ECU tuning

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I had the thread open on my PC but went out for the afternoon...came home- saw there was several post- but did not read any of them.

I click to the 1st page first - to start back at the earlier stuff so I didn't miss anything....and it then said the whole thread was gone- so I can't read ANY of it.

I *COMPLETELY* disagree with the deletion of ENTIRE conversations / controlling of narrative that happens here. You might as well burn books you don't like either.

As far as I know- anywhere in the world- you need to be an ADULT to ride a motorcycle- so pull up your big boy pants moderators and deal with reality.

This isn't kindergarten. Stop being nazi control freaks.
 
That’s a pity 1973cb750. Well, in my opinion. There was good information there and many of us are interested in whether you’ll be able to crack the secrets of the ECU. Please keep us posted.

PowerDubs, I’m not rehashing the reasons we moderate the way we do. Suffice it to say the only entire thread I’ve ever deleted was by accident. There is no control of the narrative here except when members become belligerent.
 
Feel better now Powerdubs learning it wasnt the Nazi control freaks in little boy pants moderators responsible for the deletion of the thread?

An apology would be nice
 
Thread starter
Yea guys- sorry!!

Not often a thread disappears...and since we can't do it ourselves... never would have guessed the OP would have requested it.
 
We have pretty simple standards for moderating. This is, has always been, and will always be a family friendly forum as stated by the Owner. No dirty jokes, no dirty pictures, no foul language. Forum members are allowed to disagree with each other as long as they do not become belligerant. No personal attacks, name calling or insulting.

The post above calling us/comparing us (or anyone you don't agree with) to book burning Nazi's, would normally be deleted and could warrant the poster a time out (temporary or permanent ban), but I felt it was important for members to understand, THIS IS NOT the way to post here. It is unacceptable.

Saying you don't agree with how something was moderated is fine, we can discuss it, and maybe all come to an understanding, but to launch into a name calling, insulting tirade, is not how we do things here.

Many forum members feel and have stated this is the best, most accepting forum on the internet. There's a reason for that, and as long as forum members follow the rules, it will remain that way.

Cormanus and I are not on power trips, we recieve no compensation for moderating. It is totally voluntary, and requires that we spend a lot of time reading every single post, every day, whether the subject interests us or not. Every single post, every single day, for the last 10 years.


Many forum members feel and have stated this is the best, most accepting forum on the internet. There's a reason for that, and as long as forum members follow the rules, it will remain that way.

Its really simple, as long as you all are well mannered and play nice, we as moderators will stay out of it, as far as moderating goes.
 
I had a severe brain injury when I was 17. That makes it very hard for me to not do run on sentences yet I get grief. That being said I cant make a post to teach anyone how to or what I'm doin when all the replies are negative. In such a way that every one is arguing why it shouldn't be done. my post what to be informative not a debate.
I am not trading or getting rid of my cb its my forever bike ill buy others I have others that are much faster. the goal was to squeeze what we can out of the cb to see what's possible that's it

I build engines in my spare time i understand the limits of what the cb top end can offer that's not the point

point was to do what Guhl started and figure out how he did it. he claimed he's the only one to crack the stock ecu with no internal mods, well he's not any more.

if some one ever wanted to do forced induction this would be how to make it happen a power commander isn't going to work. a ecu tune will, low compression is good for forced induction I can see a cb1100 making 150hp with a few lbs of boost



biggest complaint are the people saying im ruining a good bike, or its unnecessary or the one that said i'll run over a toddler going to fast ??? well the oem limiter is 110 you're gona die or kill a pedestrian at 110 just as bad as you would at 130 what's the difference Also to that point my reasoning is for drag racing and closed course racing. I did test this on the interstate a quick test at my own risk bash me for that I can see but no one did


point is i'm not going to take the time to make a informative post if 3 out of 4 post is a debate argument its not good for the topic or the person reading this in 5 years wanting to tune a bike. the way the epa is going the power commanders are going to disappear this may be a only option. anyone with a different header from stock is lean needs tuned and will cause engine damage. id like to keep all these bikes on the road

That's enough from me I will re create a new thread if that's what people want want and not a debate contest

sorry about grammar spelling and punctuation its not something I'm good at never will be
 
I second the last moderator statement since I do the same daily chores on the other side and appreciate the effort here.

