emptysea
Road warrior
Thanks for the heads up, JD. All I know at this piping is the batteries charged quickly. Next cold day, I’ll test the battery life.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
So, I've worn these on two rides. I think it is important to note that one ride was 15 miles @ about 3 degrees Fahrenheit and the other was about 12 miles @ about 24 degrees Fahrenheit. It is also important to note that I do not have heated grips or hand guards. I feel that those temps are on the "extreme" side of things and it may be unrealistic to expect these gloves to keep my hands "warm" at these low temps. However, they should at least keep my hands from feeling cold. They did not.EmptySea_imp said:Just bought these. Rechargeable batteries. Supposed to work for at least 3 hours on High, longer if I don’t need to be as toasty. 55 tomorrow, so I won’t be testing them anytime soon, but I will report back once I do
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't recommend a vest for riding because your upper arms tend to get the coldest...you need heat there.EmptySea_imp said:My wife bought the women's version of this jacket a couple of years ago. Mobile Warming Technology | Battery-Heated Clothing
It's from Mobile Warming, some of whose products are sold at The Warming Store (see Stichill's recommendation). It can run on battery or 12v. If I recall, the sleeve heating elements do not activate when plugged to the battery. My wife loves this jacket. In fact, she wore it to work today because it's a little chilly here.
I was originally looking for a 12v heated vest liner for on my bike and a waterproof, fleece-lined shell (ie Northface jacket) because I don't have a mid-weight winter jacket. I tend to like multi-tasking gadgets and gear, so I am now considering the Mobile Warming dual-power jacket for myself. It's a little pricey, but I'm getting two jackets in one (three, if I can golf in it) or their dual-powered vest. Thanks, Stichill, for posting about The Warming Store which got me thinking about multi-tasking apparel...very helpful.
Addendum -- I won't be getting the vest because I cannot connect gloves to it...well, maybe I could connect gloves to the integrated hookup for pants, but that seems cumbersome. Also, all of this assumes that I can plug in any glove with a compatible connector, which I think is true.
Those little chemical hand warmers work great in my boots. You can buy them by the ton at Costco or BJs or one of those big box places.EmptySea_imp said:What are folks doing about their toesies? I don't think I need heated pants, but my feet do get cold. Battery-heated socks?