Engine guards

PowerDubs_imp said:
So I looked around, having damaged my left SWM bar- and TwistedThrottle has them on 'pre-season' sale for $130.xx and free shipping. I placed the order yesterday afternoon and they were delivered this morning!!

Even better- after I had already bought these and received them so quickly, I noticed on their website that they offer a 10% discount to military so I emailed them and they credited the difference back to me.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
So I looked around, having damaged my left SWM bar- and TwistedThrottle has them on 'pre-season' sale for $130.xx and free shipping. I placed the order yesterday afternoon and they were delivered this morning!!

Even better- after I had already bought these and received them so quickly, I noticed on their website that they offer a 10% discount to military so I emailed them and they credited the difference back to me.

Even better- after I had already bought these and received them so quickly, I noticed on their website that they offer a 10% discount to military so I emailed them and they credited the difference back to me.
That is a very good price. When I ordered mine from Twisted Throttle about a year and a half ago, they were at $210.
 
Yes. I am quite happy with the purchase!!

When I crashed the bike in summer 2018, I bought all the replacement parts for the scratched up bits except for the guards because I wanted to wait for a better price since I wasn't riding the bike anyway.

Hard to argue with $117 shipped. :)
 
Thread starter
Dears,
I return on this old conversation to thank you all again for the precious advices. :worship:
It has been a quite busy period that kept me away from the forum (and the CB as well).
I ended up with purchasing the original honda engine guards. I decided to go for the honda because I found them less obtrusive and secured to the frame not in the same points the engine is fixed.
I took the chance to combine the purchase with a new chrome chain guard, replacing the original plastic one. Now the bike is faster and runs much smoother ;)
The pictures are not the best, taken in the garage, but I want to share the result to you all.
Safe rides :biker: ! Cheers!

 
Wind, you've got yourself a beautiful bike.
I like the green!!
:clap::thumbsup:
To achieve even faster and smoother running, you need RLETS....I got invisible-certified.

P.S. if you need picture tutoring, Alprider is nearby/CH :P:)
 
Thread starter
:thanks:
The green tank is a custom painting work (and the seat as well). Original color was black.
 
Wind_imp said:
Dears,
I return on this old conversation to thank you all again for the precious advices. :worship:
It has been a quite busy period that kept me away from the forum (and the CB as well).
I ended up with purchasing the original honda engine guards. I decided to go for the honda because I found them less obtrusive and secured to the frame not in the same points the engine is fixed.
I took the chance to combine the purchase with a new chrome chain guard, replacing the original plastic one. Now the bike is faster and runs much smoother ;)
The pictures are not the best, taken in the garage, but I want to share the result to you all.
Safe rides :biker: ! Cheers!
pdedse_imp said:
SW..."untested" so far. I like black for engine guards. Variouis angles:
273747e08753b7417b72cfb13c30da05.jpg

d405dc680f5b4b72c512a6ca8dda5c61.jpg

fe7ce2144ffccd00626280238ab7f73c.jpg

84295680d12e6984ca6879c02e05fb64.jpg

e08082c74108516892d61ecf5f59e038.jpg

06fc3dc2c754932c199ae1a844c7383b.jpg
Got these off ebay from China. Look similar to the Mo-techs I have on the '13 CB. They attached in a slightly different way. I had to add caps to keep from a potential scratch.
dce145b5899d76f2861e0ce5c39bf376.jpg


Check out the radiator screen. I see so few here protected and they aint cheap to replace. Got one for both CB's off ebay again, from China for about $35. They allow plenty of air and look good too with the CB1100 logo at the bottom.
 
Back
Top