Dual Staintunes!!!

jlhalsey_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Its been awhile since my last post. I have a 2013 Std and have done numerous mods including spoked wheels and DLX exhaust. I am very pleased with the bike but the OEM Honda mufflers are so heavy and worse, sooooo quiet. I had previously run a Staintune before i switched to the DLX exhaust and loved the sound.

I checked with Staintune and as i expected no plans for a DLX version and furthermore, they were out of stock on CB 1100 mufflers. I decidied to experiment with my old Staintune and mocked it up on the left side of the bike, rotated 180 degrees. It appeared to basically fit which encouraged me.

I spoke with Adam at Staintune and eventually received a new muffler as requested with heat shield nut / tabs and rear bracket loose in the box. With the help of a local shop i am happy to report that after about 5 hours of measuring, bending of brackets and TIG welding, we have a great result.

Bike sounds great and pulls noticeably harder.

The job was more complex than i expected, the right side Staintune did not fit well, too short. Required an 1 1/2 " tube extension. Old rear bracket cut off and relocated. Polishing where needed also. But very rewarding.
 
Nice work, JL. :thumbsup:
 
WOW, that's amazing. Good job. Bet it does sound great coming from the duals.
 
Fantastic job... Well done...
 
Very nice and love the spoke wheels.
Btw is there any problem with getting tires in the future with the spoked wheels?
 
incredible! maybe you could post a few side on pics , left and right? and a sound bite as well?
thanks in advance and great job!
 
The spokes are delightful!
btw I think I asked earlier are you concerned about the availability of tires down the road?
 
Oooh, nice!

Have you considered red rim tape for your wheel rims? That red pinstripe adds a certain finished look, very attractive.

Now, can we get you to post of video of the sound of your new set up?
 
Sweet! :thumbsup: Those wire wheels are sexy. Staintune makes a high quality product. I've been happy with them. I currently have a Staintune on my 2000 VFR800.

 
Great work! I'm impressed. I thought about doing something like that but it just seemed like more work than I was willing to commit to. I took the easy route and got the dual slip-ons from Over Racing, which I'm very pleased with.
 
Back
Top