Dyno

Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Weather permitting I have a 9:00AM appointment Friday for dyno. :celebrate:
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
+1 I know all dynos are different but cycle world, two brothers, and motorcycle usa are getting a little bit more out of the CB because they are getting it to rev above 7K. Peak Hp seems to be in the 7200-7300 range.

Fuzzy, did you get your power commander?
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Will do!
+1 I know all dynos are different but cycle world, two brothers, and motorcycle usa are getting a little bit more out of the CB because they are getting it to rev above 7K. Peak Hp seems to be in the 7200-7300 range.

Fuzzy, did you get your power commander?
Yes, it's installed & ready.
Randy B_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Weather permitting I have a 9:00AM appointment Friday for dyno. :celebrate:
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without. I'll tell them!
 
FUZZY_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Weather permitting I have a 9:00AM appointment Friday for dyno. :celebrate:
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
+1 I know all dynos are different but cycle world, two brothers, and motorcycle usa are getting a little bit more out of the CB because they are getting it to rev above 7K. Peak Hp seems to be in the 7200-7300 range.

Fuzzy, did you get your power commander?
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Will do!
+1 I know all dynos are different but cycle world, two brothers, and motorcycle usa are getting a little bit more out of the CB because they are getting it to rev above 7K. Peak Hp seems to be in the 7200-7300 range.

Fuzzy, did you get your power commander?
Yes, it's installed & ready.
Randy B_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Weather permitting I have a 9:00AM appointment Friday for dyno. :celebrate:
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without. I'll tell them!
Disconnect the speedometer sensor wire and see what happens.....with and without.
Will do! knowing hp is interesting but your main purpose is to get it tuned and they need the full rpm to map it for all rpm's. You might ask them if they need the pair system blocked so it won't affect the air/fuel ratio sniffer and get the best tune.
 
Hp probably wouldn't go much higher but I assume they took it all the way up to the rev limiter (8.5k?) to get a complete fuel map.... Correct?
 
91 HP ...impressive. What is difference between red and green lines?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
91 HP ...impressive. What is difference between red and green lines?
The 1st chart is with speed sensor enabled shutting down @ 7K. 2nd is a continuation to 8K with sensor disabled. They didn't relay instructions I gave them to tech about disabling sensor. After seeing sheet I made them put it back on dyno for another pull up to 8K. Result was an additional 1.19 hp. 92.43. I'm satisfied. Stock on average is about 80-82 depending on conditions.
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
Nice results. I wish I knew what the power commander was good for on a stock bike. Also, what is the air box mod Fuzzy?
It may yield a slight improvement over stock but you would need to dyno for adjustment. They come lean stock & it could use more fuel. Better if you do exhaust & air box though. Here are pics of my mod. I eliminated the strainer completely open. Stock set up is ridiculous.
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....960&page=6
 
Thread starter
Mine was done in 4th to 8k. You will see no increase after 7.5k. Air/fuel stays pretty true after 7k. The run was w/temps in 90's & 50-55% humidity(felt more like 90%). If you don't disconnect speed sensor you won't get past 7K & yes disconnecting netted 1.19 additional HP.
 
Thread starter
Must be you can pull >112 mph in 4th gear then.
[/

If you doubt my data, I'm sorry. Dyno sheets don't lie. Nor do I.
 
I read somewhere that the speed limiter does activate in 4th and 5th gears. It may have been in that real long thread about how to deactivate it.
 
The only way found to this point is to disconnect the speed sensor on the rear wheel.
 
Was just out riding and noticed that, by my speedo and tach, 3000 RPM in 4th is about 47 mph, so it's turning about 15.5 mph per 1000 rpm. So, it'll definitely hit the limiter in fourth. Should hit it at about 7225 rpm.

With no limiter, and wind resistance allowing, CB11 riders so inclined would exceed 130 in 4th as the tach swung to 8500.

P.S. to clarify, I'm using speedo as an abbreviation for speedometer in this post. I don't own any other kind of speedo, and if I did, I can't imagine any situation where it would be my chosen CB1100 riding apparel. That's just me, though.
 
Thread starter
Must be you can pull >112 mph in 4th gear then.
[/

If you doubt my data, I'm sorry. Dyno sheets don't lie. Nor do I. No one is suggesting that you are being disingenuous, or that the dyno charts are unveracious. I am using the word "you" as in "the royal you", meaning "any old bloke" that might give it a try. What I have been trying to do is determine why the speedo sensor needs to be disconnected.

The answer is of course that the bike can exceed 112 mph in fourth gear, and fourth gear is optimal for dyno testing, at least in this case.
I recon. Thought that got covered a ways back but, hey? Not go throw any $50 words out but I'm glad it's cleared up.
 
Back
Top