ECROW aka 44-47

Wait…, there is such a thing as a gas pump that doesn’t have that pull back collar?

I haven’t seen one in a long long long time….

Yea- I live in Jersey- and I hate filling up a motorcycle at ANY gas station. Taking off gloves… fumbling for wallet…


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Ok finished my evening snack....

So how do you shut those things off at the right time without spilling gas all over your tank, engine, exhaust pipes? Grrrr
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok finished my evening snack....

So how do you shut those things off at the right time without spilling gas all over your tank, engine, exhaust pipes? Grrrr
lol - so do you mean to say that the pump(s) don't force a stop when fuel back pressure is detected as the tank fill reaches liquid capacity? :huh:
 
Thread starter
Tank necks on CB are not deep enough to trigger the pull back cover so you have to hover it over the tank and pull it back with your one hand while working the squeeze handle with the other hand. And of course then I couldnt see the level in the tank so it pumped gas everywhere on the bike on the ground etc. Remember this is the first time I have used one of these type of things since my trip to California 8 years ago. It was very frustrating.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Tank necks on CB are not deep enough to trigger the pull back cover so you have to hover it over the tank and pull it back with your one hand while working the squeeze handle with the other hand. And of course then I couldnt see the level in the tank so it pumped gas everywhere on the bike on the ground etc. Remember this is the first time I have used one of these type of things since my trip to California 8 years ago. It was very frustrating.
Ah, understood. I guess I hoover over the motorcycle tank and didn't realize it. Nonetheless, you'd think the pump ought to stop once the nozzle was backed up. Silly.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Well done, Ferret. And EmptySea.And Inhouse Bob.

Actually … was it really IHB or his doppelgänger? It doesn’t seem to have rained much. I suspect he’s in Queensland, Australia at the moment as it’s raining without let up.
We did get a bit of rain, but the gods were merciful.:excited:
The ferret_imp said:
Inhouse Bob and the Capitol of the United States

2cbbf9d10506d0c4672d4a982f01baa5.jpg
I do believe this was taken just moments after I blew through (and dragged the other two through) a red light right in front of a DC Blue Knight. He musta been sleeping :D
Sorry to be late to this thread. I haven't been paying proper attention to the forum since our return.
Mr. Ferret neglected to mention our traveling companion Ali... Ali-gator :D. Ali was up for every adventure. And meal.

That's Ali in front, MTC behind.

Some thoughts from the road...
My GPS sucks. Probably operator error.
Leading sucks. Probably operator error.
The bikes are awesome. MTC's was a trooper, despite what may have been operator error.

We made a quick swing through Annapolis, MD to see the sea.
[url=https://postimages.org/]

The folks who operate the Cape May Ferry are the best. Every one of them.
[url=https://postimages.org/]

Atlantic City could fall into the Atlantic and no one would be sorry except the Atlantic. But we did sleep well once the cops cleared out. And the Irish Pub was fun. Plus, there was a mural dedicated to Ali!
[url=https://postimages.org/]

The food along the way way was uniformly fine. Mr. Ferret might disagree :s
[url=https://postimages.org/]
[url=https://postimages.org/]
[url=https://postimages.org/]

Rhode Island is a small but lovely state. The morning along the seashore was the best part of the ride. Narragansett is a town to visit when you have the time.
[url=https://postimages.org/]

Stopping at the Honor Sites with MTC was a highlight. These little old New England towns are just chock full of interesting homes and city parks.
[url=https://postimages.org/]

Thanks to Mr. Ferret for having a dream, to MTC for going so far to make it happen, and to both for tolerating me and my GPS. It was a fine ride!
 
Thread starter
:rofl:

That was a GREAT report Bob!

I didn't realize you took so many photos of the gator lol, but they are all great.

It was a pleasure to have you lead us up the East Coast, and DC which seemed a little tricky to navigate at times. Food was fine, hotels were fine, weather was fine, riding was great, company was awesome.

Thanks again
 
A few pics from my collection -

From the Boarwalk, Atlantic City, NJ
410d86b7b45c617c1276d24192ec4558.jpg


Ali Gator was not the only one enjoying the views from the ferry

4f88127237957c5c52397e0bef49bc97.jpg


3d2aca08a12a489651dbad1426a96f30.jpg


Maryland, maybe? (photo by The Ferret)
fb46de55d16de132b1eb76bd45adf100.jpg


Nagansarette[sic] Sunset
fd6614031e89de4939bf54817186e0d3.jpg



Narangasette[sic] Night
d4a7bc458c523b43b088cadd27f44bc4.jpg


54596da99239429a8fcd5702265b6310.jpg


0938c8c44d7224708f98b8c3cc59c1b2.jpg


Narragansett Sunrise
3c3a2e58cc009b26f94f51f952aa6708.jpg


883a447e080d09e8f2cbeaddacc1bf96.jpg



From Limerick, PA
Ready Set...
ab2dd94a12878c9547f55486dad254e2.jpg
 
That woulda been a fun ride. Thanks for the pictures, gents.
 
Back
Top