ECU installed

Reaction time is just that, and has no bearing on QM time. The only time it comes into play is when racing like mentioned above.
 
How did you get on Ridem? I got it to work all right. As soon as the ARMED light goes out all you have to do is start moving and it starts recording. Even thought it lets you display the speed in kms, I can't see that it lets you measure 0-100 kph which is the standard measure used here.
 
Thread starter
Mine still don't work maybe it's where I live. Way out in the sticks. Just confused because all my other GPS stuff works. I will try it again in a different area. Maybe the satellites not hitting me.
 
You can tell if the GPS is working. You get a little arrow (pointing up and to the right) on the top right hand side of the screen, to the left of the battery level. Unless you've somehow turned it off, the GPS works independently of the phone or WiFi signal. But it can take some time for any GPS device to find a signal.
 
I'm very interested in having this done. Fortunately, I have my VFR to ride while the ECU from the CB is at Guhl's. For those of you more mechanically inclined than I am (that means just about all of you), why was our engine limited in the first place? Are there risks to long-term performance or reliability associated with reflashing the ECU? Also, I have plans to install a Yoshimura RSCV full exhaust. If I have the reflash done first, will there be issues with proper mapping and, if so, what would be the most effective way to address those issues? PC-V? Shop tune? I imagine the wise course would be to install the Yoshi system then have Guhls reflash to take that into account.

Another option ... just leave the bike alone. Haha. Somehow, I think that's unlikely.
 
Thread starter
Japan restrict it due to their speed limits. The UK bikes don't have the limiter on them. No harm will be done to bike. If your getting a full exhaust for sure just tell Don and he will include that in the reflash!! I sent him mine over nite and he did mine that same day and over nite it back (2) day service for $375 best mod for the CB1100.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Japan restrict it due to their speed limits. The UK bikes don't have the limiter on them. No harm will be done to bike. If your getting a full exhaust for sure just tell Don and he will include that in the reflash!! I sent him mine over nite and he did mine that same day and over nite it back (2) day service for $375 best mod for the CB1100.
Thanks Ridem32. It sounds like waiting until I've installed my full exhaust is the way to go. That will be after Christmas as I have a lot of people to shop for other than myself. I'm curious as to how he will know what the proper mapping is unless he's reflashed a CB1100 with the same exhaust system. I suspect a dyno tune would be needed. Your thoughts?
 
Thread starter
Don knows enough about exhaust that he can get it tuned. If it was me I would still run my 02 sensor. If it's a deluxe model you have 2. But I bet the full exhaust don't have a bung for 02 sensor. Check on your exhaust and call Don before you send it to him. He will know what to do. Don is very helpfull and will let you know what's best.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
Japan restrict it due to their speed limits. The UK bikes don't have the limiter on them. No harm will be done to bike. If your getting a full exhaust for sure just tell Don and he will include that in the reflash!! I sent him mine over nite and he did mine that same day and over nite it back (2) day service for $375 best mod for the CB1100.
Thanks Ridem32. It sounds like waiting until I've installed my full exhaust is the way to go. That will be after Christmas as I have a lot of people to shop for other than myself. I'm curious as to how he will know what the proper mapping is unless he's reflashed a CB1100 with the same exhaust system. I suspect a dyno tune would be needed. Your thoughts?
Thanks Ridem32. It sounds like waiting until I've installed my full exhaust is the way to go. That will be after Christmas as I have a lot of people to shop for other than myself. I'm curious as to how he will know what the proper mapping is unless he's reflashed a CB1100 with the same exhaust system. I suspect a dyno tune would be needed. Your thoughts?
M,

I have the same exhaust you want to put on and have had my bike flashed with the stock PCV map. I runs great and adds about 8% HP. I recently put in a call to a local tuner and e-mailed him my dyno and A/F ratio charts. There is a bit more that you could get out of a personal tune but not enough he felt would be worth it, we looked at my chart along with a member here who has had there stock bike mapped. If you have Don put the stock PCV map in you'll be happy.
 
