engine guards or sliders

gossman_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I'm going to purchase something for case protection and I am down to deciding between the Kijima black engine guards or the M. sliders. Any pics of these engine guards on their bikes? If I purchased the chrome engine guards I think I would just get the honda guards, same price.
 
I got the black because of my black painted engine, I felt they went together better than chrome.
I'm at work without any pictures, and I wont be home till after dark to take any...
Check samurider and webike websites, there may be customer pictures there.
 
Thread starter
Do you feel they are sturdy enough to protect? I like the black minimalist look on this beautiful bike. Don't worry about the pics, just looking for info
 
I know you're not going with Honda's but that's what I went with and had them powder coated black to match the frame. Hope to never have to need them.
 
I went with the black not just because my engine is partially black, but also because if I do suffer a drop and they were chrome, I'd be stuck forever looking at all that damage to the nice chrome guards. But if they are black and get damaged, I could remove them and then sand and repaint them black.
 
Thread starter
Thank you for your thoughts, my reasonings about wantin black is much like why I chose black for the rear carrier. I can touch up any scratches or rust.
 
Thread starter
Went with the M. Sliders. Came in the mail today, quick like usual. The one single thing I dislike is that the instructions much like the Kijima rack are in Japanese. Yes, after a few utterances that cannot be uttered here, I installed them without skinning a knuckle. Nice quality and I hope I never use them. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
 
Cool... pics please

You are more mechanical than I . Can almost guarantee you I will utter a few blue words and skin a knuckle or two installing my headlight bucket and chrome instrument cups. When I work on something, blood usually flows.
 
ferret,

Those sliders are EASY to install, but the instructions aren't much help. I installed mine with the spacers on the wrong sides of the bike. Rode it like that for a while until I confirmed I had it wrong by looking at another members pic!
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
ferret,

Those sliders are EASY to install, but the instructions aren't much help. I installed mine with the spacers on the wrong sides of the bike. Rode it like that for a while until I confirmed I had it wrong by looking at another members pic!
Pretty easy to do. I sat and stared at the pics, the bike, and the pics again. Put them on, thinking I should only pull one bolt at a time and replace that bolt before removing the next. I can easily see someone who hasn't wrenched for a lifetime remove both at the same time and have some difficulties getting it back together. I put plenty of Ikea style crap together for the private school I volunteer at so I'm fairly good with poor instructions and figuring things out, I just need time to look and think.
 
If those chrome instrument covers cause a challenge, then you have some serious issues. LOL. And same for the headlight bucket. I would cost the headlight bucket before starting with blue painters trim tape to prevent scratching. Just saying that is the risk


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top