Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi Popgun,Lord Popgun_imp said:Guth,
I got tired of waiting for the rack to come in, and with bad weather on the way I took delivery of my bike yesterday. That thing is sweet.
And the rack came in today so I picked it up and installed it a short while ago. There are no instructions, but I did what the guy on the UK board did. A ball end allen wrench makes it easier by the turn signals.
The rack is a quality made product, heavy chrome plated tube steel. I forgot to weigh it, but its hefty. It fits perfectly and tightly. Once the 4 screws are tightened down it becomes one with the machine. Its rated for 17 pounds, but I could almost lift the rear end of bike with it. I didn't as I didn't want it fall off the center stand.
It has 4 predrilled tabs for mounting a top box. I could do without them, but they do make for some interesting options. In my case you cannot see them as I put my Cannondale bicycle "cooler" bag/box, on it. It doesn't look bad and like when on the scooter, is perfect for what I use it for. Maybe I'll find something better in the future.
Next may be a windscreen, or, when the mount is available, a set of Hepco and Becker Junior side cases. The distributor in Va. said about 30 days for the mount. I did order the "clock covers" as those Brits call them. I'm not doing the headlight case.
I'll have to make sure the H&B mount will fit with the Honda rack on there in case the use some of the same mount points.
I don't have a photo hosting account and don't feel like messing with learning that tonight. I tried to post them as thumbnails and had some kind of error.Str8six_imp said:Popgun, any chance you can post a pick of the cannondale cooler bag of which you speak?
Mine came in yesterday. Not too hard to install, but the advice to attach the front (loosely) first is a good one. The rear ones take some fiddling to get set up with the spacers -- and watch out for the metal plates that hold the turn signal wires. One side stayed in place but the other slipped out and I did not notice it until I had snugged all the bolts. Cost me an additional 15 minutes or so.Guth_imp said:I must admit, the factory tail rack looks pretty nice. How do those of you who own them like them? Are they as sturdy as they look?
Agreed, those bolts are the only quality compromise, and should be ss. Still, I suppose they are OK, as they more closely match the rack itself.tjohns14_imp said:I got mine of ebay 252 with free shipping. Installation was easy and looks great. The quality is what you would expect from honda. The only problem i had was the original bolts look like stainless and the bolts that came with the carrier are plated. For 252 the hardware could have been nicer.
Did i miss something? What grips? And why did you remove the bar ends?CA200_imp said:popgun, yup the dealer left the stock bolts and the stock grips and the black bar ends in the "tool box"under the seat.