Fortunately, hard actions for me have mostly been related to ill-intended [temporary] new members trying to take advantage of others, and very rarely about members being bullies or belligerent. Borderline "porn" has been the other challenge. :dodgy:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I second the last moderator statement since I do the same daily chores on the other side and appreciate the effort here.

Fortunately, hard actions for me have mostly been related to ill-intended [temporary] new members trying to take advantage of others, and very rarely about members being bullies or belligerent. Borderline "porn" has been the other challenge. :dodgy:

all borderline porn should be sent to my inbox for disposal
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea guys- sorry!!

Not often a thread disappears...and since we can't do it ourselves... never would have guessed the OP would have requested it.
sorry dubs was very upset at some of the comments I am pro free speech just felt my good intentions where being wasted corrupted and made not useful
 
1973cb750_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I second the last moderator statement since I do the same daily chores on the other side and appreciate the effort here.

Fortunately, hard actions for me have mostly been related to ill-intended [temporary] new members trying to take advantage of others, and very rarely about members being bullies or belligerent. Borderline "porn" has been the other challenge. :dodgy:

all borderline porn should be sent to my inbox for disposal
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea guys- sorry!!

Not often a thread disappears...and since we can't do it ourselves... never would have guessed the OP would have requested it.
sorry dubs was very upset at some of the comments I am pro free speech just felt my good intentions where being wasted corrupted and made not useful
all borderline porn should be sent to my inbox for disposal
:rofl:
 
I think it's unrealistic to not expect some negativity in most threads, after all this is the world wide web, we have 6,000+ members from 21 countries and you can't expect everyone to agree on everything, whether it's performance, appearance, maintenance, or use. Most who follow a thread do so for the positive comments and disregard the negative ones.

If someone wanted to make a CB 1100 into a 70's era chopper with high bars, step seat, extended front end, short rear shocks and 4 into 4 drag pipes, with flames on the tank, just like they did their CB 750 back in the day, in his mind it may be the most beautiful motorcycle on the planet, and even though he has every right to make it how he likes it, I'm sure he would get some push back from guys who can't understand why he would want to ruin the looks, ruin the handling, make it so loud.... and that would have to be expected. People can't seem to all agree on anything, and never have. Human nature. 50% of marriages end in divorce and this involves only 2 people who pledged to love each other forever at one time. Heck we even get negative comments on something as benign as Rlet's lol

When you post something on a public social platform, you have to accept that some are going to comment negatively, no matter what you do. My suggestion is to ignore them and move on.
 
I understand that but it subtracts from a informative gathering of information, I was taught to say nice things or don't say them theirs are a lot of stupid dumb looking cbs on here I never say something that's their bike each to their own. 1-2 comments is ok to express one's opinion 5 is not needed and i'm not going to deal with that i'll take my information elsewhere.



have you ever been searching a post on how to repair something or complete a taste and you come across 38 pages of arguments. they don't solve the problem its a waste of energy and work when the answer could be their . most will give up looking because of the bickering


hard to ignore a flood of negative opinions on a topic that is meant to teach
 
Understood 1973cb750, it's just how things are these days. Hard to understand for this 72 year old.

It's like looking for a review on a product. My brother and I call them best/worst's. For some it's the best product they have ever used and they spout the benefits endlessly. For other's it's the worst pos ever made, a waste of money and not worth buying. Sort of makes reading the reviews of anything useless.

My brother was recently getting transferred to another hospital where they were qualified to do this artery closing procedure he needed. I looked up reviews on the place, reported to be one of the top 5 hospitals in the country, and the number of reviewers that gave it a 1 out of 5 and voiced endless complaints was astonishing. I was afraid of them taking him there, but it was fine, his surgeon did his job, the nurses and dieticians were outstanding and he was released in 2 days seemingly good as new.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Understood 1973cb750, it's just how things are these days. Hard to understand for this 72 year old.

It's like looking for a review on a product. My brother and I call them best/worst's. For some it's the best product they have ever used and they spout the benefits endlessly. For other's it's the worst pos ever made, a waste of money and not worth buying. Sort of makes reading the reviews of anything useless.

