GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
CB1100 stock is a wonderful bike.
However, it is not hard to bog it down, particularly in hot season riding.
However, it is not hard to bog it down, particularly in hot season riding.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
PowerDubs_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:After all that ... :rofl:PowerDubs_imp said:Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.
I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.
I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.
SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.
I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway.![]()
I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.
Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.
That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.
Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.
He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
The ferret_imp said:PowerDubs_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:After all that ... :rofl:PowerDubs_imp said:Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.
I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.
I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.
SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.
I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway.![]()
I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.
Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.
That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.
Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.
He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.
That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.
Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.
He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
It is an incredibly versatile engine.
Congrats on the 104. I believe that's the highest ever posted on this forum
PowerDubs_imp said:The ferret_imp said:PowerDubs_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:After all that ... :rofl:PowerDubs_imp said:Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.
I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.
I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.
SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.
I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway.![]()
I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.
Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.
That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.
Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.
He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.
That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.
Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.
He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
It is an incredibly versatile engine.
Congrats on the 104. I believe that's the highest ever posted on this forum
Yup- nobody else has yet hit 100whp and it’s been over 4 years since I did that.
Bummed I didn’t get 105whp SAE just to have a solid number.
Although it would greatly surprise me- maybe the 4-4 will show a gain.
I do have another air filter to try, and I suppose I could put the TSR air box plate back on.
Would only take five minutes to change those parts out:… hmm.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
idn't a guy in England crack 100 just before selling his bike? I believe it was even covered in a magazine. I wana keep my stock parts stock its ok ill figure it out on my own thanks for the helpPowerDubs_imp said:Why would you want to buy something that does not work?
These made only the slightest gain over what the stock velocity stacks make once you bore them out.
To remove the stock velocity Stacks all you need to do is take the back half off the airbox.
To install these you need to remove the entire airbox and the entire throttlebody assembly from the cylinder head. You then need to modify the front half of the airbox to fit these in as they are larger. A whole lot more work for no benefit.
I already have a bigger camshafts.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PowerDubs_imp said:1973cb750_imp said:Still like to get a set of those
Nope. I can save you much time and aggravation.
Unless you like just a smidge more than what my ‘free’ homemade bored out factory Honda velocity stacks made.
104whp has been achieved.
Was it worth all the time and effort? No.
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk![]()
![]()
PowerDubs_imp said:Shop that made these wants to try another set… different in design.
No further info… and any progress will probably be several months since he is on the other side of the world.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk