Expensive Thrill

chync_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I’ve put way too much money into my CB to be considered sane but I have to admit I knew that would be the case when I bought it. I realize this isn’t what most choose to do with their CB but none the less apparently I did. Have you ever had a crazy idea and then realized you actually manifest it?

Can’t help anyone with cheap thrills but if you want an expensive one try this:

- upgrade your suspension front and rear (Ohlins and Adreani)
- drop a tooth on the front sprocket
- get a lower resistance exhaust for some deep breathing exercises
- add a high flow air filter and remove the snorkel
- add a power commander and get it tuned by a pro
- put a single sport saddle on it so you can climb around in the thing
- install some braided brake lines and sintered brake pads because at some point you are going to need to cease and desist the fun
- throw on a pair of pazzo shorty levers
- chunk those handlebars for some clip-ons or clubmans to get some weight on the front wheel
- replace the rims with 17” lightweight rims because no one runs fast with lead shoes

And with your last penny get a set of Michelin Power RS tires and hang on for dear life.

Spent 8 hours riding the little monster today on those Michelin’s and it’s definitely the most expensive and most exilerating thrill I’ve had to date.

Seriously. Mission accomplished. I have officially had as much fun if not more than any squid on a super sport bike on an air cooled throwback modern retro that looks right out of the 60’s.

All kidding aside, and I realize few CB owners would ever feel the need to try them, but those are some amazing tires. Left my buddy on an Aprilla in the dust today. And I probably got all of that done cheaper than his Aprilla cost.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Heh- I think motorcycles are dirt cheap, even with all the mods I do to them.

Of course I compare the bikes to the cost of purchasing, maintaining, insuring numerous cars at once.

Example- one of my cars needs 13 quarts for an oil change.

But glad you are enjoying your bike!!
 
Lol... Great write up chync
 
:rofl: I'm not tough enough to ride a Harley and I'm not man enough to try that!
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Heh- I think motorcycles are dirt cheap, even with all the mods I do to them.

Of course I compare the bikes to the cost of purchasing, maintaining, insuring numerous cars at once.

Example- one of my cars needs 13 quarts for an oil change.

But glad you are enjoying your bike!!
I agree! Compared to the cost of airplane farkles, modding a motorcycle looks downright cheap to me. :D

Nothing wrong with spending on the mods to make it perfect for you, assuming you're going to own it long enough to enjoy them. I know a lot of folks that go hog wild on the mods and soon after get interested in something else. That can get expensive quickly.
 
The ferret_imp said:
:rofl: I'm not tough enough to ride a Harley and I'm not man enough to try that!
Well I have a Harley but as for the other part, no thanks.

I mean, I'm already married, why would I want more than one woman mad at me all the time??
 
:rofl: I hear ya. I say " yes dear" enough already. Why would I want to double that?

I've been saying I'm not tough enough to ride a Harley for years ( although I've had 6 of them). I say it because invariably I will be riding in the cold or rain fully geared up, and I will pass a guy on a Harley wearing no helmet, no gloves, just jeans and a sweatshirt. I'm not THAT tough. Lol
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
some day i'm going to have the slightest clue what all the things on that list do for you.
1. They make you go VERY fast
2. They insert a permanent drain into your wallet.
 
I don't think I would go as far as saying that my motorcycle hobby is inexpensive but it is definitely cheaper than my other two hobbies - firearms and cars (motorized vehicles in general).

I imagine airplanes must be a fairly expensive hobby.
 
chync_imp said:
I’ve put way too much money into my CB to be considered sane but I have to admit I knew that would be the case when I bought it. I realize this isn’t what most choose to do with their CB but none the less apparently I did. Have you ever had a crazy idea and then realized you actually manifest it?

