Factory Service Manual Download ???

markT_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi Folks,

I fancy a bit of light reading before my new bike appears next week.

Are there any links to a pdf manual for the CB1100 that we know of?

Owners Booklet, Factory Service Manual, Assembly & Prep Manual - that kind of thing.

Hopefully someone can point me to something useful.

I have some old Kawasaki ones I can share if that helps anyone.

Thanks
 
There are no downloads. You have to buy the service manual from your dealer or from the official supplier, Helm Inc. Anything else you find on the internet is a copy.
 
Mark, popgun is referring to the workshop manual. You can find knock offs on ebay, but they are copies. On the other hand, Honda has been known to post owner's manuals on the internet in PDF format. That's how I got the book for my bike. I can easily find manuals from 2010 and 2012, but that's it I fear.
 
markT_imp said:
Hi Folks,

I fancy a bit of light reading before my new bike appears next week.

Are there any links to a pdf manual for the CB1100 that we know of?

Owners Booklet, Factory Service Manual, Assembly & Prep Manual - that kind of thing.

Hopefully someone can point me to something useful.

I have some old Kawasaki ones I can share if that helps anyone.

Thanks
I have only found "owner's manual"

Manuales – Honda CDD

select your model, then click on "descarga".

There must be the same in English somewhere.
 
SO, anyone who can read Spanish, try http://www.honda-montesa.es/manuales/manuales2/2017+CB1100.pdf. I can't find a similar function on the UK or US or Canada Honda websites.

The Australian site has some http://about.hondampe.com.au/Owners_Manuals#Road but it's only up to about 2012 (from a cursory glance)

Canada has car owners manuals, but not bikes. It's really very strange in these days of digital publishing.
If anyone is interested in a wiring diagram for the European 2013 CB1100, it can be found here: http://www.hme-tc.be/TRG_LIB/NM2013/CB1100/DOCS/CB1100A_Wiring-Dia.pdf

There's also a visual aid to where electrical things are, http://www.hme-tc.be/TRG_LIB/NM2013/CB1100/DOCS/CB1100A_EngMgt_job-aid.pdf

The manual is here, http://www.hme-tc.be/TRG_LIB/NM2013/CB1100/DOCS/CB1100A_OM_ENG.pdf
 
Thread starter
Thanks Guys
A few interesting things to read up on now :clap:

Does anyone know what the Honda part number is for the factory service manual ??
 
If not the part number is in the back of the owners manual
 
markT_imp said:
Thanks man,
I will have a look and see if I can spot a used one anywhere.
The Service Manual is 1 1/2 inches thick. That would be a somewhat more than "light reading" :rolleyes:

Good idea to look around closer to home. The cost from Helm is not inexpensive and their handling fee is not the shipping cost. Add to their costs currency exchange, courier costs, entry fees and taxes; and the cost of the manual could double in price.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
markT_imp said:
Thanks man,
I will have a look and see if I can spot a used one anywhere.
The Service Manual is 1 1/2 inches thick. That would be a somewhat more than "light reading" :rolleyes:

Good idea to look around closer to home. The cost from Helm is not inexpensive and their handling fee is not the shipping cost. Add to their costs currency exchange, courier costs, entry fees and taxes; and the cost of the manual could double in price.
The Service Manual is 1 1/2 inches thick. That would be a somewhat more than "light reading" :rolleyes:

Good idea to look around closer to home. The cost from Helm is not inexpensive and their handling fee is not the shipping cost. Add to their costs currency exchange, courier costs, entry fees and taxes; and the cost of the manual could double in price.
Unfortunately it's worst, Helm wants more than 200 bucks just for the shipping costs to Europe...
 
I called Helm and asked if their manual covers the 2017 CB1100CA, which is the official model name of the 2017 CB1100EX (I got it off the headstock of my bike) and after several days I got a call back and was told no. So I bought mine here: service-shop-repair-manual.com
It arrived in a few days and although it is velo bound, it is full color and 100% legible down to the smallest detail. It covers my 2017 as well as earlier years. I’m very pleased.
 
apex1_imp said:
I called Helm and asked if their manual covers the 2017 CB1100CA, which is the official model name of the 2017 CB1100EX (I got it off the headstock of my bike) and after several days I got a call back and was told no. So I bought mine here: service-shop-repair-manual.com
It arrived in a few days and although it is velo bound, it is full color and 100% legible down to the smallest detail. It covers my 2017 as well as earlier years. I’m very pleased.
But isn't this store is selling a copy of the original manual, which us sold by helm??? Weird...
 
I recommend buying Honda manuals from Helm or the dealer. The paper is a little heavier and more oil/stain resistant, they are bound which means pages will not tear out easily, and most importantly, the wiring diagram is full color.
I have bought other online manuals and the wiring diagram is in black and white. It's like looking at a map of L.A. without street names.
 
Back
Top