ECROW aka 44-47

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Nicknamed the "East Coast Ride of Wonders", it was an excuse for two kind and generous forum members Inhouse Bob and Empty Sea to help a third, yours truly, capture 4 of the last 5 states I needed to complete my quest to ride all of the lower 48 states on a motorcycle.

These 4 states were all on the east coast. Delaware, Connecticut, New Jersey and Rhode Island, but would require Sea travelling from Chicago Illinois thru Indiana to Ohio to pick me up, then on thru West Virginia, Maryland, to Virginia to meet up with Bob.

824bacb98052d802a2de1d18545001f3.jpg


State #44 was Delaware

826c62ebea9e63382716984efeeb24be.jpg


Getting New Jersey required a hour and 10 minute Ferry ride but first Sea had to get through Security :rofl:

713319ad91d6ad181a52389304b3fa9e.jpg


On the other side of Delaware Bay was state #45 New Jersey

0d79f8c2c2b99a5298e91a254903a6b4.jpg


We spent the first night in Atlantic City New Jersey, weher we took a stroll down the infamous Board Walk

9b1c06a2cbf407709810a8469206d178.jpg


The CB's were a great way to travel

Matt

1447119648296c56bffa296294cd4a87.jpg


Bob

2f4004b4893bb87d8e4891878fecc9ce.jpg


Empty Sea got the opportunity to visit several Tour of Honor sites along the way

47b07778db1dff27e7b45be39efb77c3.jpg


State # 46 was Connecticut

47e362fc2aa5eabc5538ec202bd6c4a0.jpg


and that night we stayed in State # 47 Rhode Island in a cool little motel in a town called Narragansett on the Atlantic shoreline

37e79a449330a2a19d04d2b784f22d6a.jpg


66980baa157cc83743cb293baf9012e6.jpg


The next morning Matt showed his loyalty to the forum wearing this shirt

fe5d1a09084aafef6b44fbe0c6959c11.jpg


We headed for Pennsylvania to meet up with forum member # 4 Kiowa Eagle so we could celebrate his and mine birthdays

Empty Sea enjoying the ride

1e4756ac3cf00ea1f8ad3b4684e8b36f.jpg


to be continued...........
 
Thread starter
We met up with Kiowa Eagle at the motel in Limerick Pa.

b744d5b398bc3a3f70d43c3b0ed5b356.jpg


After a nice dinner at the "Duck Inn" (which included Duck Wings btw) we headed back to the hotel, while Kiowa Eagle and his brother Russ headed home.

The next morning, we rode on back to Inhouse Bob's in Va. That evening we went and played Trivia at a Pizza restaurant with Bob, his wife, one of their daughter's and their Trivia team where Sea impressed with his knowledge of 80's hip hop.

Sea, Bob and I left the restaurant early so that we could make a run into DC.

f29b1b5a536d0c31acae3e187d76f6c9.jpg


ff52e7cceb4f09072b63f3a3dbe8846d.jpg


the following day Sea and I headed back to my house in Ohio where we watched one of my grandson's baseball games and went out to dinner at Skyline Chili a Cinti delicacy.

This morning Sea headed back home to Chicago.


It's hard to describe the appreciate and gratitude I have for Inhouse Bob and Empty Sea in helping me gather up these states, which truthfully since my wife quit riding, I had given up on attempting to collect.

THANKS AGAIN, GENTLEMEN! I am truly honored and thrilled to have ridden along with you.

One more state to go, North Dakota, and again two forum members, Empty Sea (plus his lovely wife Cheryl) and Offroad4x4 have pledged to help me get. That is planned for next month.

also what were the Wonders on the East Coast? I'll be back in a bit with a list of those... stay tuned.
 
Well done, Ferret. And EmptySea.And Inhouse Bob.

Actually … was it really IHB or his doppelgänger? It doesn’t seem to have rained much. I suspect he’s in Queensland, Australia at the moment as it’s raining without let up.
 
Great job, ferret, my helmet’s off to you. You had me beat about 30 states ago. And gentlemen, thanks for escorting our friend even closer to his goal.
 
Wow, nice, long distance trip = congrats to you all and I am getting envy...
...but there is no word about KiowEagle's newly acquired DLX performance during this wonderful journey.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Wow, nice, long distance trip = congrats to you all and I am getting envy...
...but there is no word about KiowEagle's newly acquired DLX performance during this wonderful journey.
Russ & I were going to ride to go and meet them. Me on my DLX and Russ on his (my former) standard. I had visions of getting the rare group CB1100 pic, five together is pretty rare outside of a rally. But it was not to be, the ECROW group didn’t want to get in the saddle again so I picked them up in my car.

You’ll just have to wait for the rally to see my DLX Peter baron. :hello:
 
Thread starter
East Coast Ride of Wonders

the Wonders:

Wonder if Bob is going to turn off his turn signal?

Wonder if Sea is going to drop his bike turning right?

Wonder if Ferret knows what leaving a 2 second gap to the rider ahead of him means?

Wonder if Bob knows we got stuck at the light?

Wonder if Sea is going to smoke a cigar and drink a cocktail tonight?

Wonder if Ferret is going to order a Burger or Chicken Fingers?

Wonder how people here (Va, NY, NJ) put up with all this traffic?

Wonder if Bob realizes he's running 25 mph over the speed limit?

Wonder how many U turns we are going to have to pull before the GPS is happy?

Wonder who gets the solo room tonight?

Wonder if we should move over to the center lane or if we are going to exit soon?

Wonder if Ferret's burger is going to come out like he ordered it?

Wonder if Bob or Ferret are going to get seasick on the Ferry?

Wonder why we are stopping here?

Wonder why it took us 12 hours to go 300 miles?

more as I think of them. Bob and Sea can submit their own lol
 
Congrats Mickey on 47 states with #48 on the horizon. With the last state intact, you will have “one-upped” me… never been on 2 wheels in DC.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Very Cool The ferret! I imagine it is particularly gratifying to ride with forum friends and cover previously unvisited states when at one point you were considering giving up riding past a certain already-attained-age.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Wow, nice, long distance trip = congrats to you all and I am getting envy...
...but there is no word about KiowEagle's newly acquired DLX performance during this wonderful journey.
Russ & I were going to ride to go and meet them. Me on my DLX and Russ on his (my former) standard. I had visions of getting the rare group CB1100 pic, five together is pretty rare outside of a rally. But it was not to be, the ECROW group didn’t want to get in the saddle again so I picked them up in my car.

You’ll just have to wait for the rally to see my DLX Peter baron. :hello:
....... But it was not to be, the ECROW group didn’t want to get in the saddle again so I picked them up in my car.

You’ll just have to wait for the rally to see my DLX Peter baron. :hello:
Hmm, this will be very hard to achieve, since after 4 weeks in Europe, I'll be coming back to Canada on Sunday, Aug 22, and should go back to work the next day on Monday :-/
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Very Cool The ferret! I imagine it is particularly gratifying to ride with forum friends and cover previously unvisited states when at one point you were considering giving up riding past a certain already-attained-age.
Yes, the age thing and the medical issues I have had since 2017, plus the Covid lock down.

Sea and I talked about it on the way home from the trip, and I know that is only through THEIR generosity and determination that those states got ridden in. As it will be for next month's trip to North Dakota. For that I will be forever indebted and thankful to Matt, Bob and Paul (offroad) who have made attaining the goal possible.
 
Back
Top