Exhaust ACF-50 juxtaposition

Ayrshire Dunx_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was wiping down the bike with a rag and some rust inhibitor ready for a long winter sleep. However I have heard that it is a good idea to squirt the stuff down the exhaust pipes.

Anyone ever done this? Is it wise? Could it affect the catalyst etc.

Cheers everyone!:worship:
 
Our exhausts are stainless steel. It is really needed?
 
ACF-50 works fine with all sorts of surfaces - bare metal and paint, even in places where the anti-corrosion paint has cracks. It does not owe it's action to a chemical process, it does not attack the surface. Instead it simply keeps moisture away and in doing so stops the attack.

But I cannot say whether this is a good idea, just not enough experience with stainless steel. It could be that, without doing any damage, it might be difficult to get the sheen back in spring.

What does the ACF manual / supplier say ? Have you caefully checked ? I'd be curious too.
 
Back
Top