CIP57_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
Japan restrict it due to their speed limits. The UK bikes don't have the limiter on them. No harm will be done to bike. If your getting a full exhaust for sure just tell Don and he will include that in the reflash!! I sent him mine over nite and he did mine that same day and over nite it back (2) day service for $375 best mod for the CB1100.
Thanks Ridem32. It sounds like waiting until I've installed my full exhaust is the way to go. That will be after Christmas as I have a lot of people to shop for other than myself. I'm curious as to how he will know what the proper mapping is unless he's reflashed a CB1100 with the same exhaust system. I suspect a dyno tune would be needed. Your thoughts?
Thanks Ridem32. It sounds like waiting until I've installed my full exhaust is the way to go. That will be after Christmas as I have a lot of people to shop for other than myself. I'm curious as to how he will know what the proper mapping is unless he's reflashed a CB1100 with the same exhaust system. I suspect a dyno tune would be needed. Your thoughts?
M,

I have the same exhaust you want to put on and have had my bike flashed with the stock PCV map. I runs great and adds about 8% HP. I recently put in a call to a local tuner and e-mailed him my dyno and A/F ratio charts. There is a bit more that you could get out of a personal tune but not enough he felt would be worth it, we looked at my chart along with a member here who has had there stock bike mapped. If you have Don put the stock PCV map in you'll be happy.
Thanks Ridem32. It sounds like waiting until I've installed my full exhaust is the way to go. That will be after Christmas as I have a lot of people to shop for other than myself. I'm curious as to how he will know what the proper mapping is unless he's reflashed a CB1100 with the same exhaust system. I suspect a dyno tune would be needed. Your thoughts?
M,

I have the same exhaust you want to put on and have had my bike flashed with the stock PCV map. I runs great and adds about 8% HP. I recently put in a call to a local tuner and e-mailed him my dyno and A/F ratio charts. There is a bit more that you could get out of a personal tune but not enough he felt would be worth it, we looked at my chart along with a member here who has had there stock bike mapped. If you have Don put the stock PCV map in you'll be happy.
Very helpful info! Thank you!
 
Hey Mike (ridem)

Does Don's overnight price include your dog chewing up our service manual? :P

Sorry, couldn't resist :hello:
 
Thread starter
Lol popgun!!!! FedEx paid Don and Don went to honda dealership and bought me one and overnight it to me. I still got the old chewed up one in my shop. Boy was I mad and it was raining that day!
 
When Don had my 2013 on his Dyno, it had the Staintune on it, I had given him the stock muffler too, but I don't think he had time to put it on and check on the Dyno.
So I would assume anyone asking for a flashed ECU, will basically get the one I have on my CB now.
I'm sure it would work with just about any exhaust you put on, and certainly better than one that has not been flashed with fuel settings.
If he does not have your CB on his Dyno, he would be guessing at any changes other than what he did while my CB was on his Dyno.
I believe with CIP57, before he had mine on the Dyno he added PCV fuel settings, timing and speed limits off.
I believe Ridem32 only asked to have speed limits removed, no fuel maps or timing changes.
And even though my CB was on his Dyno, I would guess my ECU is fairly close to CIP's.
 
I sent Don an email asking his advice directly. I'm hoping he's enjoying the holiday with family and will get back to me some time next week. I'll share what I learn.
 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
Unless it's already been covered, what octane fuel are we to run with our re flashed CB's?
Flashing the CB does not change compression ratio therefore does require any more octane than stock. I run 89 octane, I've tried higher and with the pair mod you can smell more unburnt gas.
 
Don advanced the timing on my CB1100, he said there was a chance it could need or work better with premium......
I used to run regular(87) before my flash( timing tweaks), I have been running more premium(>91) since the flash, but it seems to do OK with 87 also,
 
I found a local station with 90 octane ethanol free. Ran through a tank of it yesterday. I don't know if it's just in my head but the bike seemed to run better, stronger. I have no way to know for sure though, unless I figure something out ;)
 
Back
Top