down for a few weeks

sethrose_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well the title says it all I'm down for a few weeks as I got blind sided by a deer last night. I was lucky enough to walk away with bumps and bruises and some road rash plus a concussion. Thank god I had a helmet the darn deer head butted me in the head. Tore up the bike a little bit bent the bars into the tank and scratched up the left engine case along with some other minor things. I think I got pretty lucky. Keep your eyes open at night guys they come out of no where sometimes.
 
sethrose_imp said:
Well the title says it all I'm down for a few weeks as I got blind sided by a deer last night. I was lucky enough to walk away with bumps and bruises and some road rash plus a concussion. Thank god I had a helmet the darn deer head butted me in the head. Tore up the bike a little bit bent the bars into the tank and scratched up the left engine case along with some other minor things. I think I got pretty lucky. Keep your eyes open at night guys they come out of no where sometimes.
Omg!!!! Glad you're ok... You're right, they can and often do come out from no where. Good luck on your speedy recovery!!!
 
Damn, glad you're OK! Not really much you can do about a deer at night, they're probably not very visible unless you happen to catch the reflection of your headlight in the back of their eyes or something.

Parts can take a little while, but they'll get it straightened out for you! Heal up quick!
 
Glad you're okay Seth. Deer are the great unknown, especially at night. Here's hoping you heal up quick and the bike gets fixed up. Lots of riding to do this year yet!!
 
Sorry to hear, and happy to hear you will recover. Large rats and increasing as not enough hunting in USA. Darn things are in the subdivision where I live. Kid last fall got chased by a buck in the rut. And FYI deer whistles don't work.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I agree on the more time to ride! maybe I can get them talked into getting me a silver tank to match the side covers. I'm sure I'll be back riding by the end of the month thanks for all the well wishes!
 
Bummer, man, but the fact that you are able to tell us about it and know that you'll be back in shape soon is a good thing. Keep the faith, and feel beter.
 
Dang forest rats. They make the first and last hours of the day a real crap shoot for motorcyclists.

Glad you came out relatively unscathed. Hey, a silver CB would be unusual and cool!
 
Sorry to hear that Seth, but glad you're ok. Take care and recover quickly.
 
Glad to hear it's not any worse than it is and you walked away.
I've had several close encounters with both deer and moose and it sure scares the beejeebers out of you!
 
Seth,

Freak accident, one that always scares me when i ride. You can anticipate cars pulling out of driveways and intersections but this is unavoidable. Glad your OK and just have bruises. A buddy of mine was not so lucky a few years ago ( ended up in the ER with back injuries )when a deer caught his rear tire, never knew what hit him until we found hair in his back wheel.
 
When working as an animal feed rep in the North East I hit deer so many times on the rural roads with my car but never on my bike.
One time at 5 pm I was on a long stretch of straight road near the Delaware water reservoir on my CB1100R doing 135 mph and noticed a deer coming out of the woods ,that slowed me down forever!
The CB1100R was a race replica ,never officially imported into the USA.
I bought that bike out of California from the manager of Clint Eastwood, I got autographs from Clint for my children with that deal.
 
Just dang... glad you came away with a story to tell. You are not the first person I know who was taken down by a deer, but here is hoping you are the last.
 
Houtman_imp said:
When working as an animal feed rep in the North East I hit deer so many times on the rural roads with my car but never on my bike.
One time at 5 pm I was on a long stretch of straight road near the Delaware water reservoir on my CB1100R doing 135 mph and noticed a deer coming out of the woods ,that slowed me down forever!
The CB1100R was a race replica ,never officially imported into the USA.
I bought that bike out of California from the manager of Clint Eastwood, I got autographs from Clint for my children with that deal.
Well Houtman, "A mans got to know his limitations" :P
 
Back
Top