Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Bheezy, if you're posting photos from a phone regularly your best choice is probably Tapatalk which will host them for you and manage the size as well.Bheezy27403_imp said:I don't own no stinkin IPhone! Droid? can't get mine small enough to post.
It would be so much better if the program gave the user the selection in terms of pixels instead of the file size; an image should never be more than 800 pixels wide for inclusion here, no matter how well it compresses - which depends to a large degree on the content.736cc_imp said:Just email pics saved on iPhone to yourself and when your phone prompts you to what size select under 150 which is max allowed here
It works
Unfortunately, that's just the nature of the plug-in that I installed.Cormanus_imp said:It’s curious to me, rotor, that the forum software resizes pictures hosted externally, but can’t do the same with pictures it stores.
It's been quite a while since I had to dirty my hands with the engineering abomination called MS Windows, (or for that matter, anything in the the straitjacket-friendly Apple product repertoireohiorider_imp said:I'm running an older version of Windows (WIN7.) At the time I 'upgraded' to 7, I googled 'resize jpg files on win7' and came up with a routine that has worked nicely over the past several years. Once it was installed, and I right mouse clicked on one or more JPG files, I was presented with a 'resize' option. By highlighting one or more pics, the routine reduces the pixel count, often from a high of roughly 2.0mb from my Canon point and shoot down to 250-300KB. It also offers the choice of retaining the original high resolution pics, or replacing them with the low res version.
I believe there are similar routines available for newer versions of the Windows operating system.
Merry Xmas!
Bob
but at the time a simple application called "Irfanview" (IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide) was my choice for quick and dirty image manipulation. Does just about everything an amateur photographer needs to do, and nothing more. (btw. "...and.nothing.more..." is a precious software feature most applications are completely missing these days!)Good answer i didn't know only 1 person ran the forum. Also i was able to put together the post with some more effort (the prior post was made mid frustrationg) lol. Has anyone thought of contributing money in elective registration like the ADVrider forum? I for one would be willing to donate some money to keep things going.Stichill_imp said:The operation of this forum is financially supported by one member and the rest of us are using it gratis. Keeping huge image file attachments for every thread would likely require big increases in storage and bandwidth that would add a lot of unnecessary cost.
Personally I don't find it overly burdensome to resize most of my pics to the 1200 x 800 range, upload them to a free hosting site like imgur.com, and then insert them into my posts as image links. For resizing on a PC I use MS Picture Manager like F800GT and on my iPhone I use a free app call Image Size and then upload directly to imgur using the imgur app.