ECU FLASH IN PA

Thread starter
Why don't you ride by and see Don, let him put your bike on the Dyno to get some ####'s, you don't have to flash your drive just let him get the info he needs. I'm sure he's going to get the most out of the bike in all ranges. He's going to download the map from dynojet but would be much better to have a stock bike in his shop. :thumbsup:

Don 717-618-4212
This would nail it down for future members
 
Hiker if your close to Don go by there and help us ole guys out! I think Don will get a lot of ECM from just this forum! Do the 13 bikes hit the rev limit at. 8 k? I hit. 9k on mine without hitting the rev limit (2014)
Michael


3 rights make a left
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Hiker if your close to Don go by there and help us ole guys out! I think Don will get a lot of ECM from just this forum! Do the 13 bikes hit the rev limit at. 8 k? I hit. 9k on mine without hitting the rev limit (2014)
Michael


3 rights make a left


the 13s do have the rev limiter as well, not sure the rpm 8 or 9k. and i have read something as to gearing and rev limiter. have had mine kick in in first only
 
Cip57: I got my 2014 shop manual first thing I did was look at the wiring diagram wow is it different from the 13 model. I have had my grandson every day so not been able to check out any more. But the flash for the 13 &14 will be different. When I get time I will do more research on the. 14 going on a trip first Thursday in May ( this week. ) :) not sure yet which bike I'm riding the CB or the ST
Michael
 
My ECU is in Dons hands! :) beware CIP :)
I could not sleep last nite: my wife said what's wrong my sweetheart I said in a said voice CIP has the fastest CB1100 on earth! But not for long. Haha :)
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
My ECU is in Dons hands! :) beware CIP :)
I could not sleep last nite: my wife said what's wrong my sweetheart I said in a said voice CIP has the fastest CB1100 on earth! But not for long. Haha :)
Your in good hands, looks like a top end run is in the near future:thumbsup:
Give yourself a lot of road, you'll need it. LOL was on my XX today 2 highway markers 3rd gear 135
 
Tripod: no top speed record as of yet! Hope to soon. Not sure about CIP! My bike does run great :) 2 other guys from the UK are sending theirs to Don! Rode my bike today filled tank reset meters and just putt putting 50 to 55 back roads with stop signs I was getting 64mpg in 6th gear!! I will post my top speed soon to let you know with a GPS. I talked to Don today he said he got a new flash for the goldwing and it will pull the front tire with out clutching it. He still wants and needs a CB1100 on the dyno. I'm getting my second deluxe flashed also just waiting on Don to get one on the dyno.
Michael
 
The CB1100 has been out a while, and people have been striving to get the most torque and power out of it. What is the latest consensus on how to maximize torque and hp? From my reading, it appears that the best setup so far is having a full exhaust without cat's, open the intake (or TSR Funnels), K&N Filter, and ECU reflash? Am I missing anything?

I have been waiting to start on my performance upgrades until we get some sort of consensus of what seems to work best...
 
Well, the PowerCommanderV adds fuel, so make sure you get the ECU flash that includes the PCV fuel enrichment, I believe CIP had his PCV fuel maps added to his ECU flash.
It would still be best if they could put a CB on the Dyno and tweak the ECU and actually see what they're doing and how it effects performance.
 
Tripod (I used to have a mate who called himself that for his "screen" work!)
Whilst I am not answering your question, have a look at this table:
a7076d8c26b6a09e228f420130fc94a0.jpg

No Mr Ferret please don't fret about copyright, I cut it out out from a free promotional publication over a year ago.

Anyway, given that the stroke on our bikes is shorter than the 1983 bike it should be capable of matching the revs. I appreciate that we are moving into cam shaft territory, that I for one certainly wouldn't want to move into for a number of years. But my point is to show the potential of where it could all go without being too extreme given time.
As to where we are now? Ridem and Cip will answer.

Cheers
Dengie
 
Thread starter
I've pushed 4th gear into the mid to upper 120's at 9000rpm's so its accurate at 7500 rpm's. For the amount of HP it has a very nice top end, it just takes a bit longer than a sport-bike to get there.
 
Cip
Impressive stuff. Remind me, are you on the 5 or 6 speed bike?
I know somebody has posted the difference in ratios between the 2 bikes but I can't find it anymore! I am not stressing about it - just when one of you has time could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers
Dengie
 
I am guessing that the compression ratio is that bit higher on the 30 year old engine because the throw off the crank is that bit longer?
5 minute job then to swop out the crankshaft :idea::huh:

Cheers
Dengie
 
Dengie Boy_imp said:
Tripod (I used to have a mate who called himself that for his "screen" work!)
Whilst I am not answering your question, have a look at this table:
a7076d8c26b6a09e228f420130fc94a0.jpg

No Mr Ferret please don't fret about copyright, I cut it out out from a free promotional publication over a year ago.

Anyway, given that the stroke on our bikes is shorter than the 1983 bike it should be capable of matching the revs. I appreciate that we are moving into cam shaft territory, that I for one certainly wouldn't want to move into for a number of years. But my point is to show the potential of where it could all go without being too extreme given time.
As to where we are now? Ridem and Cip will answer.

Cheers
Dengie
Am I to believe the UK/Euro bikes have no speed restriction from this?
 
This article, together with a report in MCN (I could share?) that I studied before buying my bike March 2013 led me to think exactly that. However, my shinanigans on the centre stand posted here ecu tell a different story. I am afraid Torts we have the same strangled machines our American cousins have :@

Cheers
Dengie
 
Just food for thought guys, but I wonder if our CB1100 mill is a candidate for a turbocharger? An old friend of mine had a turbocharged Kawi Z-1 back in the late '70s. I helped him build it. He used a kit that was on the market back then from a company call American TurboPak. We took the Z's mill apart and rebuilt it with heavy duty everything, down to the cylinder studs. Also used special low compression forged pistons, and cams that actually tamed the big Z a little. The idea was to strengthen the motor as much as possible for the stresses of turbocharging. The end result was a bike that was unbelievably quick and fast for it's time, he clocked 9.6 in the quarter mile with terminal speeds of 148+ mph. In 1978, that was screamin'.

Seems to me that our CB1100 mill might take better to that sort of mod than taking the conventional route, but would need someone to design a turbo kit for it, probably rather unlikely. Oh well, just a thought.
 
Back
Top