Exhaust Mods and Questions!

Valtorei_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey!

So I recently joined the riding community, and I’ve put about 750 miles on my bike already... She’s a treat, and I love her to death. Even so, I like to fidget and change things for fun... And blow my checks every week because I have no sense of saving...

So I’ve been doing some research and looking into some ways to make my biker a little louder, and if I make her faster with higher horsepower, I won’t complain. Even if I lose a few MPG, it’s not a deal breaker.

My first goal is to possibly replace the slip on muffler on my 2014 CB1100 Standard. I’m hoping this’ll make her a little louder, but I’d also like to eventually replace my entire exhaust for the same goals, speed and power are bonuses. To top it off, I’m not fond of chrome. The bronzing on the engine block exhaust pipes feels tacky to me. However, chrome will work for my bike goals!

I’m looking for some opinions on both slip on mufflers and full exhaust benefits. I’m going to continue doing research, because I want the full treat of great MPG, power, speed, and sound.

Please note, I live in a Harley town, so I’m limited on local support.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Do it for looks, sound, and weight savings. Unlikely you'll find much to gain in hp.
That’s not a key factor I want, just a potential bonus. Sound is my biggest concern. Fuel efficiency and looks are tied. Speed and power are tied and close behind fuel.
 
Thread starter
itstuantran_imp said:

I appreciate the reply! I’ll have to look into some more specific models and hear how they sound before I decide what I do.
 
I went with an Arrow Header (Cat Free) and a single Over can, from Samurider.

Sounds lovely, saves a ton of weight and much less restrictive, so more HP.

I recently put the stock Can back on, for a peaceful touring trip. You straight away feel the difference. Stock can really held it back at the top end, but it did pull from nothing. Stock can also super heavy...
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Beardy - did you adjust the trims after putting the stock can back on?
Yep, a few times. I got some weird readings on the auto tune, all around 2500 where it would swing from lean to rich and back again. All in 500-1000 revs.

I persevered but it was running rough around 2500-3500 revs and was not happy in town. So, I thought sod it, I'll put the Over back on and it seems to be a lot happier.

That Std. End can is very restrictive I think.
 
Back
Top