Don?t use radial tires on motorcycles!

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I find this interesting. It’s a Dunlop ad from a 1981 issue of Rider magazine. I had no idea radials were so dangerous on motorbikes! I wonder if Tony has this framed and hanging in his office?

dc2cd35a0d64ae754ff2072d51bb2642.jpg
 
I feel vindicated! I knew I was right to abandon those dodgy Angel GTs! :P
 
Thread starter
This wasn’t fake news — it was simply Dunlop’s corporate viewpoint at the time, which was later reversed through improved tire development, etc. it’s no different than someone claiming the earth is flat — this view was debunked years ago through scientific evidence and observation. Just because an opinion is incorrect doesn’t make it fake — it’s just incorrect.

For a great example of fake news, rent the movie “Wag the Dog” with Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro. Not only is it hilarious, it’s actually quite convincing and offers a somber view of our political environment.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
This wasn’t fake news — it was simply Dunlop’s corporate viewpoint at the time, which was later reversed through improved tire development, etc. it’s no different than someone claiming the earth is flat — this view was debunked years ago through scientific evidence and observation. Just because an opinion is incorrect doesn’t make it fake — it’s just incorrect.

For a great example of fake news, rent the movie “Wag the Dog” with Dustin Hoffman and Robert De Niro. Not only is it hilarious, it’s actually quite convincing and offers a somber view of our political environment.
I agree with you. That was over 40 years ago and a lot has changed in the tire world since then.
 
Oh man, just like unleaded fuel was the end of the combustion engine! Lol.

Switching to radials was a huge improvement on my bike. Then again, I wore the old tires down to the treads :P
 
ZarosCB_imp said:
Oh man, just like unleaded fuel was the end of the combustion engine! Lol.

Switching to radials was a huge improvement on my bike. Then again, I wore the old tires down to the treads :P
I hear ya regarding the tire wear. For me the rear tends to get down to the white canvas threads. I usually catch it late, but never got a flat. Just replace the tire typically within the following few weeks.

Welcome to the Forum ZarosCB.
 
Back
Top