Factory Colors

Steverino_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Are all the 2013-2014 reds the same? For example, will red side covers from a 14 Deluxe match the paint of a 13 Standard?
Thanks
Steve
 
2013= Candy Glory Red
2014= Candy Alizarin Red
 
Steverino_imp said:
Are all the 2013-2014 reds the same? For example, will red side covers from a 14 Deluxe match the paint of a 13 Standard?
Thanks
Steve
The reds are different, but they're so close it's hard to tell. One or two forum members have put '14 side covers on their '13s and you couldn't really tell that they're different, unless you knew already and looked real hard.

Found the thread. Follow this link and scroll to the bottom of the page :

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....538&page=3

Edit : Also see the very last post in the thread for a different '13 wearing '14 DLX covers.
 
I have '14 red side covers on my CB, the color difference; if you see one, can easily be attributed to shadows or something other than color differences.
 
Thread starter
So my 2013 is candy glory red? I am restoring a 79 CBX I guess that means I can just do a paint match off of the tank on the '13. It would be neat to have them be a perfect match.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
2013= Candy Glory Red
2014= Candy Alizarin Red
 
Steverino_imp said:
So my 2013 is candy glory red? I am restoring a 79 CBX I guess that means I can just do a paint match off of the tank on the '13. It would be neat to have them be a perfect match.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
2013= Candy Glory Red
2014= Candy Alizarin Red
Yup. Same color as the CBX. If you get some black side covers for the CB11, it'll be an even better match. :P
 
Back
Top