down for a few weeks

Pterodactyl_imp said:
Many varieties of roo and wallabies (and wallaroos etc), the most common being the Eastern Grey. Central Australia and the outback plains are mainly populated by the Red Kangaroo. Reds are a bigger beast than the Greys. I'd better stop, this is a bike forum :)

Cheers
For the record, the Red Kangaroos are not Honda Candy Red. :)
 
At any rate, hitting any wild critter, from a possum to a deer to a roo to a moose on a motorcycle is not good as sethrose found out.

Stay alert out there and stay safe
 
I had a close call with a flock of turkeys on my way home from work last night. They were just sitting there in the road - about 10 or 15 of them - just around a right hander. Good argument for delayed apexing!
Google Maps
 
Out here it's 1 deer for every 2 people!! Needless to say riding around dusk is real DANGEROUS! Some years they have 2 deer hunting seasons, fall and spring to thin them out some.
 
Thread starter
Well im not gonna get a silver tank insurance wont pay for anything but a red one but I am getting the dented one back the dents not all that bad I think a good body guy could fix it so I might just have it painted anyone know the color code for the silver side covers on a 13?
 
If the tank is the same cost insurance can't pick your color! Tell them to just write you a check and order it from samurider! The tank would be cheaper from samurider then your Honda dealer anyways! Put your foot down on your agent!!
 
Thread starter
Honda wont let me fix the bike myself has to be done by a honda shop or inspected by a honda shop after the repairs. And none of the shops would inspect it because they didnt do the work. Its technically not the insurance he wrote me the check its honda and the shop that wont inspect the bike. I know there cheaper off samurider and the insurance guy was all about me fixing the bike myself. But the honda shops are A words.
 
Glad you came out of this one relatively OK.

Deer are scary.

One tactic that I've adopted when I'm riding after dark in areas where there may be deer on the road is to slow down until a 4+ wheeled vehicle comes up. I wave them pass and then ride behind them. *they* light up the road ahead for me, and *they* will be the ones to hit the deer that leaps into the road ahead.
 
Back
Top