peterbaron
Road warrior
Thread starter
For those, who are interested in European rental our beloved CB1100....inquiry sent.
Rent the Honda CB1100EX

Rent the Honda CB1100EX

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Yes, no doubt the CB would be.Stichill_imp said:The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
..........the village pic i cant recognizeI did too. The engine was wonderful. Great character and gobs of torque. However the front brake was wooden and the rear brake locked up easily. But I really objected to the way it handled. Upon tipping in, you had to maintain pressure on the inside bar to keep it from leaning over even more...the opposite of how most motorcycles behave, where more pressure on the inside bar gives more lean angle.GoldOxide_imp said:Yes, no doubt the CB would be.Stichill_imp said:The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
In regards to the V7: Great looking bike, solid build, nostalgic in its own rite, shaft and good intentions. But in general, it can't. I really wished it could.
It's the Kübelbachviaduct west of [url=https://goo.gl/maps/355b6mCBh842]Dornstetten, DE, about 1 hr 20 min drive from Bargen, CH.alprider_imp said:i am not real sure but i think 30min ride and i am too by this railway bridge..................the village pic i cant recognize


Yes -- that was the only color it was offered in. It's called "Legnano Green" or, alternatively, "Solaris Yellow." The V7 Cafe Classic was only imported for 2010, and in scant numbers.GoldOxide_imp said:Hard to tell from the image LR, but is the 2010 V7 the metallic "off green" model?
+1! The Guzzis always intrigued me. Wish I had the opportunity to ride one.peterbaron_imp said:^ nice looking Guzzis, classic !![]()
Yes -- that was the only color it was offered in. It's called "Legnano Green" or, alternatively, "Solaris Yellow." The V7 Cafe Classic was only imported for 2010, and in scant numbers.LongRanger_imp said:Yes -- that was the only color it was offered in. It's called "Legnano Green" or, alternatively, "Solaris Yellow." The V7 Cafe Classic was only imported for 2010, and in scant numbers.GoldOxide_imp said:Hard to tell from the image LR, but is the 2010 V7 the metallic "off green" model?
![]()
Yes it does. Rode all over from the North Cape to the Scotisch Highlands and it toured and performed well. This year I will take the CB out to Ireland or Norway again. The decision has not yet been made but the option for Ireland seems to be most likely.Stichill_imp said:The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Lucky guy!Wisedrum_imp said:DasYes it does. Rode all over from the North Cape to the Scotisch Highlands and it toured and performed well. This year I will take the CB out to Ireland or Norway again. The decision has not yet been made but the option for Ireland seems to be most likely.Stichill_imp said:The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
By the way, why does the FJR disappered from Ferret's signature?
Wisedrum

Ha ha, hopefully next time I'll be sporting a Caberg modular!GoldOxide_imp said:Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet?
My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.

We were mostly riding back roads. The V7 pulled great to get around slower traffic. Nothing like my F800GT of course but it got the job done without drama. I did like being able to warm my hands on the cylinder heads now and then when we were caught in a cold rain on the way back to Stuttgart. I'm short so I actually picked the V7 as my rental ride because of the accessible seat heat.GoldOxide_imp said:Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet?
My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
Good to know.Stichill_imp said:Lucky guy!Wisedrum_imp said:DasYes it does. Rode all over from the North Cape to the Scotisch Highlands and it toured and performed well. This year I will take the CB out to Ireland or Norway again. The decision has not yet been made but the option for Ireland seems to be most likely.Stichill_imp said:The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
By the way, why does the FJR disappered from Ferret's signature?
Wisedrum
Ha ha, hopefully next time I'll be sporting a Caberg modular!GoldOxide_imp said:Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet?
My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
We were mostly riding back roads. The V7 pulled great to get around slower traffic. Nothing like my F800GT of course but it got the job done without drama. I did like being able to warm my hands on the cylinder heads now and then when we were caught in a cold rain on the way back to Stuttgart. I'm short so I actually picked the V7 as my rental ride because of the accessible seat heat.GoldOxide_imp said:Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet?
My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
The buddy in the photo with me test rode the current V7 III and said he loved it. He thought it was a lot more fun than the V9, which he had expected to like better.
Now I see it again. Have to scroll down your post.The ferret_imp said:Wisedrum.. It's still there. At least I see it at the bottom of my posts.