Engine Paint

zippooriginal_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I stupidly laid my CB over on it right side in a gravel parking lot.
Did little damage with the exception of a small patch where the paint, about the size of a quarter, was scraped off. Geez, this makes me sick.
Can anyone recommend a source for official Honda paint that I can use to touch up the engine casing???
Thanks.
 
If it's on a cover, clutch, oil pump etc, prob best to whip it off and get it finished by a spray shop. I think you'll struggle to get the same finish with rattle cans. Shouldn't cost too much for a small cover.

If you just want to stop it corroding then BBQ paint/HT Enamel will do the trick for temps.
 
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
If it's on a cover, clutch, oil pump etc, prob best to whip it off and get it finished by a spray shop. I think you'll struggle to get the same finish with rattle cans. Shouldn't cost too much for a small cover.

If you just want to stop it corroding then BBQ paint/HT Enamel will do the trick for temps.
I have had good luck with NAPA Automotive custom matching the paint to match the cases on my VFR800 in a rattle can.
 
Dave_imp said:
beardyweirdy@me.com_imp said:
If it's on a cover, clutch, oil pump etc, prob best to whip it off and get it finished by a spray shop. I think you'll struggle to get the same finish with rattle cans. Shouldn't cost too much for a small cover.

If you just want to stop it corroding then BBQ paint/HT Enamel will do the trick for temps.
I have had good luck with NAPA Automotive custom matching the paint to match the cases on my VFR800 in a rattle can.
I have had good luck with NAPA Automotive custom matching the paint to match the cases on my VFR800 in a rattle can. Yeah. A lot of guys don't know this (I didn't till recently), but NAPA actually does paint very well.
 
I didn't know that either. Glad I do now. Also, that's a smart market niche to own, too. I'm always painting something and looking for just the right paint. Good to know!
 
Back
Top