in the garden, that Honda wouldn't include the full tool kit in the US.
 
You Aussies got better tool kits than the Canadian ones. Having the wrenches for the rear axle nut would actually be a plus for long trips where the chain needs adjusting.
 
That's even more bizarre. Why doesn't Honda just make a toolkit that goes with the bike. Like handlebars.
 
I was surprised at the lack of toolkit with my DLX. Every other new Honda I've bought had a useful set of tools.

So, I wrote down all the part numbers and put this list on my "want" list. When last Christmas came around, I handed my wife the list and she contacted my dealer. Tools for Christmas makes a great gift.

A great Christmas present; better than a tie or underwear.
 
kmoney_imp said:
You Aussies got better tool kits than the Canadian ones. Having the wrenches for the rear axle nut would actually be a plus for long trips where the chain needs adjusting.
I'll bet you anything that that axle nut wrench won't do squat for you, except damage that big ol' nut, assuming you can even put any leverage on the extension to rotate the nut. I've seen too many fails w/ this under real world application.

I use this tool from Motion Pro for loosening/tightening the rear axle nut on my other bikes. I need to find out what the nut size is on the CB1100 so I can order me one .
Axle nut wrench
 
Tell us more about your small compressor. Did it originally have an enclosed case, and you gutted it out?
What brand is that?
 
Yep Campbell-Hausfeld mini air compressor. Think I originally got it at Walmart for about $12. Originally came in big yellow case. I gutted it and put on some alligator clips and cut off the cooling fan blade. I use gummy worms that don't require any glue. I have plugged many tires for people with this set up incl myself and my son. Plugged a brand new tire on my 2000 750 Nighthawk that picked up a nail in the tread and rode on that tire for 10,000 miles.

Here's an article on how to do it.

Motorcycle Tire Air Pump - webBikeWorld

and an interesting comparison by our friends at RoadRunner magazine

http://www.roadrunner.travel/2015/01/01/buyers-guide-motorcycle-tire-pumps/
 
Jedd, on the '13 the nut is 32mm and on the '14 it is 27mm. I don't know/remember the axle head size.
 
Afaik the torque of the rear axle nut is about 108 Nm. That's quite tough. I wouldn't try to open this with these toy tools. :P
 
Yes, 108Nm is 79.656712121916 ft lbs according to the converter, or, 80ft lbs in the '13 manual. My torque wrench won't read 79.656712121916 :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Jedd, on the '13 the nut is 32mm and on the '14 it is 27mm. I don't know/remember the axle head size.

22 on the 14 have to look it up for the 13
And I believe spec on tightening on the 14 is 65 ft lbs or there abouts.

The spec on my FZ1 was 108 ft lbs for the axle nut and I did that with these toy tools...at least loosening. I couldn't get it to 108 on tightening but I got it "good and tight" . Couldn't have measured it on a trip anyway since I don't pack a large torque wrench, no matter the quality of the socket and breaker bar you are carrying. Truth is I only tightened it to 90 ft lbs WITH a torque wrench and that was godawfully tight. Never understood that high spec on the FZ.

These tools IMO are for emergencies on the road, not for common maintenance.
 
Back
Top