My brother was recently getting transferred to another hospital where they were qualified to do this artery closing procedure he needed. I looked up reviews on the place, reported to be one of the top 5 hospitals in the country, and the number of reviewers that gave it a 1 out of 5 and voiced endless complaints was astonishing. I was afraid of them taking him there, but it was fine, his surgeon did his job, the nurses and dieticians were outstanding and he was released in 2 days seemingly good as new.
thats terrible
 
1973cb750, thanks for sharing your story.

Stick to your efforts and tell us about them. We’re interested.

Ferret, thanks for your reminder of the rules. I needed to sleep on the more detailed response I planned.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
1973cb750, thanks for sharing your story.

Stick to your efforts and tell us about them. We’re interested.

Ferret, thanks for your reminder of the rules. I needed to sleep on the more detailed response I planned.


Agreed.
 
1973cb750_imp said:
I had a severe brain injury when I was 17. That makes it very hard for me to not do run on sentences yet I get grief. That being said I cant make a post to teach anyone how to or what I'm doin when all the replies are negative. In such a way that every one is arguing why it shouldn't be done. my post what to be informative not a debate.
I am not trading or getting rid of my cb its my forever bike ill buy others I have others that are much faster. the goal was to squeeze what we can out of the cb to see what's possible that's it

I build engines in my spare time i understand the limits of what the cb top end can offer that's not the point

point was to do what Guhl started and figure out how he did it. he claimed he's the only one to crack the stock ecu with no internal mods, well he's not any more.

if some one ever wanted to do forced induction this would be how to make it happen a power commander isn't going to work. a ecu tune will, low compression is good for forced induction I can see a cb1100 making 150hp with a few lbs of boost



biggest complaint are the people saying im ruining a good bike, or its unnecessary or the one that said i'll run over a toddler going to fast ??? well the oem limiter is 110 you're gona die or kill a pedestrian at 110 just as bad as you would at 130 what's the difference Also to that point my reasoning is for drag racing and closed course racing. I did test this on the interstate a quick test at my own risk bash me for that I can see but no one did


point is i'm not going to take the time to make a informative post if 3 out of 4 post is a debate argument its not good for the topic or the person reading this in 5 years wanting to tune a bike. the way the epa is going the power commanders are going to disappear this may be a only option. anyone with a different header from stock is lean needs tuned and will cause engine damage. id like to keep all these bikes on the road

That's enough from me I will re create a new thread if that's what people want want and not a debate contest

sorry about grammar spelling and punctuation its not something I'm good at never will be
Hey, I also have been suffering from a Traumatic Brain Injury for the past 3 years. Got shipped home in a wheel chair and have been doing different forms of physical therapy 4-6x per week since then with a few surgeries thrown in and lots of ER visits.. In a F'ed up way I'm happy to be able to relate to someone else in that way within this community.

Don't feel discouraged there are always a few guys that are "purists" that think bikes are made perfect by the factory and shouldn't be changed.

I'm also the youngest guy here (maybe not with the new members recently) but sometimes you can tell the older guys don't translate their sarcasm or intentions as well or throw in an LOL to show you what they said was a joke haha. If you dont understand some of the members personalities yet some of what they say might come off as serious.

At least among the "main" active members I believe there has been alot of interest in a solution to flash the ECUs even if we already have had it done by Guhl or not. For the most part we really enjoy and appreciate building a "Knowledge Database" as a forum (I think) and we try to do more write ups and share education on a particular subject. We obviously debate some topics like the best oil /filter or best tire but thats just the nature of the beast.

The oil topic will at least be settled one day sooner than Ferret will wash his bike!

1973, I for one would really appreciate if you did a write up with some pictures or videos of how to do the Flash or what anyone would need to know and purchase. The pictures tend to help me with the comprehension and visualization these days.

Either way I'm glad to have you on board and hope whatever happened in the other thread didn't discourage your participation here. The Mods are great guys and Powerdubs is awesome also.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
1973, I for one would really appreciate if you did a write up with some pictures or videos of how to do the Flash or what anyone would need to know and purchase. The pictures tend to help me with the comprehension and visualization these days.

I agree with MKV here. A tech write up would be great. I for one am not going to mess with flashing a ECU without knowing exactly what to do. They cost a lot and I would hate to brick one! :D
 
I appreciate your work. I have no issues with the way the CB runs, but can't stand that rev/top speed limiter and would love to have it removed!
 
Back
Top