Can’t help anyone with cheap thrills but if you want an expensive one try this:

- upgrade your suspension front and rear (Ohlins and Adreani)
- drop a tooth on the front sprocket
- get a lower resistance exhaust for some deep breathing exercises
- add a high flow air filter and remove the snorkel
- add a power commander and get it tuned by a pro
- put a single sport saddle on it so you can climb around in the thing
- install some braided brake lines and sintered brake pads because at some point you are going to need to cease and desist the fun
- throw on a pair of pazzo shorty levers
- chunk those handlebars for some clip-ons or clubmans to get some weight on the front wheel
- replace the rims with 17” lightweight rims because no one runs fast with lead shoes

And with your last penny get a set of Michelin Power RS tires and hang on for dear life.

Spent 8 hours riding the little monster today on those Michelin’s and it’s definitely the most expensive and most exilerating thrill I’ve had to date.

Seriously. Mission accomplished. I have officially had as much fun if not more than any squid on a super sport bike on an air cooled throwback modern retro that looks right out of the 60’s.

All kidding aside, and I realize few CB owners would ever feel the need to try them, but those are some amazing tires. Left my buddy on an Aprilla in the dust today. And I probably got all of that done cheaper than his Aprilla cost.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi

did you put clip ons on? I would love to see a pic. Did it change your position a great deal ?
 
Chync, I realize this is an old thread but I am down here in Lincoln County NC (near Charlotte) and would like to get a ride/meet up going on and also take a look at your bike. I ride the CB like a sport bike up there in the mountains and it is a blast, but I have a few ideas to make it even blast-ier.
 
Thread starter
riggies_imp said:
Chync, I realize this is an old thread but I am down here in Lincoln County NC (near Charlotte) and would like to get a ride/meet up going on and also take a look at your bike. I ride the CB like a sport bike up there in the mountains and it is a blast, but I have a few ideas to make it even blast-ier.

I’ll send you a pm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jitaylor_imp said:
chync_imp said:
I’ve put way too much money into my CB to be considered sane but I have to admit I knew that would be the case when I bought it. I realize this isn’t what most choose to do with their CB but none the less apparently I did. Have you ever had a crazy idea and then realized you actually manifest it?

Can’t help anyone with cheap thrills but if you want an expensive one try this:

- upgrade your suspension front and rear (Ohlins and Adreani)
- drop a tooth on the front sprocket
- get a lower resistance exhaust for some deep breathing exercises
- add a high flow air filter and remove the snorkel
- add a power commander and get it tuned by a pro
- put a single sport saddle on it so you can climb around in the thing
- install some braided brake lines and sintered brake pads because at some point you are going to need to cease and desist the fun
- throw on a pair of pazzo shorty levers
- chunk those handlebars for some clip-ons or clubmans to get some weight on the front wheel
- replace the rims with 17” lightweight rims because no one runs fast with lead shoes

And with your last penny get a set of Michelin Power RS tires and hang on for dear life.

Spent 8 hours riding the little monster today on those Michelin’s and it’s definitely the most expensive and most exilerating thrill I’ve had to date.

Seriously. Mission accomplished. I have officially had as much fun if not more than any squid on a super sport bike on an air cooled throwback modern retro that looks right out of the 60’s.

All kidding aside, and I realize few CB owners would ever feel the need to try them, but those are some amazing tires. Left my buddy on an Aprilla in the dust today. And I probably got all of that done cheaper than his Aprilla cost.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi

did you put clip ons on? I would love to see a pic. Did it change your position a great deal ?
Hi

did you put clip ons on? I would love to see a pic. Did it change your position a great deal ?

I bought some cheap clubmans to see how I would like the ride before investing in clip-ons. I do like them so the upgrade is in my future. Here are some pics.







Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Heh- I think motorcycles are dirt cheap, even with all the mods I do to them.

Of course I compare the bikes to the cost of purchasing, maintaining, insuring numerous cars at once.

Example- one of my cars needs 13 quarts for an oil change.

But glad you are enjoying your bike!!
I know the feeling,13 quarts if I drain the oil cooler and at $10+ a quart.
 
Back
Top