Does such a bike exist?

postoak_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The "What would you choose" thread got me to thinking about my ideal bike. For many of you guys it's the CB1100, but my bike would need to have:

1) Naked bike

2) One with a larger physical presence -- like a well over 90" length

3) An engine that "winds up" and has a bit better acceleration (not necessarily a larger displacement engine).

4) Ideal forward lean -- I'm 6'1" and have a 31" inseam. According to cycle ergos both the Nighthawk 750 and CB1100 provide me with a 9 degree forward lean. This is comfortable to me. My Valkyrie has my body straight up and down and this is fatiguing after a while.

5) Close to a neutral foot position. I don't like the foot forward position of most cruisers and my feet are too far to the rear on the CB1100 and I'm cramped.

6) No need for bags or other touring equipment, or 2 up riding

My Valkerie is close, but it isn't naked and the forward lean angle is too low.

Anyone wants to throw some ideas out there?
 
not small...almost the same as the CB1100. Not at all sure why the overall length is important once it's over about 80". BMW does make a naked version of that bike, too. Even the k1600 is only 98" long...I'm not going to do your research for you, but I can't imagine very many bikes that are 90+" long, naked, and with a forward leaning seating position. Even the 1200GS is "only" 88"

Try the VFR1200F maybe.
 
Thread starter
Thanks, I never have looked at Moto Guzzi bikes. Actually the forward lean angle for me is 7 degrees, which would be better than the Goldwing Valkerie, but it has the feet-forward position I don't care for.
 
Thread starter
Actually no. I mean one that is sizeable. Like 2400 mm or 94 inches long or longer. It'd be interesting to make a list of all of them that are naked, don't have forward foot controls, and a forward lean angle of about 10 degrees. Actually, I don't think there are any such bikes.
You are right though about it being much easier to find wheelbase figures. I just checked on some of the bikes that come close to having all the things I want, as far as wheelbase.

Gl1800C Valkerie - 67.1
GL1500 Valkerie - 66.5
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster - 66.7
Honda GL1000 - 60.8
Honda GL1100 - 63.2
MG California Eldorado - 66.7
MG California Audace - 66.7
BMW R1200C - 64.96

I was waiting for someone to mention the Rocket 3 Roadster as the footpegs are just a little forward, and so this bike comes closest to meeting my parameters.
 
This topic has plagued me for the last 10 years. If I had to have just 1 it would be the VStrom 650 because of it's relative light weight, fuel mileage, long list of farkles and 2 up capability.
 
Thread starter
I just looked at the Diavel -- it is a line not a model, apparently, and the larger 2 of the 4 Diavel models - the XDiavel and XDiavel S have a wheelbase of 63.6 inches and length of 90.9 inches. Bigger than most bikes but still kinda small compared to the competition. Forward lean is 3° and the foot position looks promising. But although naked, the engine doesn't really stand out.

But keep the suggestions coming.
 
Thread starter
Hey, it does look interesting. Forward body lean is 8° - almost the same as the CB1100. The foot position seems just about right. It is naked. Large size.

I've heard it is not fun leaning it over, but I'm not one who presses the limits in curves, so that may not make a difference to me.
 
postoak_imp said:
I just looked at the Diavel -- it is a line not a model, apparently, and the larger 2 of the 4 Diavel models - the XDiavel and XDiavel S have a wheelbase of 63.6 inches and length of 90.9 inches. Bigger than most bikes but still kinda small compared to the competition. Forward lean is 3° and the foot position looks promising. But although naked, the engine doesn't really stand out.

But keep the suggestions coming.
Diavel is the powercruiser from Ducati.
Its their model.

They recently updated the model and called it Xdiavel.

Difference between Diavel and Diavel Carbon is, carbon parts :)
Difference between xDiavel en xDiavel S are also carbon parts and more bling bits.
Maybe some upgrades in brakes.

So differences are only cosmetic.

High horsepower and torque and Honda VTec like technology.
How does that new DVT engine not stand out? :)
 
Back
Top