Double stack- hold the cheese

PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.

I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.

I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.

SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.

I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway. :)
After all that ... :rofl:

I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
It is an incredibly versatile engine.

Congrats on the 104. I believe that's the highest ever posted on this forum
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.

I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.

I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.

SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.

I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway. :)
After all that ... :rofl:

I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
It is an incredibly versatile engine.

Congrats on the 104. I believe that's the highest ever posted on this forum

Yup- nobody else has yet hit 100whp and it’s been over 4 years since I did that.

Bummed I didn’t get 105whp SAE just to have a solid number.

Although it would greatly surprise me- maybe the 4-4 will show a gain.

I do have another air filter to try, and I suppose I could put the TSR air box plate back on.

Would only take five minutes to change those parts out:… hmm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So no projected time frame on being able to buy any? What agravation you speak of ? I do my own tuning and wrenching would love to have some but the only other option i jave seen are 600$ no thanks
I bet a bigger set of cams would really help to
 
Thread starter
Why would you want to buy something that does not work?

These made only the slightest gain over what the stock velocity stacks make once you bore them out.


To remove the stock velocity Stacks all you need to do is take the back half off the airbox.

To install these you need to remove the entire airbox and the entire throttlebody assembly from the cylinder head. You then need to modify the front half of the airbox to fit these in as they are larger. A whole lot more work for no benefit.

I already have a bigger camshafts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.

I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.

I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.

SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.

I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway. :)
After all that ... :rofl:

I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
It is an incredibly versatile engine.

Congrats on the 104. I believe that's the highest ever posted on this forum

Yup- nobody else has yet hit 100whp and it’s been over 4 years since I did that.

Bummed I didn’t get 105whp SAE just to have a solid number.

Although it would greatly surprise me- maybe the 4-4 will show a gain.

I do have another air filter to try, and I suppose I could put the TSR air box plate back on.

Would only take five minutes to change those parts out:… hmm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup- nobody else has yet hit 100whp and it’s been over 4 years since I did that.

Bummed I didn’t get 105whp SAE just to have a solid number.

Although it would greatly surprise me- maybe the 4-4 will show a gain.

I do have another air filter to try, and I suppose I could put the TSR air box plate back on.

Would only take five minutes to change those parts out:… hmm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't a guy in England crack 100 just before selling his bike? I believe it was even covered in a magazine.
 
beardyweirdy claimed 100, but I can’t remember whether that was supported by Dyno evidence.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Why would you want to buy something that does not work?

These made only the slightest gain over what the stock velocity stacks make once you bore them out.


To remove the stock velocity Stacks all you need to do is take the back half off the airbox.

To install these you need to remove the entire airbox and the entire throttlebody assembly from the cylinder head. You then need to modify the front half of the airbox to fit these in as they are larger. A whole lot more work for no benefit.

I already have a bigger camshafts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wana keep my stock parts stock its ok ill figure it out on my own thanks for the help
PowerDubs_imp said:
1973cb750_imp said:
Still like to get a set of those

Nope. I can save you much time and aggravation.

Unless you like just a smidge more than what my ‘free’ homemade bored out factory Honda velocity stacks made.

104whp has been achieved.

Was it worth all the time and effort? No.


f3ed3ee78b00d419c03f71405ffc2c2d.jpg



6ff60b8353dc3d690faacabb2a25dda0.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ee535f4ff9a36b06d17ab3c9817c5141.jpg

4136106203a474c4b519dfe8424172ea.jpg

Nope. I can save you much time and aggravation.

Unless you like just a smidge more than what my ‘free’ homemade bored out factory Honda velocity stacks made.

104whp has been achieved.

Was it worth all the time and effort? No.


ad9f545d09e50d4d0fbf87a68505dc4e.jpg



3ae93c0666d248b3725e6291bee58d9e.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0406643e297889760d11b87e8868790b.jpg

a999cb805244987f7c3b408d66d94b8a.jpg


What i was after was just a few ponies not looking to make a max effort of the 1100 mine still has the speed limiter anyways a few hours work and 3 hp would make me happy after all if i wanted to go to the highest possible the head would be on my bench and a set of higher compression custom pistons would be on order and a die grinder
 
Thread starter
You can buy stock velocity stacks for dirt cheap on Ebay or even brand new from a dealer for not much more.

Boring them out- like I’ve shown on my other thread is quick, easy, and cheap. And the install of them is only a few hours.

As I said- these dual stacks make no more power- are custom made- require MUCH more work (days, not hours)- all for nothing.

Bore the stock parts - trust me. It’s absolutely the best answer. Quick & cheap- best results, and very easy and cheap to put back to stock.. not that there would ever be a need to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Shop that made these wants to try another set… different in design.

No further info… and any progress will probably be several months since he is on the other side of the world.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I’ll be in Thailand next month if you need me to break some knee caps.

PowerDubs_imp said:
Shop that made these wants to try another set… different in design.

No further info… and any progress will probably be several months since he is on the other side of the world.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can't believe it's been over a year, and you going thru all the back and forth with the shop has yet to yield ANY improvements. Crazy

Tuned in and interested in seeing results on the revised versions vs. your last numbers.

I want a >100HP CB11!!
 
Thread starter
Life gets in the way. Sooo much else going on.

100hp is easy.

My last test was 104 RWHP.... which even at a conservative 10% drivetrain loss is 115 crank horsepower... and that's with putting down over 75 wheel torque!

The bike... isn't slow.

And with the new 4-4, sounds fantastic.

Waiting on warm weather to get back to it... as I am now running split tuning- I am fueling the left 2 cylinders separately from the right 2.
 
power dubs im working on getting set up to flash tun the stock ecm hopefully i can figure it out id love to erase the speed limiter and change the timing vs gear tables
wish me luck
 
I’ll wish you luck 1973cb750. Keep us posted.
 
Thread starter
Yea- awesome to see others playing with this bike.

If you decide to make a post about what ever it is that you are doing- I will definitely follow it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top