Eat Sleep Ride app

I did a test of the tracking yesterday. I went where I knew there was no cell service and it worked just fine. Also if you save the track you can see your speeds and lean angles at any point on the route.
Kevin
 
Man I wish I could get it to work. I'll ask my son for help. I just did a test lap of a route I want to take the guys staying at my house before the rally on. 41 miles nothing but lean angles lol
 
Thread starter
Wow!! Marina, and Cormanus for reaching out to you, thanks.
I think you have a neat product! And Arva... if you're lurking in the background, thanks for turning us on to this app.
 
I was playing with ESR and it just crashed my iPad. The iPad said I had to re-authorize it. Everything came back, but I'm not sure ESR is ready for prime time on an iPad.

Edit: in doing some research, it may be an iTunes thing. I don't know. I'm leary of ESR now though. Never happened with anything else.
 
I'm in! Son came for dinner. Threw it in his lap and said fix this. Wouldn't work for him either in 4 or 5 attempts so he tried on their website on the PC.. Finally a prompt comes up that says only letters, numbers and hyphens in a name. I said all I had was letters, what else do I have. He says a space. So we take out the space and bam..I'm in. Of course it never gave me that prompt on the phone but then again I wouldn't have figured out the space was verbotten if they had anyway, lol so on there I am not The Ferret, I am TheFerret lol
 
I signed up. Capo. Just started populating it, looks like it could be a cool thing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Better do some following then!
 
Hmmm see some of you guys are tracking me. You must be bored.

Went for first ride with it this evening after a terrible down pour, so the roads were still wet.. still it said 35 point something miles, 48 minutes elapsed time..highest speed 65, average speed 43 mph, looks like left lean -15, max lean 67 (take that Lorenzo lol) , although largest number I saw running my finger along the little tracking dealy was 35 degrees.

The gps mapping was unbelievable and showed the exact route. Pretty cool app.will be fun to play with. Need to figure out this lean angle thing though.
 
ok anyone figure out what lean min and max means. Todays ride got a min -11 and a max 71. Also how do you name routes and how do you delete routes?

and now I am 'following" some of you back, but I have no idea what that means lol
 
Thread starter
Marina_imp said:
Hi, I wanted to answer some questions about whether the EatSleepRIDE Motorcycle GPS app (http://app.eatsleepride.com) requires cell service to be able to work. The answer is Yes and No. To login and find maps you need WiFi or cell service. But, once you're in, there's a number of features that are super useful without cell service or WiFi.

VIEW MAPS OFFLINE
All our motorcycle road maps are free. Search for maps and then add them to My Garage (bookmark icon) at which point you can view all your maps offline by going to Menu > My Garage. This is really useful if you're riding in the mountains or you in an area with limited coverage.

TRACK YOUR RIDE
Both iOS and Android let you track your ride without a cell connection. You'll be able to track your speed, distance, elevation and lean angle without cell service. Just be sure you're logged in to the app with a connection. Tap to record your ride and all your data will be recorded with our without service. The only downside is you won't see the rendering of the map until you reach the Internet. Once you record a ride, you can also share it to the platform so other people can ride it. :worship:

CRASHLIGHT
The app uses the sensor on your device to detect a motorcycle crash and notifies contacts with your exact location. It's like OnStar for motorcycle riders but you control your safety team. The cost is $14.99 per year and you DO need cell service for CRASHLIGHT to work properly. Once a crash is detected, the app sets off a 3:00 minute timer. Once the timer reaches zero, notifications will be sent to the emergency contacts you set but we need cell service to send out the notifications.

RIDERS NEARBY & GROUP RIDE
A cool feature is Riders Nearby. We built it to make planning a ride really easy. Basically, when you're out riding, you open the app and see if your buddies are out and about. If so, message them and meet up for a ride. Or set a private ride group and only see your group on the map. You can set your location visibility to control your privacy. For these feature to work, you need cell service.

If you're riding this Memorial Day weekend download the app and give it a try... for iOS download here: http://esr.cc/ESRapp and for Android here: http://esr.cc/ridewithdroid.

Drop us a note at feedback@eatsleepride.com for questions or feedback. Enjoy the ride! :biker:

Check out Alex's review of the CB1100 here https://eatsleepride.com/c/16424/honda_cb1100_-_brand_new_youre_retro
Marina, I'm 'following' some from this forum... and some are also 'following' me. But what does it mean? I've looked at the ones I'm following and I can't see their rides or anything... not that we really need to be watching what each other is doing. But what's the point of the 'follow'?
 
Thread starter
George, right after I replied to Marina (hoping to get her to catch the question on following ) I saw Ferrets question on lean angles and then your response. I also noticed, when I signed into their website on my iPad, that they have a whole host of subjects to explore that was not visible from the app. It was late when I looked at it, but I think there is something in there that explains the following or at least something like it. I think this app and accompanying website is going to be an interesting find!
 
Yep. I think you're right, Gene, although the FAQs are a wee bit thin at this stage. I've tried the app a couple of time around the town and I quite like it, although, for me, it would be a whole lot more useful if I could export the maps it drew and then play with them. Still, it's great work and if we all support it, I hope it's utility will grow with time. The only alternative I've found—the Navionics app—is directed to cyclists and walkers.
 
ahh that helps a lot George. Min is left (why don't they say left? lol) and max means right (again the obvious question) since I know I'm roughly leaning the same left and right the numbers don't make sense (11 degrees left and 71 degrees right? not even Lorenzo can lean 71 degrees lol) it must be the way I hold the phone and hit the button to start the ride and the fact that it's in my coat pocket and not laying flat in my tank bag when I ride.
 
Ok for todays ride I rode 19 miles and gassed up the ST. Then started the app tracker laying flat in my tank bag and took off. Results much more to what I was expecting. Rode an additional 21 mile, in 31 mins, top speed was still 63, ave speed was still 43 (see told you I rode between 45 and 60 lol)..but the lean angles were now closer..as a matter of fact the same. Min or left lean -36 degrees and max or right lean 36 degrees.(see told you I leaned the same to both sides lol)

It was fun playing with it today and now that I know it has to be started laying flat and stay flat during the ride for best results.

Now if someone figures out how to delete previously saved rides, let me know.
 
In the "Saved Rides" section, find the ride you wish to delete and swipe it to the left. The "Delete" button will appear.
 
ahh great. Thanks Sea

edit: it worked!
 
The next thing, Ferret, will be to share them so we can all see where you ride. :)
 
Back
Top