EUROPEAN CB1100 RENTAL

Funny - For myself, I would rent anything but the CB ... to reinforce why the CB is a fantastic bike in the first place after riding the others.

Of course, that line of thought could back fire if something sweeter and with shaft comes along. :dodgy:
 
The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.

f53624efd5c45a97cf3ca9993dad9c92.jpg


de812f000f42f4d2a1091cb372335a1d.jpg


a97491b0362eedb45da2049d51abdc8b.jpg


e371745bdb00f62b40fa77b3feddf4a8.jpg


08f0023f604ab0946a905ee7394818cb.jpg
 
Edelweiss is now renting BMW, Triumph, and HD bikes from its Meiming, Austria location. Rental includes insurance and is very reasonable ($110-$150/day, depending on model).
 
Stichill_imp said:
The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.

f53624efd5c45a97cf3ca9993dad9c92.jpg


de812f000f42f4d2a1091cb372335a1d.jpg


a97491b0362eedb45da2049d51abdc8b.jpg


e371745bdb00f62b40fa77b3feddf4a8.jpg


08f0023f604ab0946a905ee7394818cb.jpg
Yes, no doubt the CB would be.

In regards to the V7: Great looking bike, solid build, nostalgic in its own rite, shaft and good intentions. But in general, it can't. I really wished it could.
 
i am not real sure but i think 30min ride and i am too by this railway bridge........:P..........the village pic i cant recognize
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.

f53624efd5c45a97cf3ca9993dad9c92.jpg


de812f000f42f4d2a1091cb372335a1d.jpg


a97491b0362eedb45da2049d51abdc8b.jpg


e371745bdb00f62b40fa77b3feddf4a8.jpg


08f0023f604ab0946a905ee7394818cb.jpg
Yes, no doubt the CB would be.

In regards to the V7: Great looking bike, solid build, nostalgic in its own rite, shaft and good intentions. But in general, it can't. I really wished it could.
I did too. The engine was wonderful. Great character and gobs of torque. However the front brake was wooden and the rear brake locked up easily. But I really objected to the way it handled. Upon tipping in, you had to maintain pressure on the inside bar to keep it from leaning over even more...the opposite of how most motorcycles behave, where more pressure on the inside bar gives more lean angle.

7d1a037772c5a68d9dcfd558f137b198.jpg

Julian Alps, Slovenia 2015

69ae6606be1a48bd3cf49b0aa0be7ce6.jpg

Julian Alps, Slovenia 2015

alprider_imp said:
i am not real sure but i think 30min ride and i am too by this railway bridge........:P..........the village pic i cant recognize
It's the Kübelbachviaduct west of [url=https://goo.gl/maps/355b6mCBh842]Dornstetten, DE, about 1 hr 20 min drive from Bargen, CH.
 
Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet? :D

My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
 
lol I've not ridden the V7 variant, but I did ride it's predecessor the Breva 750. First thought.. "where's the power?" ...... second thought "where's the brakes?".
 
I owned two V7's and now of course my CB. I'm too tall for each of them, but I'm finding that I'm too tall for any bike that appeals to me. Just have to make do. I agree with Stichill's and ferret's observations about these bikes, but still, I really found my Guzzi's to be well suited for the roads around here.


8d4afc31af1d843649981fbb38697471.jpg

2010 V7 Cafe Classic

e0e172ef2ffd0e7eda3fded3a3a7d29a.jpg

2011 V7 Classic
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hard to tell from the image LR, but is the 2010 V7 the metallic "off green" model?
Yes -- that was the only color it was offered in. It's called "Legnano Green" or, alternatively, "Solaris Yellow." The V7 Cafe Classic was only imported for 2010, and in scant numbers.

6f981826481289d54e88d1340c101121.jpg
 
LongRanger_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Hard to tell from the image LR, but is the 2010 V7 the metallic "off green" model?
Yes -- that was the only color it was offered in. It's called "Legnano Green" or, alternatively, "Solaris Yellow." The V7 Cafe Classic was only imported for 2010, and in scant numbers.

6f981826481289d54e88d1340c101121.jpg
Yes -- that was the only color it was offered in. It's called "Legnano Green" or, alternatively, "Solaris Yellow." The V7 Cafe Classic was only imported for 2010, and in scant numbers.
a94b670738d167fc4d44893892030992.jpg

Yeah, I thought so. Now I know why I was so compelled to the V7 at the time. The colour and how it was applied was top notch quality. For some reason, they didn't seem to move quickly on the showroom floors in my region.
 
