ECU (aka ECM) Reset

snackie_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have a 2014 CB1100 that is idling very high (1500-2000 rpm) when warmed up. Does anyone know the procedure for resetting the ECU (aka ECM)?

Thanks,

Bryan
 
Hi brian, the procedure is; switch on, wait for the fuelpump and meters to finish and roll on throttle slowly 2 times full open throttle and switch off, don't start the engine during this procedure, the ecu has now re-learned the tps range.

sometimes switch off and on may reseat the iacv and help a bit depending on how severe the situation is, here is a limk to your issue; http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....0&page=98.

Basically the iacv needs to be replaced, we don't know what causes the failure yet but we do know this solves the issue.

See how you go and thanks for posting
 
Thread starter
Max,

Thanks very much. I had read the other posts and know I probably have to replace the IACV, thought I'd go for the quick fix till I get the part.

Thanks again,

Bryan
 
Back
Top