Engine Guards and Bar Ends

The chrome bars ends will be a nice touch and provide some contrast.
 
Thread starter
I fully recognize that it's pretty lame of me to revitalize a thread this old that only got two responses originally, neither of which mentioned my engine guards, but I'm going to do it anyway. Because I'm shameless like that.

Today, I dropped off my engine guards to be powder coated black. The guy I go to has proven to do awesome work so I'm confident they will turn out perfectly. I'll post photos once I get them back and installed. I might even comment on my own post if no one else does. That's right, I'm not above that either.
 
Be assured MG: we're all waiting with baited breath (doesn't that expression conjure an appalling image) for the pictures of your newly coated engine guards.
 
Thread starter
I knew I could count on you Cormanus for poorly feigned interest. I'll take what I can get! And, yes, for me, "baited breath" immediately brings to mind sardines and the plain featured, slightly pungent girl I made out with in my best friend's garage during a house party when I was 16. She had enthusiasm going for her. I must admit, I did as well.
 
"Poorly feigned"? How hurtful can you be?
 
I'll feign some interest, (but I will neither eat sardines or worms for that matter) so it won't be with baited breath

Engine guards will look good powder coated in that they will virtually disappear on your black bike..is that an oxy moron ?

If you paint something black to go on a black bike are you actually camouflaging it?

How do the bar ends look?
 
Thread starter
I like how you ruled out sardines but left the plainly featured, slightly pungent girl as an option.

That's the hope. That with them painted black, they will hardly be noticeable. And, I think the answer is yes - I am camouflaging them! I don't think they're unattractive but on my blacked out engine with the black frame, the chrome draws too much attention where I don't want it.

I really like the chrome bar ends. I'll be sure to include a shot that shows them off as well.
 
This discussion reminds me of a series of ads for PK chewing gum from the 90s featuring people saving their friends from their eating choices—onions were popular, Ferret—by chewing PK afterwards.
 
There is NO gum you could chew that would disguise the smell of onions. My wife will eat something with onions in it at lunch, eat mints and chew gum all afternoon and when she gets home I greet her with a kiss and then say what did you eat with onions in it for lunch?
 
I hate engine guards. powder. coats. powder coating. bad breath. gum. and even fishing.

Because MG makes me laugh, however, I will also feign interest in this thread.
 
I can't to see the black Honda engine guards. I like the design of the OEM guards, but prefer the camouflage of black on black. I never considered this option, but I am pretty happy with my Moriwaki sliders.

I too switched out the bar end weights for chrome to provide some contrast. After installing black mirrors, dark smoke hand guards with black brackets, and the black RLETs, I needed something bright and shiny.
 
Well. I went with black engine guards straight way. Didn't have to chew gun or eat onions to decide that either. Still refuse to put those black lever caps on though. I prefer my levers commando style. :angel:

But, while not much of a gum chewer, I do like sardines, oysters, onions and pickled herring (in small doses - let's not get crazy here).

Guzzi breakfast in the am so the long ignored Griso should get the nod tomorrow. :)
 
Thread starter
Picked up my engine guards from the powder coater today after work. They did an amazing job and the guards look fantastic. For those of you still feigning interest, I'll have them mounted and photos posted this weekend!
 
Thread starter
NightRider_imp said:
So, handiebar end thingies...5 min job. So...
Sorry, NightRider, I'm not following.

Oh, is this your attempt at poorly feigned interest? If it is, it's pretty good. Yes, 5 minutes for the thingies and I imagine 10 minutes for the doodads.
 
Back
Top