Das
Stichill_imp said:
The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.

f53624efd5c45a97cf3ca9993dad9c92.jpg


de812f000f42f4d2a1091cb372335a1d.jpg


a97491b0362eedb45da2049d51abdc8b.jpg


e371745bdb00f62b40fa77b3feddf4a8.jpg


08f0023f604ab0946a905ee7394818cb.jpg
Yes it does. Rode all over from the North Cape to the Scotisch Highlands and it toured and performed well. This year I will take the CB out to Ireland or Norway again. The decision has not yet been made but the option for Ireland seems to be most likely.

By the way, why does the FJR disappered from Ferret's signature?

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum.. It's still there. At least I see it at the bottom of my posts.
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
Das
Stichill_imp said:
The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.

f53624efd5c45a97cf3ca9993dad9c92.jpg


de812f000f42f4d2a1091cb372335a1d.jpg


a97491b0362eedb45da2049d51abdc8b.jpg


e371745bdb00f62b40fa77b3feddf4a8.jpg


08f0023f604ab0946a905ee7394818cb.jpg
Yes it does. Rode all over from the North Cape to the Scotisch Highlands and it toured and performed well. This year I will take the CB out to Ireland or Norway again. The decision has not yet been made but the option for Ireland seems to be most likely.

By the way, why does the FJR disappered from Ferret's signature?

Wisedrum
Lucky guy! :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet? :D

My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
Ha ha, hopefully next time I'll be sporting a Caberg modular! :)

GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet? :D

My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
We were mostly riding back roads. The V7 pulled great to get around slower traffic. Nothing like my F800GT of course but it got the job done without drama. I did like being able to warm my hands on the cylinder heads now and then when we were caught in a cold rain on the way back to Stuttgart. I'm short so I actually picked the V7 as my rental ride because of the accessible seat heat.

The buddy in the photo with me test rode the current V7 III and said he loved it. He thought it was a lot more fun than the V9, which he had expected to like better.
 
Stichill_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
Das
Stichill_imp said:
The CB1100 makes a great bike for touring in Europe! In 2014 I rented a 2013 CB1100 ABS for a day trip from the south side of Stuttgart through the Black Forest and back again. That was my first European ride and first ride on a CB1100. I liked it worlds better than the Moto Guzzi V7 I took from Stuttgart through Austria and Slovenia the next year.

f53624efd5c45a97cf3ca9993dad9c92.jpg


de812f000f42f4d2a1091cb372335a1d.jpg


a97491b0362eedb45da2049d51abdc8b.jpg


e371745bdb00f62b40fa77b3feddf4a8.jpg


08f0023f604ab0946a905ee7394818cb.jpg
Yes it does. Rode all over from the North Cape to the Scotisch Highlands and it toured and performed well. This year I will take the CB out to Ireland or Norway again. The decision has not yet been made but the option for Ireland seems to be most likely.

By the way, why does the FJR disappered from Ferret's signature?

Wisedrum
Lucky guy! :thumbsup:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet? :D

My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
Ha ha, hopefully next time I'll be sporting a Caberg modular! :)

GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice, sunny, crisp pics of the riding folks in the Alps. Who is the dude in the full-face helmet? :D

My V7 experience was slightly different. I do recall your experience into the turns, but I guess I adapted well enough. What I recall most was the essence of running out of steam too quickly and this was on rolling back roads, so maybe 60 mph. I do understand power is limited to sub-50 hp for the earlier models, but I have ridden lesser bikes with more get-up and go. I really liked the bike, tons of character, but had wring it more than expected. It could also be me: I am likely too tall for the V7, and sometimes I think for the CB. But the CB rides much differently for sure.
We were mostly riding back roads. The V7 pulled great to get around slower traffic. Nothing like my F800GT of course but it got the job done without drama. I did like being able to warm my hands on the cylinder heads now and then when we were caught in a cold rain on the way back to Stuttgart. I'm short so I actually picked the V7 as my rental ride because of the accessible seat heat.

The buddy in the photo with me test rode the current V7 III and said he loved it. He thought it was a lot more fun than the V9, which he had expected to like better.
Good to know.
 
Back
Top