Engine Fins no longer...

COCB1100_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Tick and ping during cool-down once I shut her down after riding, ever since I put on my full Yoshi system. I thought it was in my head at first but it's been a month now so I know it's actually the case. I've sat in my garage like a crazy person where it's silent just to confirm.

I almost think the ticking and pinging I was hearing before was the headers and flanges moving around as they expanded and contracted after heating up from my rides.

I want my money back from Honda! Replace my ticking and pinging! Is this covered under warranty? Defective engine fins not ticking and pinging! (Obnoxious first world problems!)

Hope everybody is riding safe and enjoying their day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Teach you to meddle with perfection. :D
 
That's right!

(edit: I do think it's the exhaust tinking and not the fins)
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Teach you to meddle with perfection. :D

Cormanus -
43088a40e20b3fbcf1af14c2181f28bc.png
7a6ee4964d299bafb6a6ed4be736e904.png
You know, anytime I wrench on her or do anything to her, I always have in the back of my mind the thought that a lot of what I paid for was a bike meticulously manufactured by quality control obsessed, ultra prideful folks in a world class facility who religiously adhere to process.

I know that my amateur garage tinkering is almost certainly detracting from the longevity and integrity of the bike. BUT, I still prefer the way she looks and sounds now.
c90487d7c8588dcbe5803e4d2acbf27b.png
She was beautiful out of the box and those folks at Honda know EXACTLY what they're doing, I just have my hand at undoing a bit of that perfection and laughing about it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Ferret is correct-o-mundo. It's the exhaust, not the fins.

That's what I suspected... given I no longer hear it sans OEM headers and exhaust. Are you guys suggesting Honda lies to us about the fins and the noises then?
d8981991a7e1dbf7656cb83e0ed81897.png
09f6a7f342dcc290566f4edc8ddd2a51.png
f29084894a6c673d5d222a8921cf4342.png


I definitely used to hear a lot of plinks, pings and tinks before. Hahaha. The 2mm thin engine fins still look beautiful, though I wish they were silver (yeah, yeah, should have gotten a DLX).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Mine never popped and tinged either. Then after a couple of years it did a little, then stopped and doesn't.
 
Mine pops and tings like crazy
 
The ferret_imp said:
That's right!

(edit: I do think it's the exhaust tinking and not the fins)
Yes, it is the exhaust that ticks and pings during cool down. I have leaned down to listen closely more than once, and it has never come from the engine fins... always the exhaust tubing and cans!

-fritz
 
Thanks for this thread! Mine never ticked or pinged but I got it with a full Yosh exhaust. That explains it, I thought it was my hearing.

Ben
 
I'm changing my answer. I listened yesterday and mine did some popping and tinging. Wasn't very loud. It was the muffler and muffler shield doing it though, the engine and all was quiet.
 
The fuel tank on my 2017 EX quietly sighs when I park her in the garage. It's like she is sad the ride is over.

Probably more to do with the tank shrinking after being topped up with cold gasoline and the engine no longer warming it however.
 
I'm guessing it's more a emission related fuel tank purge, but I like your imagery better.


Nortoon_imp said:
The fuel tank on my 2017 EX quietly sighs when I park her in the garage. It's like she is sad the ride is over.

Probably more to do with the tank shrinking after being topped up with cold gasoline and the engine no longer warming it however.
 
Back
Top