PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Makes sense. Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks Cormanus. I could get behind that, and I bet i could find some aluminum tubing, but here's the problem:Cormanus_imp said:You might do better to see whether you can get a single piece of aluminum tubing you can cut to size rather than using a pile of washers. I don’t know if it’s possible though.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Guth, but less an "idea" and more a hairbrained jury rigged hack job. MIZ would do a lot better to simply sell a replacement steering stem bottom piece with the appropriate mounting positions for the signals, the original '80 goldwings and '82 CB750F's that used these signals had the signals mounted right on the side of the steering stem bottom. That's not an option for me because i have to draw the line somewhere, lol. i'm just trying to get my signals close to that position without re-engineering my entire frontend.Guth_imp said:After you've got this figured out, maybe you could sell your idea to the MIZ guys. Their conversion kit could use a proper set of era-correct turn signals.
I'm dead certain that it's more involved than I think, otherwise i wouldn't be on here second-guessing myself, i'd already be cuttingHoutman_imp said:Your drawings are very good but in reality it might be more involved than you think. Good Luck !
Sometimes having no confidence in myself is a huge advantage and keeps me out of trouble.


Peter, no, the basic obstacle is the OEM signals use a very different mount than the signals i intend to use. It's what you call a "Square peg in a round hole" situation. They are also much longer than the OEM signals, so I need to bring the mounting position closer to the body in order to compensate. That's why i'm considering different ways to retrofit and relocate the signal mounting positions.peterbaron_imp said:Need two pics: lights = one side and mounting base = the other ...so your problem is how to link them together mechanically, correct??
What year CB??
Not a smart way to ride.Houtman_imp said:Would using hand signals even be easier …..