Good Day from Richmondhill (ON)
Me too I was contemplating of getting the factory original engine guard, however, after a few days debating between SW Motec & Original, I finally chose SW Motec.
The SW Motec is a very well crafted piece of art, fits like a glove.
The black blends in with the frame - in other words no excess chrome.
Protection wise, it looked that it will do its job and it was proven by one member of this club. (cannot find the link).
Only low point (may be) is the mat black finish instead of a gloss black (my personal opinion).
I ordered mine through Twisted Throttle, even though it was back order from Germany it arrived within a week.
Note: Mr T from Samurider is a "GREAT" supplier that you can trust will move mountains to give you satisfaction.
I got from Samurider the following items: Rear Rack, Top Box, a pair of rectangular mirrors and Tank protector.
PM me if you need more information.
Alain Lee