redbirds_imp
Road warrior
My what a change. The Hayabusa is a great bike and would make a fine sport-touring bike properly set up. Never understood why Suzuki did not make a ST version with that awesome motor. Enjoy

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

if it helps i put helibars and a suzuki gel seat on mine which help but was still cramped and bent over. who wants to see an old man get off a Busa and unfold a walker ? perhaps your much younger and lived a better life.redbirds_imp said:My what a change. The Hayabusa is a great bike and would make a fine sport-touring bike properly set up. Never understood why Suzuki did not make a ST version with that awesome motor. Enjoy![]()
who wants to see an old man get off a Busa and unfold a walker ? That would be a sight to see.use2b_imp said:if it helps i put helibars and a suzuki gel seat on mine which help but was still cramped and bent over. who wants to see an old man get off a Busa and unfold a walker ? perhaps your much younger and lived a better life.redbirds_imp said:My what a change. The Hayabusa is a great bike and would make a fine sport-touring bike properly set up. Never understood why Suzuki did not make a ST version with that awesome motor. Enjoy![]()
enjoy that rocket on wheels = 1st gear = 70MPH , scared the heck out of so many people on that thing LOL
That is a clean Bus, there are some great deals out there. Enjoy that beauty12cb96vfr_imp said:Well everyone I really enjoyed my time here, learned a TON about the awesome CB.
I found a smoking deal on a totally different bike, a 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa - talk about night and day haha!!
Again thanks everyone, this is an awesome and active forum, y'all ride safe and have fun!!!!
haha i know a thread is worthless without pics, I'll have to shrink these down it says the file is too large

its funny, I was reading everything I could about this bike (I tend to do that haha, I spend hours scouring every forum I can find whenever i get a new bike) and Suzuki originally planned on the Hayabusa being their sport touring flagship. They actually never intended on it being the drag-strip king!redbirds_imp said:My what a change. The Hayabusa is a great bike and would make a fine sport-touring bike properly set up. Never understood why Suzuki did not make a ST version with that awesome motor. Enjoy![]()
correct, had a re-tuned Hayabusa engine in an upright naked chassis. Didn't sell well, I guess you could say the look is "unique". And those crazy mufflers didn't help either lol!physics-teacher_imp said:I thought a naked Busa was a B-King, which bombed in the sales department.
haha, I've had it in C Mode most of the time, that limits it to about 115hp and really softens up the throttle response. But even still she's a rocket ship!Retsel_imp said:My riding buddy has a Hayabusa. When we swap bikes I just can't get use to that on/off switch. I think they call it a throttle?
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Not in Europe. The Bandit 1200/1250 is a beloved workhorse of a machine, sold well, and is highly regarded as a simple, powerful and effective tourer/ scratcher/all-rounder. And they up until recently, made the lovely GSX1400 naked, very popular in the UK and elsewhere. Projecting from the US motorcycle market outward is a mistake.The ferret_imp said:Ive never understood why Suzuki never made a dedicated tourer/sport tourer using that motor, to compete against the ST 1300's, Concours and FJR's and instead relied on the wonky Vstrom 1000 V Twin to carry on the touring duties for Suzuki fans. I know they had the Bandit 1200/1250 series but they never sold well and were never up to date enough to make a dent. There were probably more people touring on Burgman 650s than on the Bandit series.
Not in Europe. The Bandit 1200/1250 is a beloved workhorse of a machine, sold well, and is highly regarded as a simple, powerful and effective tourer/ scratcher/all-rounder. And they up until recently, made the lovely GSX1400 naked, very popular in the UK and elsewhere. Projecting from the US motorcycle market outward is a mistake. Indeed, in the USA few riders buy bikes as basic transpo. It's a status thing for most buyers so the utility of the bike is secondary. European riders need to move up the ladder a rung at a time, starting on low-powered bikes and getting the basics of riding down, and coming to appreciate the inherent qualities in a simple motorcycle.Capo_imp said:Not in Europe. The Bandit 1200/1250 is a beloved workhorse of a machine, sold well, and is highly regarded as a simple, powerful and effective tourer/ scratcher/all-rounder. And they up until recently, made the lovely GSX1400 naked, very popular in the UK and elsewhere. Projecting from the US motorcycle market outward is a mistake.The ferret_imp said:Ive never understood why Suzuki never made a dedicated tourer/sport tourer using that motor, to compete against the ST 1300's, Concours and FJR's and instead relied on the wonky Vstrom 1000 V Twin to carry on the touring duties for Suzuki fans. I know they had the Bandit 1200/1250 series but they never sold well and were never up to date enough to make a dent. There were probably more people touring on Burgman 650s than on the Bandit series.