Double stack- hold the cheese

Thread starter
Production? No. Until I put my bike back together and then I’ll test them first production is not even a twinkle in the eye.

And considering it has been between 90 and 100° here for the last couple weeks, that is not on the table.

Rough guess 4 to 6 weeks from now I will probably head back to the dyno if the weather breaks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Have you done other basic / supporting mods already?

These aren't something as a 'first step'. At the very least, they will need fueling- even if intake and exhaust is otherwise unchanged.
 
Being English not my first language, may I ask: what's the meanign of "hold the cheese" in this context?

I guess I'm missing some reference.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, just me being being silly. Hold the cheese. Hold the mayo. Hold the onion. Pick your topping!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I was hoping to get to the Dino this afternoon but I am on the highway and completely stopped bumper-to-bumper traffic for an hour now because of some accident. Probably not going to happen which sucks because the weather is perfect for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
e6140d4ebcc57aa681266a2a8e79b5d0.gif
 
Thread starter
Rode the bike today for the first time since putting these in.

Didn't ride far, or any attempt whatsoever to focus on various RPM / throttle position...but once home the trim file did add some fuel in spots which is a good sign.

Stopped by the shop- showed him a pic of the stacks. He said call back at the end of this upcoming week.

Cool.

So I came home and took the Aprilia out for the first time since riding home from buying it!

No joke- the day I bought it was great weather- then it rained non stop for the next 7-8 days straight!! My friend texted me and said- "It's rained every day since you bought that bike- bring it back!!"
 
Thread starter
Might be headed to the local dyno tomorrow after work to finally test these.

Haven't rode it other than just a couple minutes that one day last week or so- so haven't adjusted any fuel maps... but will keep an eye on the A/F as we do a run...

My guess is that I was already rich enough that even if these runs might not be ideal - they will be safe- so I am not concerned.
 
Thread starter
1973cb750_imp said:
Still like to get a set of those

Nope. I can save you much time and aggravation.

Unless you like just a smidge more than what my ‘free’ homemade bored out factory Honda velocity stacks made.

104whp has been achieved.

Was it worth all the time and effort? No.


f3ed3ee78b00d419c03f71405ffc2c2d.jpg



6ff60b8353dc3d690faacabb2a25dda0.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ee535f4ff9a36b06d17ab3c9817c5141.jpg

4136106203a474c4b519dfe8424172ea.jpg
 
But did you enjoy yourself doing it, PowerDubs?
 
Thread starter
Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.

I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.

I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.

SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.

I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway. :)
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.

I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.

I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.

SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.

I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway. :)
After all that ... :rofl:

I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Yea- I never mind working on the bike- especially trying new things.

I haven't done the math on expected power production VS valve size- but I've played with more than enough engines modifying now to know that is the current limiting factor now.

I've opened up everything on the intake & exhaust- and we know that 1140cc is capable of more... so now it would be headwork. Which I won't be doing anytime soon- if ever on this bike.

SOOO- now I can move on to putting in the 4-4 exhaust. I've held off because I expect it to loose power vs the 4-1 but that's fine because it will look and sound cooler.

I ride around most of the time at 2k rpm anyway. :)
After all that ... :rofl:

I'm looking forward to your installing the 4 into 4 too. It will certainly look and sound cool.


Well....IF I ever *need* to get somewhere fast.. I can.

That's the beauty of this bike- it can do anything. UJM.

Bike shop guy loves it... he can't stop talking about it every time I am there. Can't believe what it does. I told him I can cruise around all day under 2k no prob and if I want to go- just twist the throttle- no bog, no hesitation.

He is used to tuning all the sport bikes that need 8-9-10k just to get going.
 
Back
Top