riceburner_imp
Running like a top
Not enough to be really noticeable,so I vote no.Get a pair of motorcycle gloves,they should absorb any minor vibes to the hands.As far as the other vibration goes you're on your own.Good luck with that.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I just experienced the same situation past week, twice.Elipten_imp said:When a HD pulls up next to me at a stop light and I see that engine shake and the handle bars vibrate up and down a couple of inches, I wonder how people ride them and the amount of nerve and other tissue damage. And then I know why I love my CB1100 and and K75.


arn't in-line 4's famous for being smooth?redbirds_imp said:There is some vibration but hardly noticeable and not at all irritating. Actually a pretty smooth mill for an in-line four.
hmm, a BMW inline 4 to enforce your argument...now is that engine the rule or the execption to the rule?LongRanger_imp said:No. Can you say BMW K100?
arn't in-line 4's famous for being smooth?Riko_imp said:arn't in-line 4's famous for being smooth?redbirds_imp said:There is some vibration but hardly noticeable and not at all irritating. Actually a pretty smooth mill for an in-line four.
arn't in-line 4's famous for being smooth?redbirds_imp said:arn't in-line 4's famous for being smooth?Riko_imp said:arn't in-line 4's famous for being smooth?redbirds_imp said:There is some vibration but hardly noticeable and not at all irritating. Actually a pretty smooth mill for an in-line four.
To be smooth an in-line four needs a balance shaft. Now an in-line six, that's smooth.
I came from a KZ400 twin. I also feel no vibration from the CB1100, even after riding all day.Chapomis_imp said:After coming off HDs, I would say NO. I have bad wrists and the HD would kill them after a couple of hours. I can ride the CB for a day and have no wrist or hand issues, well....maybe after a day of twisties, but then it would be from holding on too tight, not the vibration.
I have a friend whose wife wouldn't let him replace their washing machine for this exact reason.Haystack_imp said:If a machine does not vibrate when it's running, I have no interest in riding it.
hmm, a BMW inline 4 to enforce your argument...now is that engine the rule or the execption to the rule?Riko_imp said:hmm, a BMW inline 4 to enforce your argument...now is that engine the rule or the execption to the rule?LongRanger_imp said:No. Can you say BMW K100?
I always thought: More cylinders, more smoothness...