Dyno Results Today

12cb96vfr_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
88hp, 67ftlbs

2-bros slip on, k&n, PCV

Trying to upload the screenshot but the file is too large - i'm trying to crop it now - the torque curve is awesome.

Bike is SILKY SMOOTH now, that is the best part.
 
Thanks for sharing that. Did you get a dyno run before the mods? I expected more HP gain from those mods; but it would depend on the starting point.
 
Thread starter
na man I didn't, I was curious to see the 'before' shot too....

tryin to get the pic to upload...no luck, prob be tomo
 
My result probably the same, given differences in dyno equipment

max pwr 91.6, torque 69.7.

Staintune slip on, dome cut off snorkle with stock paper filter, pair hose blocked, power commander v.
 
I think that 2 Bros is more than a little optimistic with some of their horsepower gain claims. They released an exhaust for the Hawk GT a few years ago that they claimed doubled the bikes hp. Somehow their stated starting hp point was lower than any test I had ever seen. I'm guessing that their "after" claim was just as off as their "before" claim.

That said, different dynos are going to yield somewhat different results so there is one more variable to consider.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Looks like Hondahoarders was one of the ones that hit the speed limiter at around 6800 rpm. Most of the stock charts I've seen without the limiter interference peaked in the low 80s (83-84ish) at around 7300 rpm.
Guth_imp said:
I think that 2 Bros is more than a little optimistic with some of their horsepower gain claims. They released an exhaust for the Hawk GT a few years ago that they claimed doubled the bikes hp. Somehow their stated starting hp point was lower than any test I had ever seen. I'm guessing that their "after" claim was just as off as their "before" claim.

That said, different dynos are going to yield somewhat different results so there is one more variable to consider.
I think they're pretty close in this case. The CB1100 chart that 2 Bros. release showed the peak at 90 hp with their pipe (vs. 84 hp stock).
 
Thread starter
Yeah I'm happy overall - I tell ya the way it runs now is great - it is so smooth!

The cool thing is he said movin forward any other mods I do tuning it should be a snap. This time we had to block off the o2 sensor and create a place for the "sniffer" to get the reading before the catalytic converter. That was what took the most time. Now that that part is done, the rest is cake.

like the moron I am i took the picture of the dyno chart at 8meg, so the file is massive, and I can't find the printout he gave me to take another pic (hope it didn't fly out going down the highway LOL).
Im also uploading my map soon - waiting for my wife to wake up before I go rummaging around looking for the disc hahaha
here is a stock CB for reference
ALMOST FORGOT - you have to run it in 3rd gear to get to the redline - very important.

The speed limiter kicks in right before the rev limiter in 3rd so you can get the best run - power actually drops off just before (and I mean just before, like 7999 haha) 8k RPM - and if you're in 4th it'll kick in around 7k.

We looked at some options to remove the speed sensor but since its tied into the speedo I didn't want to mess with anything. If you cut it you're going to put the bike in safe mode and limit RPMs in every gear.

Kinda hoping someone will come up with a way to override it, but I never ride above the posted speed limit personally :)
chart attached
 
I'd like to see the location of the new port for the sniffer. Do you know if he used the dynojet stealth extraction kit to do it?
12cb96vfr_imp said:
na man I didn't, I was curious to see the 'before' shot too....

tryin to get the pic to upload...no luck, prob be tomo
I think the blue line is before.
 
I have 2 Q's..on the second dyno chart why the two lines same color, with the darker set having more torque and HP? and did yours rev all the way to 8500 as it appears on the dyno?

ok I thought of a third Q.. were you there watching and did they run it in one gear or multiple gears?
 
Thread starter
Yeah i should have clarified; base run was before the tune, but after the bolt-ons. I don't have a bone stock dyno pull unfortunately
Yea we pulled it in 2nd thru 5th actually. Yup all the way to 8500 in 3rd.

We did a run right of the bat to get the baseline numbers; then tuned it for like 2 hours & then did the final run.
My main concern was getting the air:fuel dialed in, hp and torque numbers were cool for reference..

He did say the base map on the PCV was very close... so if you have a slip on but no time for a dyno run it'll still run pretty good
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
Yeah I'm happy overall - I tell ya the way it runs now is great - it is so smooth!

