Encounter

Pauley

Been there
Thread starter
My wife sent me on an errand to the drug store yesterday evening to pick up a prescription. I took my CB. As I was locking my helmet up when I got there, a guy walked up to me in the parking lot saying, in a thick Russian accent, that is a beautiful bike! Is it a 750? What year is it? Did you do the restoration yourself? When I told him it was a 2013, CB1100, modern fuel injection, ABS brakes, etc. he was floored.

He told me that when he was a teenager in Moscow, he would see from time to time some "Party members" riding around on Honda CBs and he would always think to himself someday he would emigrate to America and HE would be riding around on a CB.

I put it up on the center stand and let my new Russian friend sit on it for a few minutes. He looked happier than a pig in s#$t. I told him if he wanted one, all he had to do was see Big Rich at the Hayward, CA dealer.
 
Hi pauley,

You gave him the perfect advise ..

I was in east bay motorsports in Hayward, ca yesterday at lunch to pick up some oil and they still have the last remaining cb on the floor ..

There were 2 left when I picked mine up on jan 3, 2014 .. I picked the one with the last four vin 1418 as I felt it was "lucky" and it had only O.7 mile on odometer .. I dealt with Marty and was bs'ing with rich as well ..


Cheers.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, the Hayward dealer is a friendly place - I chose to buy from them over the one closer to me for that reason. Interesting they still have one 2013 left - wonder who will get it.
 
Pauley_imp said:
Yeah, the Hayward dealer is a friendly place - I chose to buy from them over the one closer to me for that reason. Interesting they still have one 2013 left - wonder who will get it.
We should have gone in together with a buy 2 get 1 free deal !!

But seriously if my riding buddy didn't pass away couple of years ago we would have picked up one each ... RIP JMA ..
 
Thread starter
I was at East Bay Motorsports in Hayward, CA today to get my 600 mile service. Rode there and back in the rain and found out my waterproof gloves are not even close to waterproof.

That last beautiful red (of course) 2013 CB1100 is still sitting there, marked down $600.
 
I swear there is no such thing as a waterproof textile or leather glove
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I swear there is no such thing as a waterproof textile or leather glove
Know anything about these Ferret? http://www.airhawk.com.au/products.php?product_category_id=53
Know anything about these Ferret? http://www.airhawk.com.au/products.php?product_category_id=53
Those are over gloves? Pricey little buggers. I think Aerostitch here in the states sells something similar.

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/rain-glove-covers/aerostich-triple-digit-covers.html

Heres an inexpensive option

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/rain-glove-covers/rain-glove-covers.html

But I was talking about gloves that are advertised as " waterproof" and none of them seem to be! I've had 1/2 doz " waterproof" gloves that weren't.
 
I think I like the idea of an over glove (either of Ferret's links), but I worry less about my hands being wet as I do about them staying warm. My preference is to have heated grips and wear a glove that doesn't lose its thermal capabilities when damp and which can radiate the heat from the grips around my hand. Try looking for a glove that is lined with Outlast material. May still buy some heavy duty dish gloves, though...stylin.
 
Ideally there would be a warm glove that would keep the rain out! Like searching for Leprechauns ... or Big Foot..or Nessie
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ideally there would be a warm glove that would keep the rain out! Like searching for Leprechauns ... or Big Foot..or Nessie
LOL. Someone is going to post a grainy pic of a pair of gloves in the woods with a caption "Proof that waterproof insulated gloves exist!"
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I swear there is no such thing as a waterproof textile or leather glove
Know anything about these Ferret? http://www.airhawk.com.au/products.php?product_category_id=53
Know anything about these Ferret? http://www.airhawk.com.au/products.php?product_category_id=53
Those are over gloves? Pricey little buggers. I think Aerostitch here in the states sells something similar.

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/rain-glove-covers/aerostich-triple-digit-covers.html

Heres an inexpensive option

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/rain-glove-covers/rain-glove-covers.html

But I was talking about gloves that are advertised as " waterproof" and none of them seem to be! I've had 1/2 doz " waterproof" gloves that weren't.
I'm with you. Although I did hear that, wherever you find rocking horse cuss, you find waterproof motorcycle gloves.

I've had overgloves in the past and they were very effective. I'll have to track down some more. Thanks for the cheaper options.
 
Back
Top