Dyno results....Re-dyno after reflash?

Waldo_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just had my bike Dyno'd today. I have a TSR air funnel K&N air filter and a custom slip on exhaust from cone engineering. I had the mods on before the tune. The baseline was 86.39 hp and 68.22 torque and I ended up with 91.19 hp and 71.40 torque. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on getting my bike reflas he'd in the future to remove all the de tunes just to have a little more response and a little more on the top end doesn't hurt. My question is would another dyno be worth it after a reflash or will the reflash just improve upon my previous dyno?
 
what/how did they adjust or tune in your Dyno?
A dyno just measures things, they have to tune or change something to get more HP based on what the Dyno shows them....
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
what/how did they adjust or tune in your Dyno?
A dyno just measures things, they have to tune or change something to get more HP based on what the Dyno shows them....
I have a PCV installed.
I mean since the reflash changes how the bike runs would abother dyno run and retune be worth it.
 
I believe Don ( Guhls.com) has a couple flash profiles he could put on.
1. My 2013 Dyno tuned onsite w/Staintune( has fuel, timing, limits programmed) fuel map close to PCV
2. Ridem32 had one done with just the limits removed, shipped no bike ( if you are keeping PCV that may be option for you.
3. CIP52 had PCV fuel settings applied, timing tweaked and limits removed. shipped, no bike
4. Metal just had his 2014 ECU flashed, not sur what he ended up with. shipped, no bike.
Have you looked at the PCV fuel ratio they ended up giving you?
Install the DynoJet software on your PC, connect your PCV via USB cable, load/view the map on your PCV to see what fuel changes they made.
 
It would be interesting to do a post-flash dyno just to see any changes vs. PCV and ensure the A/F ratios are still in good health...
 
I just checked the Dynojet website and the map created off of my bike is now listed as an available download (16-040-002 Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on Stock air filter), however, when I click on the link I get a "Page Cannot be Found" message. I suppose it's still in the process of being made available.

HikerToo, I think you're referring to me in #4 and, actually, my ECU is still stock. I took my bike to Dynojet and they installed the PC-V and tuned the bike in order to develop the new map. I'm still considering having my ECU reflashed and, if I do so, need to decide whether to simply remove the limits (#2) and continue running my PC-V or, option #5, see if Don can load the fuel map created at Dynojet directly onto my ECU allowing me to do away with the PC-V. Of course, there's always option #6 - leave well enough alone! Haha. My horsepower and torque numbers are great. The bike rides perfectly.

Waldo, those are great numbers. You need to figure out if the person who would perform your reflash can use the fuel map developed from your tune and download it directly onto your ECU. If so, that would seem to be the best option. It's possible that some minor tweaks could be made to the map after the limits are removed but I don't know that they would be substantial enough to warrant paying for another tune. If you have money to spend and/or connections with a dyno tuner, then why not? Reflash and tune all over. That means, however, that you'll still be running a PC-V after the reflash. It seems that most often, the goal is to do away with a piggy back device and just have the reflashed ECU with the best map available. But I have read of people doing/running both a PC-V and ECU reflash - most often those are track racers looking to squeak out every last drop of HP available.
 
A reflash, depending on the map installed (and your goals for a remap) will negate the need for a PC-V. With the ECU now mapped the way you want, the power commander becomes surplus.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I just checked the Dynojet website and the map created off of my bike is now listed as an available download (16-040-002 Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on Stock air filter), however, when I click on the link I get a "Page Cannot be Found" message. I suppose it's still in the process of being made available.

HikerToo, I think you're referring to me in #4 and, actually, my ECU is still stock. I took my bike to Dynojet and they installed the PC-V and tuned the bike in order to develop the new map. I'm still considering having my ECU reflashed and, if I do so, need to decide whether to simply remove the limits (#2) and continue running my PC-V or, option #5, see if Don can load the fuel map created at Dynojet directly onto my ECU allowing me to do away with the PC-V. Of course, there's always option #6 - leave well enough alone! Haha. My horsepower and torque numbers are great. The bike rides perfectly.

Waldo, those are great numbers. You need to figure out if the person who would perform your reflash can use the fuel map developed from your tune and download it directly onto your ECU. If so, that would seem to be the best option. It's possible that some minor tweaks could be made to the map after the limits are removed but I don't know that they would be substantial enough to warrant paying for another tune. If you have money to spend and/or connections with a dyno tuner, then why not? Reflash and tune all over. That means, however, that you'll still be running a PC-V after the reflash. It seems that most often, the goal is to do away with a piggy back device and just have the reflashed ECU with the best map available. But I have read of people doing/running both a PC-V and ECU reflash - most often those are track racers looking to squeak out every last drop of HP available.
Yes, but can you do 113 MPH? :-)
And think what the advanced timing in lower 4/5 gears would do for you.....
 
HikerToo_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I just checked the Dynojet website and the map created off of my bike is now listed as an available download (16-040-002 Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on Stock air filter), however, when I click on the link I get a "Page Cannot be Found" message. I suppose it's still in the process of being made available.

