Dunstall Fairing on an EX

paisa_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I've pondered the possibility of figuring out how to mount a full Dunstall-style fairing on my EX and was wondering if anyone has done something similar? Originally was inspired by a job done over in Alberta on an old Thruxton:
878c85d3f8cad39fb6124ef2cc0ba7cb.jpg


Thinking of using a fairing from Airtech:
ad8fe9c5fb056081a21d6bc82ad812b0.jpg
 
One of our members (I think former member) has done this! His was similar to the Airtech you show. I can’t remember his name, but I saved the picture he posted. Unless someone remembers who he was, I’ll post it up tomorrow evening.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
One of our members (I think former member) has done this! His was similar to the Airtech you show. I can’t remember his name, but I saved the picture he posted. Unless someone remembers who he was, I’ll post it up tomorrow evening.
I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find any topic on it. Do you have a link to the thread?
 
A few years ago, Honda commissioned a "builder" to make a Dick Mann 1970 Daytona tribute bike out of a 2014 standard. It came out looking rather weak, with the fairing mounted high and forward because gauges weren't relocated.

Also a video:
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Here is one, but the pics are not the one I saved. May be a different bike. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13313&highlight=fairing

A kit from Samurider: http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13955&highlight=fairing

This might show pics of the Don Vesco Rabid Transit. I can't see the pics at work: http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8571&pid=134315#pid134315

And now I'm tired of looking :D
Thanks Popgun. I'll get in touch with the user in that thread and see where they got.
 
Here is the picture I was thinking of.

 
I think I look at these with curiosity, but would never own such a configuration. Tucked down, I reckon they must drill through the air well.
 
I ended up with the fairing. As GoldOxide says, works very nice if you are tucked down - which is not my style. The air goes over the windscreen then tumbles into my lap. Tried adding a coupe vents in the windscreen to fill in the low pressure zone and that did not work.

So it's off the bike for the time being.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I ended up with the fairing. As GoldOxide says, works very nice if you are tucked down - which is not my style. The air goes over the windscreen then tumbles into my lap. Tried adding a coupe vents in the windscreen to fill in the low pressure zone and that did not work.

So it's off the bike for the time being.
I am sure my back would punish me if I attempted to tuck down for any amount of time while touring. :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
I ended up with the fairing. As GoldOxide says, works very nice if you are tucked down - which is not my style. The air goes over the windscreen then tumbles into my lap. Tried adding a coupe vents in the windscreen to fill in the low pressure zone and that did not work.

So it's off the bike for the time being.
The bike looks great regardless. I’m noting what you wrote about feeing the heat from the engine on your legs. Wondering if having the lower half of the fairing is really a good idea
 
They are easily detached so for the times when heat is not an asset one could remove them.
 
Back
Top