Ethanol free fuel

That is what I use starting in nov. in all my engines .
Better than the red stuff as it is more concentrated and cheap at Walmart.
 
Gentlemen,

I'm a Chevron dealer in AZ. All AZ gas has 10% ethanol. It's required by law here and it sucks. Ethanol soaks up water like a sponge. Gasoline without ethanol does not absorb water. Ethanol is a complete and total waste as it's worse for the environment, produces more CO2 than pure gas, and it contains 30% less energy than the same volume of gas so it gets poorer mileage. People must be forced to buy that swill or it wouldn't sell at all.

I'm also one of the largest independent retailers of E-85 in AZ and that stuff is really awful. My store is right by the Phoenix airport and all cabs that service the airport are required to use E-85 so I sell it. The cab drivers hate it. Cheers.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I'm a Chevron dealer in AZ. All AZ gas has 10% ethanol. It's required by law here and it sucks. Ethanol soaks up water like a sponge. Gasoline without ethanol does not absorb water. Ethanol is a complete and total waste as it's worse for the environment, produces more CO2 than pure gas, and it contains 30% less energy than the same volume of gas so it gets poorer mileage. People must be forced to buy that swill or it wouldn't sell at all.

I'm also one of the largest independent retailers of E-85 in AZ and that stuff is really awful. My store is right by the Phoenix airport and all cabs that service the airport are required to use E-85 so I sell it. The cab drivers hate it. Cheers.

Chip
G'day Chip,

Does your owners manual specify max 5% ethanol and 10% methanol?

Cheers
 
Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.

Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.

Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
Your right again. Damn.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.

Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
Your right again. Damn.

Cheers
Your right again. Damn.

Cheers
Thankfully Ethanol & Methanol not really that common here in the South Island of NZ so the choice is simple - RON 95 or 98 depending on where I am. This combined with Motul 10W40 as the primary lubricant seems to work just fine in the machine I own.:D
 
I run ethanol free gas in my CB, but not at every fill up. The stations that carry EF gas tend to be out of town a bit, out in farm country.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Actually, Pterodactyl, the manual says no more than 5% methanol even with cosolvents and corrosion inhibitors and no more than 10% ethanol.

Who'd a thunk a petrol thread could be fun?
Your right again. Damn.

Cheers
Your right again. Damn.

Cheers
Thankfully Ethanol & Methanol not really that common here in the South Island of NZ so the choice is simple - RON 95 or 98 depending on where I am. This combined with Motul 10W40 as the primary lubricant seems to work just fine in the machine I own.:D
Your right again. Damn.

Cheers
Thankfully Ethanol & Methanol not really that common here in the South Island of NZ so the choice is simple - RON 95 or 98 depending on where I am. This combined with Motul 10W40 as the primary lubricant seems to work just fine in the machine I own.:D
You Kiwi trouble maker you! :P
 
Here in NJ, 10% ethanol gas is the law. You can no longer buy gas without ethanol and that sucks. I have a 73 Ducati 750GT with fiberglass gas tank and the ethanol will dissolve my gas tank, so I use aviation fuel (100 octane low lead) in it. That gas lasts months and needs no additives. It is $5.75 per gallon, but I use very little as I ride the Ducati only about 1000 miles per year. I use Seafoam in my generator and all my other small engines and over the winter for my three motorcycles. It seems to work well. Be careful when choosing fuel additives - many are ethanol or methanol based and add to the problem. That is why Stabil came out with a version specifically for ethanol fuels.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I'm a Chevron dealer in AZ. All AZ gas has 10% ethanol. It's required by law here and it sucks. Ethanol soaks up water like a sponge. Gasoline without ethanol does not absorb water. Ethanol is a complete and total waste as it's worse for the environment, produces more CO2 than pure gas, and it contains 30% less energy than the same volume of gas so it gets poorer mileage. People must be forced to buy that swill or it wouldn't sell at all.

I'm also one of the largest independent retailers of E-85 in AZ and that stuff is really awful. My store is right by the Phoenix airport and all cabs that service the airport are required to use E-85 so I sell it. The cab drivers hate it. Cheers.

Chip
Agree whole-heartedly, but at least there isn't really any moisture here in AZ for it to soak up. Well, except for right around this time of year. Dam monsoons. Blowing down trees AND messing up my gas.
 
Back
Top