HikerToo, I think you're referring to me in #4 and, actually, my ECU is still stock. I took my bike to Dynojet and they installed the PC-V and tuned the bike in order to develop the new map. I'm still considering having my ECU reflashed and, if I do so, need to decide whether to simply remove the limits (#2) and continue running my PC-V or, option #5, see if Don can load the fuel map created at Dynojet directly onto my ECU allowing me to do away with the PC-V. Of course, there's always option #6 - leave well enough alone! Haha. My horsepower and torque numbers are great. The bike rides perfectly.

Waldo, those are great numbers. You need to figure out if the person who would perform your reflash can use the fuel map developed from your tune and download it directly onto your ECU. If so, that would seem to be the best option. It's possible that some minor tweaks could be made to the map after the limits are removed but I don't know that they would be substantial enough to warrant paying for another tune. If you have money to spend and/or connections with a dyno tuner, then why not? Reflash and tune all over. That means, however, that you'll still be running a PC-V after the reflash. It seems that most often, the goal is to do away with a piggy back device and just have the reflashed ECU with the best map available. But I have read of people doing/running both a PC-V and ECU reflash - most often those are track racers looking to squeak out every last drop of HP available.
Yes, but can you do 113 MPH? :-)
And think what the advanced timing in lower 4/5 gears would do for you.....

Oooh.... wicked :rofl:
 
Love those HP numbers!

One of these days I'm going to take my bike up to Don. I have Motogear headers, Staintune and TSR air funnel.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Love those HP numbers!

One of these days I'm going to take my bike up to Don. I have Motogear headers, Staintune and TSR air funnel.
I'd like to see the difference with the headers. Make sure you post when you get the chance.
 
Waldo_imp said:
I just had my bike Dyno'd today. I have a TSR air funnel K&N air filter and a custom slip on exhaust from cone engineering. I had the mods on before the tune. The baseline was 86.39 hp and 68.22 torque and I ended up with 91.19 hp and 71.40 torque. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on getting my bike reflas he'd in the future to remove all the de tunes just to have a little more response and a little more on the top end doesn't hurt. My question is would another dyno be worth it after a reflash or will the reflash just improve upon my previous dyno?
I like cone engineer reverse cones, how do you like it?
 
CBhooligan, no sign of Waldo since July 2015.
 
c217a4986933c798b6536a31cd8cfc7c.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
CBhooligan, no worries, but, in reality, who would know whether he looks at the forum without logging in, so it may always be worth asking the question if you really want to know.

By the way, can anyone tell me why Wally had to be renamed Waldo for the North American market?
 
Waldo_imp said:
I just had my bike Dyno'd today. I have a TSR air funnel K&N air filter and a custom slip on exhaust from cone engineering. I had the mods on before the tune. The baseline was 86.39 hp and 68.22 torque and I ended up with 91.19 hp and 71.40 torque. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on getting my bike reflas he'd in the future to remove all the de tunes just to have a little more response and a little more on the top end doesn't hurt. My question is would another dyno be worth it after a reflash or will the reflash just improve upon my previous dyno?
Not to offend you:hello:
theoretically.. 4.8 HP & 3.18 torque more = :rofl: = sorry, but for me not worth digging (compared to baseline). How much did you spend on mods?
I'd like to see results BEFORE mods, for further assessment please.
:beerchug:

pb
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Waldo_imp said:
I just had my bike Dyno'd today. I have a TSR air funnel K&N air filter and a custom slip on exhaust from cone engineering. I had the mods on before the tune. The baseline was 86.39 hp and 68.22 torque and I ended up with 91.19 hp and 71.40 torque. I'm pretty happy with the results. I plan on getting my bike reflas he'd in the future to remove all the de tunes just to have a little more response and a little more on the top end doesn't hurt. My question is would another dyno be worth it after a reflash or will the reflash just improve upon my previous dyno?
Not to offend you:hello:
theoretically.. 4.8 HP & 3.18 torque more = :rofl: = sorry, but for me not worth digging (compared to baseline). How much did you spend on mods?
I'd like to see results BEFORE mods, for further assessment please.
:beerchug:

pb
Not to offend you:hello:
theoretically.. 4.8 HP & 3.18 torque more = :rofl: = sorry, but for me not worth digging (compared to baseline). How much did you spend on mods?
I'd like to see results BEFORE mods, for further assessment please.
:beerchug:

pb The benefit is in cleaning up throttle response, reducing driveline lash (fuel cut eliminated) and popping, more efficiency, and generally improving the rideability of the bike. A little bit more power but an improved power band can really help the feel of the bike.

That said, I never did get around to sending my ECU to Don Guhl because the 2013, mine anyway, ran very well.

I would not want to think I'd have to reflash a 2017 to cure any problems. I hope they've gotten that sorted out with the Euro 4 and so on.

How about an image of the dyno run to see the entire powerband?
 
I'm sorry to be the party pooper here; but I really don't understand the point of putting buckets of money into mods to increase the HP from 86 to 91 (6%) on a bike like the CB1100.
You want HP, there are plenty of other bikes out there that are smoking hot right out of the box; e.g. Kawi ZR900RS has 111 HP, stock, and it's a "retro" bike too.
It's your nickel, and you can spend it as you see fit, but my mod dollars were spent on suspension, not HP, thank you very much.
 
Back
Top