Houtman_imp
Road warrior
That is what I use starting in nov. in all my engines .
Better than the red stuff as it is more concentrated and cheap at Walmart.
Better than the red stuff as it is more concentrated and cheap at Walmart.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
G'day Chip,ChipBeck_imp said:Gentlemen,
I'm a Chevron dealer in AZ. All AZ gas has 10% ethanol. It's required by law here and it sucks. Ethanol soaks up water like a sponge. Gasoline without ethanol does not absorb water. Ethanol is a complete and total waste as it's worse for the environment, produces more CO2 than pure gas, and it contains 30% less energy than the same volume of gas so it gets poorer mileage. People must be forced to buy that swill or it wouldn't sell at all.
I'm also one of the largest independent retailers of E-85 in AZ and that stuff is really awful. My store is right by the Phoenix airport and all cabs that service the airport are required to use E-85 so I sell it. The cab drivers hate it. Cheers.
Chip
Your right again. Damn.Cormanus_imp said:Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.
Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
Your right again. Damn.Pterodactyl_imp said:Your right again. Damn.Cormanus_imp said:Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.
Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
Cheers

Your right again. Damn.Tyke57nz_imp said:Your right again. Damn.Pterodactyl_imp said:Your right again. Damn.Cormanus_imp said:Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.
Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
Cheers
Cheers
Thankfully Ethanol & Methanol not really that common here in the South Island of NZ so the choice is simple - RON 95 or 98 depending on where I am. This combined with Motul 10W40 as the primary lubricant seems to work just fine in the machine I own.![]()

Agree whole-heartedly, but at least there isn't really any moisture here in AZ for it to soak up. Well, except for right around this time of year. Dam monsoons. Blowing down trees AND messing up my gas.ChipBeck_imp said:Gentlemen,
I'm a Chevron dealer in AZ. All AZ gas has 10% ethanol. It's required by law here and it sucks. Ethanol soaks up water like a sponge. Gasoline without ethanol does not absorb water. Ethanol is a complete and total waste as it's worse for the environment, produces more CO2 than pure gas, and it contains 30% less energy than the same volume of gas so it gets poorer mileage. People must be forced to buy that swill or it wouldn't sell at all.
I'm also one of the largest independent retailers of E-85 in AZ and that stuff is really awful. My store is right by the Phoenix airport and all cabs that service the airport are required to use E-85 so I sell it. The cab drivers hate it. Cheers.
Chip