Eat Sleep Ride app

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey guys, at the Superbike school, Arva turned me on to the 'earsleepride' app for iPhone users. I think there's also an Android app... It looks pretty cool. I haven't used it yet, but he tells me that it can record your rides and save them for later. It tells you all sorts of things about your ride, miles ridden, altitude changes, lean angles, etc. You can even log your trips and share them with other riders that you choose. You guys going on the Bland rally ought to check this out. It could be a great way to document exactly what routes you ride, etc.

This is what you look for in the App Store.

a34b593bf5bccc1425859c674b81702e.jpg


This is what it looks like downloaded to your phone.

66afdc88d7bed72512991bcab3efcd6c.jpg


This is what the home page looks like.

80bbe10c8fb5c872bcf6762bc1592b9a.jpg


They're also on FB for those who want to follow their activity there.

The whole thing looks pretty cool.

Thanks Arva!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looks interesting, ride4now. I'll follow it up. I had a similar app from Navionics, but couldn't share the maps which would have been very useful.
 
Using my iPad, I cannot find anything about it on the App Store. Strange.

Edit: ok, figured it out. Its for iPhone only and doesn't show with the show iPad apps only selected.
 
Well as usual with this techno stuff my sign up failed and I can't get it to work, so I deleted it. Apps...pfffft
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well as usual with this techno stuff my sign up failed and I can't get it to work, so I deleted it. Apps...pfffft
Thats too bad, being the data person you are. You need an APP for using APPs
 
Truth.. This stuff hates me lol
 
My password to everything is " Can't remember". That way when they ask for it I'm being honest.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Using my iPad, I cannot find anything about it on the App Store. Strange.

Edit: ok, figured it out. Its for iPhone only and doesn't show with the show iPad apps only selected.
You can still install it on your iPad, popgun. You can then track yourself while you ride about the place reading the forum. :thumbsup:
 
Well I might just try that :D Install it on my iPad that is. I have an Android phone, but the reviews for the app for Android aren't exactly stellar.

The notes for the app do say it is for iPad too.

Ok, I installed it, but I set it so no one can follow me as I don't want Cormanus knowing where I am and sending Bubba...
 
The Navionics Hike and Bike app worked OK, but it doesn't seem to be available for Android. If you're into boating, their boating app is.
 
I installed this app this mourning on my Android phone. Went for a ride to try out the tracking. No go for me it kept crashing. Also Marina posted a link to another fellows pics of his bike with a vetter fairing. Clicking in the link also crashed the app. It looks promising so I'm going to leave it on my phone for a while and see if they get the bugs worked out.
Kevin
 
Yeah. I installed it too but haven't tried it yet.
 
The comments for it said it crashed a lot on Android so I didn't install it on my Android phone. They still have some bugs to work out on the Android version.
 
Thread starter
I'm sorry that it's not working on the clones... but I used it twice today with my iPhone and it worked great.

This screen shot is the map it drew from my abbreviated ride this morning on my KLR, before my clutch cable snapped. :(



These are the stats from that ride.



This is the map from the next ride I took today, this time on my Harley:



And the stats from that ride.



These are the ride leaders from this past week.



And at the bottom is me.



Pretty cool app... no problems for iPhone users.
 
ride4now_imp said:
I'm sorry that it's not working on the clones... but I used it twice today with my iPhone and it worked great.

This screen shot is the map it drew from my abbreviated ride this morning on my KLR, before my clutch cable snapped. :(



These are the stats from that ride.



This is the map from the next ride I took today, this time on my Harley:



And the stats from that ride.



These are the ride leaders from this past week.



And at the bottom is me.



Pretty cool app... no problems for iPhone users.
A question if I may. Do you need cell coverage for the tracking to work? A lot of my riding does not have cell service.
Kevin
 
Thread starter
Kevin, it probably does require cell service. However, I know I had spotty service today and it mapped the whole ride.
 
I dunno whether that's right, ride4now. You'd certainly need cell or wifi to be able to download and view the maps or for the CrashLight feature, but I suspect the recording is based on the GPS and can continue irrespective of whether there's a cell signal. I might ask the developers and see what they say.
 
Thread starter
That's true... You certainly need cell or wifi to view the ride. And you probably need it to start a ride. But sinsce cell service sometimes comes and goes during a ride, it may actually continue to map it for a while while there is no service. It would be interesting for someone to test that...
 
Back
Top