exhaust baffle

Bheezy27403_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Is there a baffle that be removed in the ugly exhaust can? Need a little more note to drown my valve tapping. I most likely will end up putting something else on it but for now I'm too busy riding!
 
Been covered a couple times, with at least one member completely gutting his stock can. For a little more sound, I removed the end cap of the stock can and drilled 3 half inch holes around the center pipe in the rear baffle. This adds a small amount of added "growl" to the exhaust tone. An aftermarket exhaust is the only way to get a truly louder tone.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Probably not valve tapping you are hearing but fuel injectors clicking. Soon you will not pay any attention to them.
 
Good info, I though the tapping/clicking was valves. I have 425 miles and was going to address the noise at the first service, next Monday. I ride it every day to work, 25 to 30 miles. By Monday I should have my 600 miles.
Thanks...
 
Thread starter
Thanks soldier. I'll take the cap off tomorrow and take a look.

Huh, fuel injectors...who knew? Guess I have a lot to learn about FI bikes. Never knew they made a sound.

My Triumph had a ton of valve noise until I put megaphones on it. Haven't heard 'em since.
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Been covered a couple times, with at least one member completely gutting his stock can. For a little more sound, I removed the end cap of the stock can and drilled 3 half inch holes around the center pipe in the rear baffle. This adds a small amount of added "growl" to the exhaust tone. An aftermarket exhaust is the only way to get a truly louder tone.


Sent from an undisclosed location

Did this change the back pressure and did it require any remapping to avoid popping?
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
So I went out this morning to drill some holes...my drill had crapped the bed.

Guess I'll live with the tapping for now.
If you look through that thread on gutting the muffler you'll find a schematic of the stock exhaust which indicates that drilling on the lower left side of the exhaust outlet will do the most good at allowing a little more sound out.
 
Back
Top