The cool thing is he said movin forward any other mods I do tuning it should be a snap. This time we had to block off the o2 sensor and create a place for the "sniffer" to get the reading before the catalytic converter. That was what took the most time. Now that that part is done, the rest is cake.

like the moron I am i took the picture of the dyno chart at 8meg, so the file is massive, and I can't find the printout he gave me to take another pic (hope it didn't fly out going down the highway LOL).
Im also uploading my map soon - waiting for my wife to wake up before I go rummaging around looking for the disc hahaha
here is a stock CB for reference
ALMOST FORGOT - you have to run it in 3rd gear to get to the redline - very important.

The speed limiter kicks in right before the rev limiter in 3rd so you can get the best run - power actually drops off just before (and I mean just before, like 7999 haha) 8k RPM - and if you're in 4th it'll kick in around 7k.

We looked at some options to remove the speed sensor but since its tied into the speedo I didn't want to mess with anything. If you cut it you're going to put the bike in safe mode and limit RPMs in every gear.

Kinda hoping someone will come up with a way to override it, but I never ride above the posted speed limit personally :)
chart attached
Interesting. Ideally, a dyno roll on run is made in whatever gear is closest to a 1:1 ratio. That eliminates hp losses due to the gear reduction in the transmission. For the CB11, 5th gear is almost 1:1. Third gear is 1.545:1, so I'd expect actual power at the rear wheel in 5th to be a bit higher than your chart.

Of course with the speed limiter, it's kind of a moot point.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
12cb96vfr_imp said:
Yeah I'm happy overall - I tell ya the way it runs now is great - it is so smooth!

The cool thing is he said movin forward any other mods I do tuning it should be a snap. This time we had to block off the o2 sensor and create a place for the "sniffer" to get the reading before the catalytic converter. That was what took the most time. Now that that part is done, the rest is cake.

like the moron I am i took the picture of the dyno chart at 8meg, so the file is massive, and I can't find the printout he gave me to take another pic (hope it didn't fly out going down the highway LOL).
Im also uploading my map soon - waiting for my wife to wake up before I go rummaging around looking for the disc hahaha
here is a stock CB for reference
ALMOST FORGOT - you have to run it in 3rd gear to get to the redline - very important.

The speed limiter kicks in right before the rev limiter in 3rd so you can get the best run - power actually drops off just before (and I mean just before, like 7999 haha) 8k RPM - and if you're in 4th it'll kick in around 7k.

We looked at some options to remove the speed sensor but since its tied into the speedo I didn't want to mess with anything. If you cut it you're going to put the bike in safe mode and limit RPMs in every gear.

Kinda hoping someone will come up with a way to override it, but I never ride above the posted speed limit personally :)
chart attached
Interesting. Ideally, a dyno roll on run is made in whatever gear is closest to a 1:1 ratio. That eliminates hp losses due to the gear reduction in the transmission. For the CB11, 5th gear is almost 1:1. Third gear is 1.545:1, so I'd expect actual power at the rear wheel in 5th to be a bit higher than your chart.

Of course with the speed limiter, it's kind of a moot point.
Interesting. Ideally, a dyno roll on run is made in whatever gear is closest to a 1:1 ratio. That eliminates hp losses due to the gear reduction in the transmission. For the CB11, 5th gear is almost 1:1. Third gear is 1.545:1, so I'd expect actual power at the rear wheel in 5th to be a bit higher than your chart.

Of course with the speed limiter, it's kind of a moot point.
Cool, I didn't know that! I was primarily worried about the a:f as opposed to the numbers, but man that speed limiter sucks. When you can't even get thru 3rd gear without it kicking in, thats just too intrusive
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
88hp, 67ftlbs

2-bros slip on, k&n, PCV

Trying to upload the screenshot but the file is too large - i'm trying to crop it now - the torque curve is awesome.

Bike is SILKY SMOOTH now, that is the best part.
What is PCV?
 
Romo1969_imp said:
12cb96vfr_imp said:
88hp, 67ftlbs

2-bros slip on, k&n, PCV

Trying to upload the screenshot but the file is too large - i'm trying to crop it now - the torque curve is awesome.

Bike is SILKY SMOOTH now, that is the best part.
What is PCV?
What is PCV?
It could mean many things but in this case POWER COMMANDER V. You can Google it for CB1100 for prices, specs, and video installation.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top