ECU installed

Yes CIP, I figured as much. We're not very streamlined and we're severely drag limited!
Eric is extremely happy with the CB, and even more so now with the added punch and the extra top end. Nice to know its there ;)
 
I would assume Don used the same settings he gathered while my 2013 CB was on his Dyno in his shop, on your 2014...he is not going to be guessing on your ECU without having your bike in his possession.
 
CIP57_imp said:
The CB is very stable at speed, it just takes a lot of road to get there. Going through the 130's takes some time. With stock gearing its a slow process, with the 19-38 gears I shift out of third at 125mph and fourth pulls pretty strong up to 142 (GPS corrected) I hit a stone wall there (she's tapped out) with the speedo buried at 140 for a while. I think if i hit fifth i might go backwards:) There is about a 5mph correction between the speedo and gps.

I also have a extra 500rpm's on top which will read 9500 instead of 9000 off by 500.

On the dyno my fourth gear tops out at 155 but the bike cannot push enough air to get there. Not to shabby for an 87HP bike.
Interesting stuff. Makes me wonder what one you get this bike through the 1/4 mile in with an unrestricted ECU. The Cycleworld testing had the 2013 tripping the lights with a trap speed of 112 which is also the bike's terminal speed. I wonder how long it was bouncing off the limiter.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
The CB is very stable at speed, it just takes a lot of road to get there. Going through the 130's takes some time. With stock gearing its a slow process, with the 19-38 gears I shift out of third at 125mph and fourth pulls pretty strong up to 142 (GPS corrected) I hit a stone wall there (she's tapped out) with the speedo buried at 140 for a while. I think if i hit fifth i might go backwards:) There is about a 5mph correction between the speedo and gps.

I also have a extra 500rpm's on top which will read 9500 instead of 9000 off by 500.

On the dyno my fourth gear tops out at 155 but the bike cannot push enough air to get there. Not to shabby for an 87HP bike.
Interesting stuff. Makes me wonder what one you get this bike through the 1/4 mile in with an unrestricted ECU. The Cycleworld testing had the 2013 tripping the lights with a trap speed of 112 which is also the bike's terminal speed. I wonder how long it was bouncing off the limiter.
Interesting stuff. Makes me wonder what one you get this bike through the 1/4 mile in with an unrestricted ECU. The Cycleworld testing had the 2013 tripping the lights with a trap speed of 112 which is also the bike's terminal speed. I wonder how long it was bouncing off the limiter.
With the QmileT app for the iphone which is gps tracked i pulled of a 11.18 @ 119 of course thats a .00 reaction time
 
That's a great reaction time ..I bet Gadson can't pull that one off lol
 
I wonder what Ricky Gadson's reaction time really is? Bet it's miniscule.

Found it

During the semi-finals, Gadson faced another ZX-14 that was also an Adams Performance machine. When the bikes crossed the quarter mile the times and speeds were identical down to the hundredth. Since Gadson’s reaction time was a .085 to his competitors’ .107, Gadson took the win and moved to the finals.
 
Thread starter
CIP I D/L that same app as you and I can't get it to work. All mine does is swap from mph to kph but it want start the timing or speed
 
The ferret_imp said:
I wonder what Ricky Gadson's reaction time really is? Bet it's miniscule.

Found it

During the semi-finals, Gadson faced another ZX-14 that was also an Adams Performance machine. When the bikes crossed the quarter mile the times and speeds were identical down to the hundredth. Since Gadson’s reaction time was a .085 to his competitors’ .107, Gadson took the win and moved to the finals.
I'm sure its low. I read a article which claims most of the test by magazines zero out reaction times at the request of the manufactures.
 
CIP57_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I wonder what Ricky Gadson's reaction time really is? Bet it's miniscule.

Found it

During the semi-finals, Gadson faced another ZX-14 that was also an Adams Performance machine. When the bikes crossed the quarter mile the times and speeds were identical down to the hundredth. Since Gadson’s reaction time was a .085 to his competitors’ .107, Gadson took the win and moved to the finals.
I'm sure its low. I read a article which claims most of the test by magazines zero out reaction times at the request of the manufactures.
I'm sure its low. I read a article which claims most of the test by magazines zero out reaction times at the request of the manufactures.

Really? Wow, that doesn't sound above board. Of course with Gadson doing the riding it's hardly worth worrying about.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
CIP I D/L that same app as you and I can't get it to work. All mine does is swap from mph to kph but it want start the timing or speed
Michael,

Make sure your GPS is on on the iphone for tracking. My app works great, try it in your car a few times to figure out how it works.
 
Thread starter
My other GPS apps work great maybe I need to delete the app and reinstall it. Heck I don't know LOL
Thanks Cormanus
 
No worries, Ridem. I've just downloaded the app for a bit of a play.
 
Ridem32' pid='67089' dateline='1416876331 said:
When push the armed button it does nothing. I don't see another start button.

Close the app completely, next time your in your car put it on the dash and let it find the five satellites necessary to work. Once it finds them the armed light will come on, than start driving. You need to hit the save button quickly after the run otherwise it reverts back to armed again.
 
Thread starter
Oh ok. I will try that. So it arms itself when app is open then when you start moving the movement of the speed starts it?
 
Zero'ing out reaction times is a good idea as you can't control the rider which will vary from magazine to magazine. Since a lot of arm chair racing is done with those published figures. Being at the mercy of poor slow slob just aint kosher.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Oh ok. I will try that. So it arms itself when app is open then when you start moving the movement of the speed starts it?
Yes, once the armed icon lights up your GPS has found the Satellites, when you come to a stop push the armed button, it will start tracking with movement.
 
Back
Top